i was banned for use in addon

Customer Support
bizz ban me for 72 hrs on Xshadowheals-zulu for use addon like deadly boss mods ... playerscore gatherer auctioneer healbot so on.....i call bizz thay say use is add on is wrong whan we all no game master and ppl work for wow use addon to whan thay play thay game but than again i get banend for use in curse addons ...... if bizz didnot want ppl use in addon y donot thay sue curse client and put a stop to this ..
You were not suspended for using an add-on. No add-on can perform a function that Blizzard does not permit it to.

If you did indeed receive a suspension for using an unauthorized program, then it was something other than an add-on. In your correspondence from Blizzard, they most likely used language like "unauthorized cheat or hack program." That would refer to some sort of botting program or something similar.
a how is gatherer wrong to use for a addon it form curse client game master use in alot of player use it but i use it and thay ban me for it
That makes no sense at all. If Addons were against the Rules, then why is there an Addons Folder within the Interface Folder? I think what you mean is that you were suspended for 72 hours for something entirely different.

Regardless, it's against the CoC to discuss disciplinary actions within the Forums.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions
This category includes:
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Each department has it’s own channels that you can use to express comments or concerns:
Forums: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
GMs: Submit a Support Ticket
02/02/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Momoslave
a how is gatherer wrong to use for a addon it form curse client game master use in alot of player use it but i use it and thay ban me for it

I guarantee, you are confused about why you received a ban. It was not from an addon you got from Curse. Look over the email the Blizzard sent you more carefully.
02/02/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Momoslave

No. You were not banned for using gatherer. Please listen to what we are saying.
02/02/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Kiraelphii
Regardless, it's against the CoC to discuss disciplinary actions within the Forums.

What you're quoting is in regards to disciplinary actions against forum posting privileges. The Blues here have stated that if a player is willing to put it out there and risk being embarrassed over an account suspension/ban, they are welcome to as long as they remain civil and heed advice given.

In this thread the OP is not making a direct appeal, he is making a case for what he believes is an unfair practice for suspending an account. He is way off the mark, but this is the proper place to voice that concern.
the only thing i use for pickn hrebs was gatherer i didnot use any thing else and thay still ban me for farm whan i was not use in a bot
That makes no sense at all. If Addons were against the Rules, then why is there an Addons Folder within the Interface Folder? I think what you mean is that you were suspended for 72 hours for something entirely different.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions
This category includes:
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Each department has it’s own channels that you can use to express comments or concerns:
Forums: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
GMs: Submit a Support Ticket

though CoC states this, i seem to keep reading that blizz gives some leeway for discussing reasons you cant play in the CS forums.

in fact i have seen the panda look into peoples accounts to see what happened on this forum.

i need to know once and for all if a person can or cannot post what happened to them in the CS forums since there seems to be contradiction here.

i have also seen vrakthris look into peoples accounts to clarify what happened.

blizz needs to tell us what the rule is.
than again read this form my email and the only addon i use was gatherer form curse

Offense: Unapproved Third Party Software

A third party program is any file or program that is not a part of the World of
Warcraft software, but is used to gain an advantage in the game, such as
increasing your movement speed or teleporting from one place to another beyond
what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain
information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player
or that transmit or modify any of the game files. Normally, this classification
does not include UI modifications, except those UIs that require an external
application to function. Any external applications that are used in conjunction
with World of Warcraft can cause quite a few unwanted side effects. Some of the
major possible results of the use of third party programs can be instability of
the game to the point that a player "crashes" from the game quite often.
External programs can also be used to transmit viruses, spyware, and other
unwanted programs into a player's computer. Third party programs can also be
used to obtain information from the player's computer, such as account,
password, and personal information.
I need to know once and for all if a person can or cannot post what happened to them in the CS forums since there seems to be contradiction here.

At one time I was under this same impression. But Orlyia let me know in a previous thread about a year ago that its ok for players to voice these concerns here.
if the rule is no posting about being banned or suspended. then i suggest the thread be locked and removed very quickly.

instead of blizzard employees answering the persons questions, also players should report the thread to have it removed.
than again read this form my email and the only addon i use was gatherer form curse

Offense: Unapproved Third Party Software

A third party program is any file or program that is not a part of the World of
Warcraft software, but is used to gain an advantage in the game, such as
increasing your movement speed or teleporting from one place to another beyond
what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain
information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player
or that transmit or modify any of the game files. Normally, this classification
does not include UI modifications, except those UIs that require an external
application to function. Any external applications that are used in conjunction
with World of Warcraft can cause quite a few unwanted side effects. Some of the
major possible results of the use of third party programs can be instability of
the game to the point that a player "crashes" from the game quite often.
External programs can also be used to transmit viruses, spyware, and other
unwanted programs into a player's computer. Third party programs can also be
used to obtain information from the player's computer, such as account,
password, and personal information.

A third party program is one that runs at the same time that World of Warcraft does, but is not running on the LUA extensions that allow an add-on like gatherer to function. In other words, a third party program is not an add-on.

If you feel you were banned in error, you will need to utilize the Support Site.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/status

Select "Ask a Question > I can't play because > I received a suspension or ban."
if the rule is no posting about being banned or suspended. then i suggest the thread be locked and removed very quickly.

instead of blizzard employees answering the persons questions, also players should report the thread to have it removed.

The rule is in regards to FORUM bans or suspensions.
than y am i still ban whan only addon i use whan i farm was gatherer???????
02/02/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Momoslave

No one here could tell you, and it will be a little while before a Blizzard representative reports to work. So I would suggest utilizing the support site I linked.

And again, to be clear, since you don't seem to want to acknowledge this- you did not get suspended for an add-on. You did not get suspended for using gatherer.

Errors do happen, this is what the appeals process if for (by way of the link I posted for you). But You did not get suspended for using an add-on.
02/02/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Momoslave

It wasn't for an add-on, plain and simple. Those are allowed, and if Blizzard doesn't like what an add-on can do, they break it. Something on your system is doing something it's not supposed to do.

In any event, no one here at this time would even be able to look into it further for you, and even if an SFA was here, they wouldn't be able to give you extreme details. At most, they give a slight overview.

If you want to appeal the account suspension, then I suggest you follow Wichasha's advice in post 13.
Does anyone else play WoW on your computer?
no
Well there goes that idea. You'll have to appeal the way Wichasa said in post #13.