No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next

I would expect another expac revealed in 2013 for WoW assuming that it takes place around October again. 2013 will most likely be the reveal for Titan. Followed by me letting out a huge groan of disapproval if its an FPS as rumored.

They confirmed that it was an mmorpg a long time ago, I don't understand why that rumor survives.

It doesn't meant that its not a FPS styled MMO. Welcome to the World of Halo! bleh..
01/25/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Arbwise
Oh noes! But how will I get my Jay Mohr fix?

I don't think Jay Mohr is really in that big of a demand. In fact, you could probably call him and he'd show up at your birthday for 5 bucks and a piece of cake.
This might not have been the big fiasco you think it was, because I just don't know what you are referring to.

The question regarding why their aren't any gay or lesbian characters given story in game to represent that portion of their player base. Followed by the poop storm that sprung up on the forums for several weeks.

Not to mention the weeks of threads regarding the Corpsegrinder video and Horde favoritism. For over a month those were the 3 main subjects being discussed/argued over to the point that Blizz had to make several announcements (which stirred things up even more).

They confirmed that it was an mmorpg a long time ago, I don't understand why that rumor survives.

It doesn't meant that its not a FPS styled MMO. Welcome to the World of Halo! bleh..

They said MMORPG.

without hurting there WoW playerbase.

Titan is going to be the successor to WoW.

I'm an Aussie and I couldn't get over to Cali so I bought the stream to last year's Blizzcon (my first). I absolutely loved it. I kicked myself for not buying the streams for the all previous ones. I was really looking forward to it this year. Not happy. ='( /sob

The question regarding why their aren't any gay or lesbian characters given story in game to represent that portion of their player base. Followed by the poop storm that sprung up on the forums for several weeks.

Not to mention the weeks of threads regarding the Corpsegrinder video and Horde favoritism. For over a month those were the 3 main subjects being discussed/argued over to the point that Blizz had to make several announcements (which stirred things up even more).

Yeah, the LGBT Q&A controversy. The Corpsegrinder fallout. The woman who was assaulted because she was an Alliance player. 2011 Blizzcon certainly wasn't Blizzard's finest hour.
Does this mean if they didn't host Blizzcon 2011 to announce Poke-Wow and Kung-Fu Panda then Blizzard would've have time in their schedule to complete games on time and we'd all be playing D3 now?

Blizzcon takes at most a couple weeks out of the game developers time and when I was there in 2011 the most common theme I heard from the guys on stage was how much they value Blizzcon because of all the immediate feedback they get from the player base.
This new announcement implies that Blizzard doesn't want or value the feedback from their fan-base over the next year, which is peculiar seeing as they're planning on launching 3 new games (d3, SC2xpac & MoP). I guess those will all be perfectly designed on release.

And if Blizz really is trying to free up their schedule, then why have any events in 2012 at all? This announcement seems to be a set up for Blizz to fall back on when D3 doesn't come til summer 2012 and MoP releases AFTER Blizzcon 2012 would've happened.
01/25/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Osmeric
Perhaps they fear either MoP won't be out by then, or it will and will be having a negative reaction.
I'm guessing this is closer to the truth.
01/25/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Eloderung
I'm sure there are people that go or watch only for the tournaments and e-sports side, but I doubt it.

Have you been to a Blizzcon? 30k ppl there Blizz 2011, watching SC2 GSL finals! LOL, you have no clue!
01/25/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Ipewood
lmao cause this game is losin peole like starwars is gaining people

I was one of the ones that was excited over Star Wars and planned on juggling both it and WoW. I'm also one of the ones that leveled to 50 and seen the game turn to poop once the story experience ended. Have fun with your raid bosses hitting enrage before their due and Bioware not fixing it because they are shoving another raid consisting of space zombies on top of it. The War Zones were nice but Ilum is a total disaster. Good luck enjoying that totally borked open world pvp they keep slapping a band-aid on.

Everything you have blasted Blizzard over for the last several years is right there in front of you from a different developer. All the Hipsters can enjoy their pretty flashlights while they talk about how surperior and how different the game is from WoW~
Ill go out and say it now.

I blame.... activision CORPORATE GREED!

lawls sorry.. I had to be the first! bobby kotick fault!

Yeah, the LGBT Q&A controversy. The Corpsegrinder fallout. The woman who was assaulted because she was an Alliance player. 2011 Blizzcon certainly wasn't Blizzard's finest hour.

Well we can all blame Blizzard for fostering that behavior for years...now the Genie is out of the Bottle and there isn't any way for Blizzard to put him back in...they ran off most of the respectable players years ago...whats left is that loser with a rap sheet wearing a horde T-shirt....that is the average WoW player now.
I thought for awhile Blizzcon wasn't every year? But they've been doing it every year for the past few because they've had a game release or content to show for the last few.
01/25/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Hellpint
Im glad there will be no Hordecon 2012! Now all the neckbeards that roll horde will have to meet up at the local McDonalds to yell Loktar Ogar.

Say the gnome who seems to have an STD oozing out his melted face. Jus' Sayin
01/25/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Ganaene
You all realize that the world is ending on december 21st 2012 right?

I'm not sure if your kidding or not, but I always find it fascinating that there are a bunch of people out here that *actually* believe this. Pulease. Do you know how many times in history mankind thought the end of the world was some specific date?

You wanna know the true end of the world? It's in approx 5 billion years when our sun expands into a Red Giant. :)

Anywho....being all the way in New Jersey, I'm don't really care about the fact that there is no Blizzcon this year, as I never considered going anyway. Besides, I think it is best that Bliz focuses on things that really matter....the games themselves. By taking this approach, I think Bliz will be able to pump out releases faster this year instead of all that silly Blizzcon prep work.
Wow this is stupid. I had actually planned a trip out to San Diego to stay with a friend that ended with us going to Blizzcon. So much for that......And MoP will be out by summer time, if you seriously think Dragon Soul will last a full year your fooling yourself. They learned their lesson with the backlash from ICC. D3 and MoP would have been out by the time Blizzcon rolled around and they would have had plenty to talk about. For WoW they could have talked about the next patch and class balancing, for D3 they could have talked about any expansions or whatever, the new DOTA game they revealed last year, etc. Blizzard, you keep dropping the ball.....