No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
Yeah it's a bit disappointing because we all really do enjoy being able to 'open the doors' so to speak. But, it is an enormous effort by all employees, including our game designers and artists, not to mention customer support and quality assurance, PR, our business departments, and *hot breath on fingernails & shirt rub* Community & eSports to make a BlizzCon happen. In a year when we're working to release multiple titles (knock on wood) it makes sense to focus our efforts. Also with multiple game releases we just wonder if we'd be at a point with any of them where we'd have anything really big or new or cool to talk about.

We didn't have a BlizzCon in 2006 either, and at that time we were really strong on the idea that BlizzCon isn't really supposed to be and doesn't have to be an annual event. Of course then we have it for five straight years in a row... which obviously built some expectation.

Personally I always enjoy seeing the excitement, the rushing crowds, hearing the clicking of mice on the demo stations, and waiting in agony as the seconds countdown to an announcement and then the waves of emotion from the crowd that follow it. But thinking about our year and what we're trying to get done already without a BlizzCon, and having to think pretty hard about what we'd have to announce or demo, it just makes sense to me not to have one.

Here's to the Battle.net World Championship, it's going to be awesome, and to a bigger and better BlizzCon in 2013.

Make sure to change your IV every once in awhile and take frequent bathroom breaks while your working... because yanno us players we demand alot :D
01/25/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Bashiok
Here's to the Battle.net World Championship, it's going to be awesome, and to a bigger and better BlizzCon in 2013.

If I'm still playing WoW, I may go.

Exactly, people forget Blizzard has 3 major releases comming out this year. Thats a lot of work.

I mean Diablo 3 is cool and amazing but it doesnt take up 3 games

Ok yes it does nvm

You know they're also releasing MoP and the Starcraft II expansion this year, right?
Good game

ROFL YOU THINK MOP WILL BE A MAJOR RELEASE LOOOOOL.

Swarm pushed back to 2013

Herp derp, every expansion is, even if the qqing minority on the forums goes 'kunfupandaztrolololololol'
All this means is yet one more year with no information on the Titan project.
WoW is dead
If WoW is dead, why are you still playing and posting on the forums? Also, 10 million other people beg to differ.
It'll be Project Titan and another WoW expansion... :)
i would rather they focus on making the new releases the best they can be than divert attention to blizzcon.
01/25/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Tehhappydog
It'll be Project Titan and another WoW expansion... :)

Announcements for next years blizzcon? Legacy of the Void, D3 expansion, maybe Titan, or even WoW movie news.
Will be kinda sad if D3 doesnt come out this year. Im pissed at myself for signing up to the annual pass enough as it is to think that who knows come December this year I will get some warning of you need to sign up for ANOTHER year to get D3... and then it doesnt come out if 2013...

*sleeps*

unliked on facebook cause of all the stupid posts they have. Game of the year? wahaha ok then..
So Blizzard'll have con space at PAX, then?
Yeah it's a bit disappointing because we all really do enjoy being able to 'open the doors' so to speak. But, it is an enormous effort by all employees, including our game designers and artists, not to mention customer support and quality assurance, PR, our business departments, and *hot breath on fingernails & shirt rub* Community & eSports to make a BlizzCon happen. In a year when we're working to release multiple titles (knock on wood) it makes sense to focus our efforts. Also with multiple game releases we just wonder if we'd be at a point with any of them where we'd have anything really big or new or cool to talk about.

We didn't have a BlizzCon in 2006 either, and at that time we were really strong on the idea that BlizzCon isn't really supposed to be and doesn't have to be an annual event. Of course then we have it for five straight years in a row... which obviously built some expectation.

Personally I always enjoy seeing the excitement, the rushing crowds, hearing the clicking of mice on the demo stations, and waiting in agony as the seconds countdown to an announcement and then the waves of emotion from the crowd that follow it. But thinking about our year and what we're trying to get done already without a BlizzCon, and having to think pretty hard about what we'd have to announce or demo, it just makes sense to me not to have one.

Well, as long as you make up for it in releasing lots of information the next few months on Mists, D3, and (especially for me!) Heart of the Swarm. :)

And releasing the titles themselves.

Yeah, we can forgive you if you do these things. And since I hear Mists is coming along so well...don't you think it's about time for some info dumps? :) C'mon, you know you guys want to... :D
Aww, I wanted to go this year, since this would be the first year I could go. Oh well, the mid expansion Blizzcons have always been pretty bad. So I'll wait 2013s epic Blizzcon.
yay lets all sit on the forums and spew speculationt hat was fed to us by a website that has been known to regularily post utter bull!@#$!

sounds legit.
01/25/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Bashiok
Also with multiple game releases we just wonder if we'd be at a point with any of them where we'd have anything really big or new or cool to talk about.

I hope I'm reading and interpreting this incorrectly.
01/25/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Kaltanna
I hope I'm reading and interpreting this incorrectly.

I think he means with these releases and so much effort focused on them, that they wouldnt have anything really new to add about them, or future content, because they're not focusing on it right now.