"Transexual" censored by filter

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
Person A wants* a gender transition surgery.

Fixed that for you. =)
01/23/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Epaxea
Neither of us are likely nor have the inclination to be convinced by the other either way.

don't let that stop you from brewing up this s*storm and derailing this thread
01/23/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Epaxea
Person A wants* a gender transition surgery.

Fixed that for you. =)

I did clarify the "Need" as "assuming we go by the links that the other poster provided".

I'm not 100% convinced that it is an actual condition that puts a person in THAT much emotional stress/pain, but... well.

I suppose it isn't my place to judge because I don't have the condition myself and as such, would be impossible for me to imagine what they say they feel.

Either way.

Such a condition does have emotional/mental issues, true. But yet it isn't (usually) too much a detriment to a person's life unless they start harming themselves. Let's fix other, more important stuff first before spending welfare money on transgender treatments, mmm? Those people with the broken bones, treatable cancer, etc have more important problems.

The whole "Triage" concept.
01/23/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Torque
I'm curious as to how you found out this word was censored.

lol.

I never stopped to think about this one.
01/23/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Algathor

Oh man, back then we just plain cut off a limb with too many injuries. Before that, we lit injuries on fire to stop bleeding. Instead of just applying pressure.

Remember when we treated those who seem to be mentally insane or unstable by cutting out half the brain? Oh man, good times good times.

You mean the 1960s?
01/23/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Algathor
Remember when we treated those who seem to be mentally insane or unstable by cutting out half the brain

Remember when individuals with XY chromosomes were males and those with XX were females? Of course, times are changing so we must all adapt, eh? ;)

P.s. I believe that I am a pony trapped inside a woman's body. Therefore, a pony must be what I really am and people need to understand that. Why are people so bigoted and ignorant? Stay with the times, people!
01/23/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Epaxea
That's like saying a person with a broken leg shouldn't get a cast because they would be in pain anyway. By your own admission you don't want to investigate the issue or consider any opinion other than your own so I don't really see what you are doing in this thread.

Much like you're doing? =)

Oh and that was an inaccurate analogy. Try again. Or don't. I beg to differ. Neither of us are likely nor have the inclination to be convinced by the other either way.

Explain why it is inaccurate. Address the findings of the studies I've brought forward. Do you have an issue with the clinical experience of the doctors in the report I posted? If so then please go ahead and elaborate.

You have yet to actually craft an argument. I have nothing to contest or reconsider because you have done nothing but rephrase your initial opinion, show contempt for empirical evidence, and add =) to the end of every post.
!@#$% is also censored.

i didn't organs can be classified under "bad."

I assume you mean the male genital organ? Or the female one?

Either way, little kids (and almost-adults) giggle at the word like it is bad.
01/23/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Räle
Explain why it is inaccurate.

A healthy male with XY chromosomes and the appropriate male anatomy who perceives there is something wrong with him is not akin to having a broken leg.

01/23/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Epaxea
Remember when we treated those who seem to be mentally insane or unstable by cutting out half the brain

Remember when individuals with XY chromosomes were males and those with XX were females? Of course, times are changing so we must all adapt, eh? ;)

P.s. I believe that I am a pony trapped inside a woman's body. Therefore, a pony must be what I really am and people need to understand that. Why are people so bigoted and ignorant? Stay with the times, people!

I highly suggest going out and talking to transgendered people.
01/23/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Epaxea

OH so THAT's where Bronies come from?

Oh wait, that'd be a pony trapped in a MAN's body.

My bad.

Still!

*This post was posted in massive sarcasm quotes.
01/23/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Epaxea
Explain why it is inaccurate.

A healthy male with XY chromosomes and the appropriate male anatomy who perceives there is something wrong with him is not akin to having a broken leg.

Neurological and endocrinological evidence suggests otherwise.
This thread is honestly full of contradiction,
    if it was allowed and people were constantly using it you would be offended.

it's censored (people can't use it) you're offended.

So what you're saying is you'd perfer for the word which describes your sexuality be constantly used and joked about? : - )