No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
I see people posting that Blizzard is sinking because of TOR.

Boy. You are wrong. You are so wrong. I have been playing it today.

On Fleet (IE, Stormwind) : 7 people

On Taris, where I was leveling : 2 people

Level 50 : 4 people.

Yes, such a dead server sounds like success
BTW, I bought SC2 and played two games MP with it

I left because I was utterly slaughtered. Not because is bad.
But, it is an enormous effort by all employees, including our game designers and artists, not to mention customer support and quality assurance, PR, our business departments, and *hot breath on fingernails & shirt rub* Community & eSports to make a BlizzCon happen.

What? Customer support, quality assurance? Surely you jest?! What would they have to do?
"Hello, this is quality assurance - we are calling to hear if you are going to have a good time?"

Individual experiences may vary.

Last I checked on my server Fleet was over 200 and taris was about 120. Most recently on Hoth it was about 100, and this is republic side.

I don't even doubt this is true. But my server (which was Heavy on release) is certainly not the ONLY server in this case.

And when you are on a dead server on TOR, you are REALLY dead. Really, really, really dead. No LFD, no LFR, no working LFG, no transfers (free or otherwise)

For my part, I'm bringing my Sith Warrior to 50, and then...I don't know. For all the praise they made about leveling, no one is going to reroll ''the same class''

Fact is, Blizzard is a titanic, sinking slowly when it comes to quality.

Yup, everyone knows that 10 million players in just one of their franchises is a sure measure of failure.

The "its done when we say its done" is obviously an epic development quality fail as well. Just look at SWTOR for an example of what happens when you release a beta quality game to retail.
entire 8 year franchise on a single content patch.

Current content patch, TBC, WOTLK, and PRE-BC shouldn't matter when it comes to what I'm playing at end game, which is just rehashed models.

Fact is, anti-fanboys being anti-fanboys is trolling no matter how you look at it.

Except I'm not being a anti-fanboy, this is all the truth, perhaps Sc2 was opinionated, but the rest is the truth..I'll change it up though.

http://onebigphoto.com/uploads/2011/11/zeppelin-on-fire-thumb.jpg

That's Blizzard entertainment and or World of Warcraft in a nutshell.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. If we're talking about the future of Blizzard and whether or not they're headed down the drain, you shouldn't just be talking about the current state of the game. You should be basing it off of information that pertains to the future, like the outlook of the game, upcoming patches and expansions, playerbase, competition, etc.

You're basing your stupid statements off of a snapshot in time only as it pertains to you and without thinking of any other factors other than what you see on your game client. If that isn't the height of stupidity, I don't know what is. Come back when you're ready to actually have a debate instead of rattle off the same tired whining that people have been saying for the last 8 years.

But I still think you're going to need to explain how you think having more active subscriptions than all other top MMOs COMBINED while having an entirely new MMO in the works and THREE DIFFERENT GAMES to be released this year is anything even remotely resembling a downturn. P.S. Using figures from more than a whole quarter ago isn't real evidence, especially if you refuse to take into account the reason behind it, so don't even try to say it's because they lost a bunch of players.
But, it is an enormous effort by all employees, including our game designers and artists, not to mention customer support and quality assurance, PR, our business departments, and *hot breath on fingernails & shirt rub* Community & eSports to make a BlizzCon happen.

What? Customer support, quality assurance? Surely you jest?! What would they have to do?
"Hello, this is quality assurance - we are calling to hear if you are going to have a good time?"

You know all those workers at Blizzcon? Yeah they are QA/CS people. You know the people helping set up and run Blizzcon, yeah same people. Pretty much everyone at Blizzard has a hand in the event.
BTW guys, saying that WoW is losing sales is like saying that cars fro 2002 are more troublesome than 2012 cars.

Of course it's losing subs-the game is EIGHT YEARS OLD. Rating ''losing subs in 2012 for a 2004 game'' as a ''Titanic'' let me wondering what kind of sales would you consider ''success'' in the videogame industry.

This without considering that TOR lost a solid third to half of it's player base. In one month

Aren't there like A LOT more servers than that though?

There are...and they're all in a similarly sorry shape.

There are...and they're all in a similarly sorry shape.

Wow, that didn't take long.
I go to blizzcon to have a party with my long distance blizzcon friends. The fact that I get to nerd out is also fun.

Hiya bul! I'm sad we won't see each others this year. or anyone else T_T.
Just going to say i am VERY disappointed that it was cancelled for 2012, I saved up for 1yr for me and my friend to go and now its cancelled..this is VERY disappointing and I am not pleased at ALL!
I'm ok with this if it means we'll see titan sooner.
I go to blizzcon to have a party with my long distance blizzcon friends. The fact that I get to nerd out is also fun.

Hiya bul! I'm sad we won't see each others this year. or anyone else T_T.

Hi Niamh! I'm gonna miss you guys :''''(
I hope the broadcast times for the tournament in asia aren't at 4AM American time.