Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 42 Next
Sounds like you all just don't want to do the work to find out who exploited this for Arena Ratings and new Heroic kills to me. What a cop out.
02/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

Do you have any plans to take any action against players/guilds that took advantage of this bug and made some major current raid progression and obtain items?
That's probably the best stance.

To some of the previous posters. Relax. It probably takes a bit of time to investigate cases where people were using this bug to extremes. And no, doing random BGs and killing noobs isn't an extreme.
02/02/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Louisdk
Sounds like you all just don't want to do the work to find out who exploited this for Arena Ratings and new Heroic kills to me. What a cop out.

Several people who did this in Arena have already got 3-day bans, at least from what I'm hearing.
Thanks for the announcement, So glad there no roll back I would have been sad.
There right I don't think it was abused that much in PvP at least, because pallys were prolly queuing into other pallys an not getting any higher in rating. Thanks Bliz for not
making everyone suffer from a rollback.
02/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
But we don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time.

PvP isn't balanced around 1v1 though, so as long as both groups have paladins able to do such damage it balances out, right?

Do you have any plans to take any action against players/guilds that took advantage of this bug and made some major current raid progression and obtain items?

From the post and their comments towards the end, it's obvious they are going to be taking specific actions towards those who were excessively abusing it to gain things they shouldn't have. Whether they will remove what they gained or just ban them for a short period remains to be seen.

Just need to let them make their decisions and hope it's a good one =P
Hahaha I knew it!!!
I think this was the best course of action. Thanks for not punishing players in wide swathes for playing your game.
Thank you for taking the time to relay this information to us, Zarhym.
Problem is the "bug" was caused by a normal part of Ret's buff/rotation. If it was a bug caused by a Ret using say Seal of Light I would agree with you.

I think we just found someone here.
One less exploiter for blizzard to search and ban.

From the post and their comments towards the end, it's obvious they are going to be taking specific actions towards those who were excessively abusing it to gain things they shouldn't have. Whether they will remove what they gained or just ban them for a short period remains to be seen.

Just need to let them make their decisions and hope it's a good one =P

Exactly. It'll likely be case by case and whatever they do will not be made public as they do not disclose action taken on people's accounts. So people should not expect a witch-hunt. Appropriate action will be taken based on the circumstances.
I dont see why people are upset by the glitch.. I mean so what if a few people got to do heroic DS i easy mode.. they are friggin nerfing it anyways.. so all you "hard working" people knew you were gonna see less hard working people get the same achieves.. it was just a little too easy for a while lol.. (also i am and always have been a firm believer that raid nerfs are uncalled for, if it aint broke dont fix it)
For those who are saying "What about those players that did...", if you have evidence? Submit it to them.

It was a patch night, lots of people were on all the servers, and there is no way Blizz has the man power to go over each log for each loladin out there during this time. Or to tell the differance between some one Abusing the glitch, playing normally but benefiting, or knowing about the glitch and playing with it (i.e. just seeing how extreme the glitch was without the intention of gaining undeserved rewards).

If you know of someone who was purposefully abusing the glitch (like stacking retadins) once the glitch was obviously known of? Submit that evidence in a report, but you cant expect blizzard to be psychic about players intentions any more than you can be psychic about blizzards intentions.

Otherwise, lolfail blizzard, now we know what it feels like to be level 90's. ;)
That's a very reasonable response, and it assumes innocence on the part of the players.

Hopefully it'll shut down a lot of the silliness flying around.

If people do have evidence of abuse, they should present it to Blizzard. We know there was some abuse, but I suspect it wasn't as widespread as some posters on these forums would have you believe.
So in other words it was of best interest of those who would have gained an advantage in achieving a progression kill that they would have otherwise not have been able to get and if you was one of those who instead played it on the sife side you just get to pat your self on the back for being such an honest player and missing an opportunity.
I hope you have looked over guild-first kills in particular - can you do a database query?

I don't feel it is right if some guilds got their first kills and advanced up the ladder by leverage this bug, even if it was not an intentional exploit. I'm looking at guild-first kills on my server from the last two nights and so far, things look ok.
It was the funnest 5 hours ive ever had in the game to say the least :D