Tess Greymane

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
Anyone else know How old Tess Is and if maybe there is a future story there Between Her and Anduin...Maybe? I was thinking of her age...and thought that maybe she was much older than Anduin....
I Believe that Tess is actually alot closer to Varian and Jania's age being that Genn was near 70 in warcraft 2 and Liam is definately varians age or older. Varian and Jania are both only in their late 20 early 30s
I honestly thought Tess was much younger than Liam.

And i thought Liam was Way older than Varian? like by 15 years or such.
So, what.. that makes Jaina, Valeera, and now Tess..

Anduins a player..
to be honest the only currently established lore character that Anduin could be logically paired up with is Valeera because while yes shes and elf and like 100 or 1000 years old she has the mentality or 15-16year old girl to the very point that varian himself sees her as a teenager than of of a woman like Jania.
01/22/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Ferlion
Anduins a player..

1st: Jaina is his Aunt......or something......and Varian and Jaina are the same age. I honestly see them Getting to gether in the Future.

2nd: Valeera is an Elf....so i see nothing wrong with that.... hell isnt Alleria much older than Turalon?

3rd: I think it Would be Great to see the Son of SW and the Princess of Gilnaes get together to Unify the Gilnaens and the Humans of SW together..... but the only thing that bothers me is the Age difference. Seeing as how humans age Faster than elves Tess looking like a person in her mid 30-40s would kinda mess that up.....small issue of Pedo.

On the other hand seeing as how the humans are Midevil based......wouldnt stuff like this be common?
I'd place Valeera at maybe 40 to 50 years old. Blizzard needs to do something with her, I'd hate to see her shunted aside and forgotten about.
01/22/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Asterides
I'd place Valeera at maybe 40 to 50 years old. Blizzard needs to do something with her, I'd hate to see her shunted aside and forgotten about.

Id Like to see something done with her too.....

But in all honesty.....i cant See her and Anduin Getting together.

And it is possible Tess is only in her 20s.......Heck in The Shattering i thought Anduin Fell in love with that Dwarven Female who died when the Karanos Brewery Collapsed.....Poor thing....

I cant remember that Dwarfs name.....
they really leave it open for how old Tess could be. She looks pretty young in the game art. she could pass for late teens/early 20's. Give Anduin a few years to mature and we'll see.
I could honestly see it happening too......Anduin is Really Mature For his Age....

But what if Tess is a Worgen?

I could honestly see it happening too......Anduin is Really Mature For his Age....

But what if Tess is a Worgen?

As far as we know, based upon the scenes in Greymane's short story, and since she was never mentioned or seen in Wolfheart, Tess and Mia as well, aren't worgen.

The thing that we don't know is if Tess can be the rule of Gilneas. There's no mention if a female can inherit the throne of Gilneas and considering that the population, for the most part, are now worgen, and more animalist in their outlooks (i.e. pack leaders, packs and whoever is alpha controls the pack, prefer to stay in woods and hunt and dislike being in civilization), we may see Tess actually either become a worgen or defeat whatever worgen challenge her in order to retain the "alpha" status. Such as when Alpha Prime took over the worgen, but then again they were mostly feral while the Gilnean worgen retain some of their humanity. Would the worgen accept a non-worgen as alpha?

So while Tess, and I agree her disapperance is par for the course when it comes to Gilneas/worgen story in game, is at this point princess, it would probably be similar to most monarchies where the female becomes a member of the husbands household and doesn't have the same "powers" she would if she had stayed unmarried. I.E. she can't rule both Gilneas and Stormwind if something happened to Anduin.
We all know Anduin is going to end up falling for some noble's daughter who is prim, proper, somewhat old-fashioned in dress and how she speaks/acts, etc...

. . .

But who is also a frost mage.

And has a mother with a personality to match Varian's. They can both have that period of hating their parents to have common ground.

. . .

Awww heck, who am I kidding? He's going to be married to Med'an at the rate things are going...
01/22/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Allaynia
Awww heck, who am I kidding? He's going to be married to Med'an at the rate things are going...

Naw. Med'an has to pass on his messed up genetics, and toss in a whole other species into the mix. Doesn't have any Elf blood, let's toss that in the mix, shall we?

Half Elf, quarter Human, and one eighth Orc and Draenei. Looks like Med'an, but with more eyebrows.
I would like to see more lore between Varian, anduin, and Genn and his family. Gotta think that much royalty under one roof might be cause for some arguments right?

But it would be neat to see Tess, and anduin have some lore together.
I would like to see more lore between Varian, anduin, and Genn and his family. Gotta think that much royalty under one roof might be cause for some arguments right?

But it would be neat to see Tess, and anduin have some lore together.

Nah, at the end of Wolfheart, Genn and Varian bro-hugged and bro-fisted and said that they are never going to fight again.

Besides, Alliance leaders having arguments? That's something only the Horde leaders are allowed to do. Alliance never argue, never fight and always love each very, very, much.

I'd love to see Genn and his family actually do something besides be MIA, or just a potted plant in Varian's throneroom.

Perhaps when Varian is declared High King, the thing that he will do for Genn is to singlehandily take back Gilneas thus ensuring that the Gilneans will never question his authority again and follow him to the ends of the earth, much like they do with the night elves.
I thought Liam was like 25 and Varian 35
01/22/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Asterides
I'd place Valeera at maybe 40 to 50 years old.

Actually, Valeera is the first and only example of Elf aging we have. There was a flashback that showed her as a child when the Scourge attacked, which means that in spite of their longevity, they do age similar to humans up to a point.

She's either late teens, or early twenties.
they really leave it open for how old Tess could be. She looks pretty young in the game art. she could pass for late teens/early 20's. Give Anduin a few years to mature and we'll see.

I doubt Genn or Mia could've possibly had a child past the age of 50 or so, and I doubt Mia was Genn's daughter from a younger mistress or something.

As others have said, Genn was pretty old in WCII and he must be downright ancient now, pushing his late 90s. He was closer in age to Lothar, Terenas and presumably Llane, so his offspring would be closer in age to Varian than not.

01/23/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Vesran
I'd place Valeera at maybe 40 to 50 years old.

Actually, Valeera is the first and only example of Elf aging we have. There was a flashback that showed her as a child when the Scourge attacked, which means that in spite of their longevity, they do age similar to humans up to a point.

She's either late teens, or early twenties.

Well also have Tarenar Sunstrike who corroborates Valeera's aging. He said as a child he wanted to be a paladin and fight scourge in the Ghostlands- paladins didn't exist until about 25 or so years before Cata and the Ghostlands and Scourge didn't exist until 10 years before Cata, meaning he had to be a young teenager at best during the events of WCIII and in 10 years is now considered an adult. Also, I think Shandris Feathermoon was called a straight up teenager in the WotA novels, but was obviously of physical and relative emotional maturity.
01/23/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Omacron
As others have said, Genn was pretty old in WCII and he must be downright ancient now, pushing his late 90s. He was closer in age to Lothar, Terenas and presumably Llane, so his offspring would be closer in age to Varian than not.

Late 70s seems more likely than late 90s.

Lothar died at 57 and would have been 81 had he lived to see the Cataclysm. Terenas likely died in his 70s (after ruling Lordaeron for about 50 years), so he would have also been in his 80s now.