Any news coming in the next 10 months?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next
"We do have a plan to update the calculator with all of the changes that have been made (thus far based on constructive community feedback and internal testing) in the near future."

I get a little annoyed with this; constructive feedback should encompass negative feedback, but it gets quickly smashed with the troll stamp and discardly lately. There has been already a ton of feedback on this subject, and Blizz made it very clear, "We going to stick to our way." Players do not want this talent change. going from a 31 point tree to a 6 point tree is very boring and limting. Just because feedback may not embrace Blizz grand plans, doesn't mean it's trolling and disregarded. It is still postive and constructive, trolling is more defined as make outburst slander comments just to be insulting. I do love Wow, but not happy with the upcoming changes. There has already been a mass of feedback, that been completely ignored. It feels rather insultiing to the customer.

Huh? Negative feed back is encompassed by Constructive feedback provided that the negative feedback is constructive. I've never seen any Blizzard employee label threads "with the troll stamp and discard" them. Players might do this sure but that doesn't automatically mean Blizzard is going to ignore them.

I think you're confusing ideas though. This is Blizzards game, sure we pay for it but they develop it. If they have decided the best way to go is with the new talent tree you can certainly (constructively) make known your displeasure and why you think it's a bad idea but don't expect it to change. Your efforts are better put to making sure that the new talent system that they've already decided on is the best it can be.

In addition you also make it sound like this talent system is bad and everyone thinks so. There has been just as much, or more, feedback supporting the new talent system as there has been feedback against it.
A five month wait for a expanision a majority of people are not excited about. I think Blizz needs to step up, and try harder.

I'd like to see the numbers to support this claim.
02/01/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Nethaera
*I just looked. I'm all good. Dragons and rats are fine. phew. Dodged a bullet there.

I was born in Year of the Dog. This year is not good for me. :(

Little do those dragons know that I've practicing a little FUS RO DOG!!! just for this.
Is it safe to say the next patch will be the mists precursor so we see the new talents etc?
02/01/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Reactable
Is it safe to say the next patch will be the mists precursor so we see the new talents etc?

I'm going to say yes to that.. because it's already been said 4.3 was the last major content patch before MoP, and it's been said that there would be the usual pre-launch event patch (which includes the talent changes).
Neth is handling these like a boss. With that being said, I to am wondering about this. I really dont want to wait aroun for another 9-10 months of ds or same old same old. I am fighting the urge to just switch to that " other " mmo.
Given that the press tour was just announced to come March 13th-15th, that means MoP will be entering Alpha VERY VERY soon.

I'm assuming that means a TON of leaks, prob coming in the following days/weeks. I'm also assuming we're not allowed to talk about them on this board until the press tour?

So, we WILL be getting new info any day now, I'm just assuming we're not allowed to talk about it here. Or SOMETHING like that!
02/01/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Zaestrasza
1998 was the year of the tiger >;3

1991 was year of the Goat.

But I don't play a Draenei!
Is there going to be any updates coming in the next 10 months in the way of MOP articles or anything like that?

Any dev interviews or previews or videos or anything?

Or is there perhaps a big content patch on the way soon?

My sub is about to expire and I just want to know if theres any new articles coming to the site or content coming to the game - or if I should just let my sub expire until the next expansion.

Thanks for your time.

Yes. (Information wise.) We have more planned for the near future in regard to Mists of Pandaria information. We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March. We posted the following on Facebook-

A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

You can bet that there will be plenty of coverage by the media and fansites plus we'll also have our own releases we are planning to do as well that will get everyone more in the know of our plans and development of Mists of Pandaria.

*Updated to make it clear that the "Yes" is in reference to more information being on its way in regard to Mists of Pandaria.

Neth, I think whats bothering most players is the information we are getting combined with how long things remain in the various points of the game development until its released. We have already been told that Blizzcon would be cancelled due to three titles trying to come out this year as well as no new big news that could be shared at the event. We all know the game goes through a friends and family alpha with the media getting to take a look during this time as well under a NDA. None of us really know how long the alpha lasts. Then comes a beta that is 3-4 months on average. So we can speculate July or August if the beta started immediately in the following winks after the press event. There may be those that are still working on some form of Dragon Soul atm, but its not going to last till August or longer. Certianly not in light of the raid finder, and nerfs the reg/hard modes are already getting. Forgive the phrase but it makes us as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs thinking DS will be expected to last till then or longer. Not even a Quel'Danas or Ruby Sanctum this time.

No, it's Neth's way of saying that I was born in the year of the rat. Year of the dragon doesn't bode well for me since dragons eat rats, don't they? Then again, maybe we get along fine. I need to go look at the charts again to see...

*I just looked. I'm all good. Dragons and rats are fine. phew. Dodged a bullet there.

Tigers eat rats though Im pretty sure...

1998 was the year of the tiger >;3

(I think, I looked at my birth year while waiting for food at a chinese resturaunt once.)

you cant eat neth!

how will we find our way through the darkness of the forums without our candle blue?
If there as far ahead as they say, they may not even have an Alpha, they may have done all the Alpha testing internally and then just skip right to Beta. I highly doubt after the travesty and ourage from the community regarding ICC, their going to do it all over again. I see MoP coming out late Summer, early Fall. Dragon Soul isnt long enough to warrant a full year, it wasnt gated and if theres no Ruby sanctium planned, then unless they want more subs to bounce, they'll bring MoP out before winter.
Wish we had a release date :( for MoP
you cant eat neth!

how will we find our way through the darkness of the forums without our candle blue?
Yes, we can.

Meh, with my blue glowing eyes its not a problem for me.
02/01/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Nethaera
We don't mind negative or viewpoints that aren't shiny and happy as long as they are done in a way that is constructive

time to make a confession: i received a blue reply to an angry, sarcastic post i made back in november.

before you rush to judge me, read: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3566297031

tldr, being told "l2p" by a developer of all people made a lot of us angry. especially when the same dev then pretty much contradicted themselves in what they said right after.

it wasn't just that, but seeing players 10 times better than me create long, eloquent, well argued posts that didn't even get a single response.
some of them even posted in my thread because of how frustrated they were with no attention ebing paid to them.

neth, tell us this much: will the development into mop really be different? with no blizzcon this year, and your "don't want to change much during an expansion" philosophy, will you really give specs that need full overhauls, just that?
will they really listen to the player base when it warns you about stuff in the alpha/beta, rather than wait to use quick hotfixes and stealth nerfs?

i guess i just want to know if any of us posting is going to be worth anything.
also, it's not enough to know we're being read. we need to see what YOU think of our ideas. even a single one-line "i just read this and it looks cool!" would help.
If there as far ahead as they say, they may not even have an Alpha, they may have done all the Alpha testing internally and then just skip right to Beta. I highly doubt after the travesty and ourage from the community regarding ICC, their going to do it all over again. I see MoP coming out late Summer, early Fall. Dragon Soul isnt long enough to warrant a full year, it wasnt gated and if theres no Ruby sanctium planned, then unless they want more subs to bounce, they'll bring MoP out before winter.

You know, I kinda agree with this actually. There is ZERO chance we will be stuck on the same patch until October. It's just not gunna happen again, given last time. I actually wanna say MoP will come out in July.
02/01/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, it's Neth's way of saying that I was born in the year of the rat.

:O I was born in the year of the rat too!

Anyway, looking forward to the media event coming up and even more so, the beta :D.
02/01/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Jawaka
So is Mists expected to drop this summer, fall or winter? Anyone know?

Did you read anything in this thread? Even the Blue posts?

Just the Blue Post. I figured they aren't going to give us a narrow time frame as to the release date but perhaps someone knew which season it will probably be released in. My guess was November 2012 but that seems like an aweful long time to raid DS, even for a slow progression guild like mine.
02/01/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Vessabence
No, it's Neth's way of saying that I was born in the year of the rat.

:O I was born in the year of the rat too!

Anyway, looking forward to the media event coming up and even more so, the beta :D.

I'm year of the rooster. AKA....year of the *you know what*. Needless to say, I'm very happy my first name isn't Richard or else the jokes and ribbing would have been worse than they are.

=)~