Please bring back whoever designed Ulduar

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
01/25/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Casmavara
1) It took alot more time and money to create them.

Then they need to reallocate resources and stop with the bleh raids that have come out since then.

2) People complained that they accidently triggered hardmode and got roflstomped.

There was no way to "accidentally" start a hardmode. If you pulled Freya without killing the trees, that is your own damn fault. If you can't slow DPS to NOT kill XT's heart, again, your own fault. If you can't control your raiders to NOT hit Mim's red button, then you have bigger issues with your raid group.

3) Because if they did it for every raid it wouldn't be special.

There is a difference between being "special" and having a raid that was actually enjoyable. Besides Kara and Black Temple, there has not been a single raid I have enjoyed more than Ulduar. I honestly don't even know why I am still raiding. This entire expansion has just been awful when it comes to raids.
01/25/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Vyrin
Ulduar was the single best raid Blizzard has ever created.

For once Vryin.. I am in complete and utter support of what you are saying. :P

As for ulduar... people never complained it was too long. People only complain NOW that lots of bosses is too long because they're of the gogogogogogog mentallity and that things need to be roflstomped asap without effort.

It never took that long to clear to the keepers... there were plenty of optional bosses and they were fun too.
Ulduar took an incredible amount of development time. Think about it the main raid at the start of Wrath was actual rehashed content, not ZG, DS, Firelands, whatever else people claim is rehashed when it isn't, it was just an old raid that had it's numbers retuned for 80's meaning that the Raid and Dungeon team only had to create three new bosses: EoE, 1 boss, OS, 1 boss and VoA, 1 boss. That means that Ulduar would have been a major focus of the Raid and Dungeon team for over an entire year, with Sunwell being released 25 Mar 2008 and Ulduar being released April 14, 2009.

I loved Ulduar as much as the last guy but I don't want to have to wait a year to get a raid of it's quality when Blizzard is able to make some still pretty good raids in less time, albeit more time would probably make better raids.
01/25/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Untasteful
I loved Ulduar as much as the last guy but I don't want to have to wait a year to get a raid of it's quality when Blizzard is able to make some still pretty good raids in less time, albeit more time would probably make better raids.

And some people would prefer quality over quantity.

*shrug*
01/25/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Arianenna

*shrug*

And some people would prefer not waiting a year between raids.

Quality is nice but if you make people wait too much you get player burnout and no one will see your new quality raid that is still 6 months away.
Ulduar is perfection made raid. When I entered that place the first time, I could hardly believe it. It's so massive.. so beautiful.. such mystique.. I wish new raids where made just as epic. ICC was good, but Ulduar was just insane. Make it happen, Blizzard!
01/25/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Untasteful

*shrug*

Quality is nice but if you make people wait too much you get player burnout and no one will see your new quality raid that is still 6 months away.

So you think spewing out raids with seven or eight bosses with "heroic" modes that are basically the same fights with a few added mechanics is better? People will burn out either way.

So you think spewing out raids with seven or eight bosses with "heroic" modes that are basically the same fights with a few added mechanics is better? People will burn out either way.

Neither of the options are perfect, I just think that release more, albeit not as good, raids is better in terms of preventing burnout. Ulduar was amazing however you'd still see a much higher rate of burn out if people had to have to farm a single great raid for over a year instead of doing one pretty good raid and than another pretty good raid but only for 6 months each.

You're telling me you'd like a repeat of the ICC debacle?
01/25/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Lynaris
That seems to be the most popular raid next to Kara.

Maybe in hindsight. It certainly wasn't DONE as frequently as Kara was. I'd agree that people disliked the fact that ToC so thoroughly replaced Ulduar, but people didn't seem that interested in returning to it for it's own sake, at least until it was much easier to PuG.
01/25/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Arianenna
Honestly, besides for the modular hardmodes like Flame Leviathan, Freya, and Yogg-Saron, the only interesting HM in Ulduar was Firefighter and that's because they added more than one new mechanic in the fight (fire + water extinguisher!).

XT, Council, Hodir, Thorim, and Vezzax HMs were no more exciting than the current HMs of some bosses now. Personally, I think HM LK, Sinestra, Ragnaros are on par or greater than Firefighter/0 Lights.

Edit: LOL. Forgot about Thorim. His HM was completely negligible if you had a Druid tank. -_-
01/25/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Vyrin
Ulduar was the single best raid Blizzard has ever created.
01/25/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Vv
That seems to be the most popular raid next to Kara.

Maybe in hindsight. It certainly wasn't DONE as frequently as Kara was. I'd agree that people disliked the fact that ToC so thoroughly replaced Ulduar, but people didn't seem that interested in returning to it for it's own sake, at least until it was much easier to PuG.

No one returned to Ulduar because ToC provided much better loot with only five bosses and 10-man required little in terms of skill to clear.
01/25/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Brogression
icc was far better than any cata raid thus far.

Debatable, even though Putricide was and still is my favorite fight ever, Firelands was a quality raid untill the 15-20% nerfs and BoT doesn't get as much credit as it should. Cho'gall being a glorious fight.
01/25/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Brogression
icc was far better than any cata raid thus far.

Eh...

Many people would disagree, but you are welcome to your own opinion.
RIP Ulduar. It was and still is the greatest raid instance ever designed.