Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

General Discussion
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 Next
I would like to point out the cause of this was blizzard acting on the complaints about vengeance being procked by pets and other things.

Bingo! That's exactly what I was thinking. I bet you the same people whining about all those cheating ret pallies are the same ones who were wining about prot pallies getting vengence in arena to begin with, and who whined when they "fixed" (read ruined) prot pallies and didn't take in to account pet damage and such.

Really, bliz needs to stop over-reacting to all these blubbering idiots who get owned in an arena battle or two by some other class. Vengence should never have been nerfed to begin with, or at least the extra attack power should only have been reduced somewhat at most. By doing so, they've once again relegated prot pally to irrelevance, when for the first time they had it about right with them before the nerf. At the very least, I hope they leave it as is, so that if some moron hunter sends his pet after a prot he might have to deal with a prot with some vengence. They really ought to re-instate it as it was or at least doing about 3/4 of the added attack power that it was (I agree that some tank classes were doing too much damage by a little bit...i.e. blood dk) but it certainly wasn't making prot pally OP. It was just barely making them viable in pvp.

As for the ret pallies, well they fixed it. Case closed. I'll wager about half the people who were doing it didn't even know exactly how to trigger it, they were just button mashing and it would fire off now and then. Hard to separate them from the legitimate exploiters.
[quote="39879549423"]
Recount is an addon, not a built-in feature of the game, so there is no way to prove that these players knew that their DPS was off. Any player who typically did arenas or raided Dragon Soul could have conceivably been participating in their usual activities without realizing something was off.

You are either ignorant or blatantly insulting our intelligence with this garbage. Nobody should be banned, but saying that people wouldn't know what was happening at the endgame PvE or PvP level is ridiculous.
[quote]

Recount is an addon, not a built-in feature of the game, so there is no way to prove that these players knew that their DPS was off. Any player who typically did arenas or raided Dragon Soul could have conceivably been participating in their usual activities without realizing something was off.

You are either ignorant or blatantly insulting our intelligence with this garbage. Nobody should be banned, but saying that people wouldn't know what was happening at the endgame PvE or PvP level is ridiculous.

Not even that. The lag was quite bad during raids, the your pc would slow down to about 7 fps or slower, some even had their game pause for a second, I had mine crash twice.
I was in a dungeon that night with a Ret pally, he was one shotting groups of elite mobs.

Something like this is no big deal, I don't think anybody should be punished for messing around with it at low levels. Even for using it to level faster, it's not like its effecting anyone else. As for people abusing it in random bgs and 85 dungeons, they should be punished but just a slap on the wrist. They were just farming honor and jp faster.

I do think that the people that used it to get raid boss kills and free arena/rbg rating should be punished harshly, literally every single message on trade chat that night was people looking for Ret pallys for arena, rbgs or raids. I don't thinks it's fair that ret pallys get a day to faceroll literally everything in the game.

There was very obvious blatant abuse of this bug, I'll be very disappointed with blizz if they do absolutely nothing about it.

As for all of the people saying "BUT IT WAS PART OF RET'S REGULAR ROTATION", that is no excuse at all. Just because you pay $15 a month for this game doesn't give you the right to faceroll everything and everyone with the most broken exploit that has ever been in this game. As far as I know it wasn't even part of their rotation, it involved switching seals.
This dead horse is dead.
Hey gratz on the heroic kills last night Dasphunk I bet it has nothing to do with the "buff" :)

Of course not bro, that was all training and hard work by myself and our other full time ret, plus our full time holy/ret paladin.

We worked hard to get our rotations that amazing.

http://raidmostwanted.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7981649&gid=31979
Das,

Remove the link, I doubt that wtfgwar wants his comment plastered over the forums.

EDIT oh, and grats on the two new hard mode kills. I don't know whether the bug helped much or if you would have gotten them anyway, but given the fact you were already working on them there is absolutely no reason they should be taken away.
I think Blizz should install random God Mode buffs for random classes at random times, like once a year. If you're online at that special time, then you are lucky. Okay Blizz devs, make it so.
02/03/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Zamm

Of course not bro, that was all training and hard work by myself and our other full time ret, plus our full time holy/ret paladin.

We worked hard to get our rotations that amazing.

Das,

Remove the link, I doubt that wtfgwar wants his comment plastered over the forums.

EDIT oh, and grats on the two new hard mode kills. I don't know whether the bug helped much or if you would have gotten them anyway, but given the fact you were already working on them there is absolutely no reason they should be taken away.

We really don't care and we promote this kind of stuff.

Das

We really don't care and we promote this kind of stuff.

Das

Fair enough. Just didn't want you getting the guy in trouble.

Yeah, it's like how I kept paying $15 a month even when rogues starting jumping me with Vial and welfare daggers.

Or when warriors were globalling people in the beginning of Cata.

Or when 2H windfury enhancement shaman were a real thing.

Or when fire mages were ripping people apart with massive Combusts (oh wait).

I'd just like to say on behalf of the objective, neutral parties in this discussion that I find you to be a complete arrogant, unlikeable tool. You arguments are as robust as a 5 year old with chocolate-stained lips refuting that the crumbs around his feet are indeed cookie.

If you are innocent, shut yer yep, ffs. If not, shut yer yap, ffs.

People always get mad when they realize someone else is right. Don't be mad at me! I'm just a cute and cuddly crustacean crusader!

The point I was making was this: there have been INNUMERABLE instances where classes/specs have been undeniably broken in PVP. In most cases they were broken for A LOT longer than 4 hours. Nobody quit playing over it. Nobody is going to quit playing over the seal bug. The people crying for reparations over this are insane.
The logs prove their guilt.If you see one guy in a level 85 Raid soloing it than there's no room for doubt, he's abusing. Please, use your head next time. As I said,. if Blizzard followed your flawed logic than no one would ever get banned for breaking the rules and ruining the experience of the many for their own gain.

Ditto... try reading comprehension. I never mentioned soloing DS.. I said "OLD" raids
This was the best bug ever, I took full advantage of it and enjoyed ever minute of it and have a screen shot of doing 350K dps on deathwing as my computer background. And I wasn't even geared! Went on you tube and some ppl did 15million dps! that's impressive.
02/03/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Farfalfump
Bingo! That's exactly what I was thinking. I bet you the same people whining about all those cheating ret pallies are the same ones who were wining about prot pallies getting vengence in arena to begin with, and who whined when they "fixed" (read ruined) prot pallies and didn't take in to account pet damage and such.

Um. if I remember correctly, vengence is a blood deathknight ability that converts damage done to them into attack power so they can tank and do a little dps too. Obviously they intertwined some of the code used for vengence with the proc system used by pally seals and some druid procs from what I hear.

PVPers were whining that vengence made blood dk's too powerful in BGs, so again Blizz tired to nerf PVE for the sake of PVP and it blew up in their faces by making ret pally's (and apparently some druids) do too much dps (they are the victims of the shrapnel from the PVP bomb). Now, it would seem, many of those self same PVP'ers who indirectly brought this on themselves, are wanting to hang ret pally's (and maybe boomkins?) for being way OP for 4 hours.

You'd have to pay me to PVP so I don't know about them but many of them have said the damage is self-healing and that teams will go back to where they should be. I've not seen one PVEer present any evidence that any raid team took advantage of this to get their guild a realm first heroic Deathwing kill or anything that matters (okay, maybe a regular raid team downed an extra boss or two in that 4 hours, but they will be right back to wiping on it when they try to farm it next week so that is sort of self-healing too)
This may havee already been postted but, what about the 2 ret pallys who exploited this and went 61 and 0 on bloodlust? I mean this seems a little rediculous dosent it, you go into an arena and quite litterally get 1 shot by 2 ret pallys and have no way to stop it and just get !@#$ed over by them.

this diddent happen to me personally but never the less its a little rediculous i mean they got rank 1 in 2s in 1 night.

Rank 1 in 2v2 means absolutely nothing. I'm not condoning what they did but of all the things they could have done, 2v2 doesn't amount to much.
Just guessing, but theres probably quite a few 2v2 teams that care about their record & rating, no matter what it means to you, and they took a hit that night cause of it.

Their fault for continuing to queue.
If this were to happen again, I believe people who would normally do the right thing and not abuse it most likely won't any more.

Just disappointed.
"meaning you may sometimes see Vengeance in PvP. But we don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time."

Are you serious?

Clearly you do not share the same views as 80% of PvPers, nor do you clearly PvP. For a class (that being a Blood DK), to SOAK a ton of damage, HEAL through a ton of damage and DEAL a ton of damage, most of the time at the top of the charts for damage done, YES this does present as a major class imbalance. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Come on- GET IT RIGHT