Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

General Discussion
Prev 1 40 41 42
02/05/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Modaea
Team effort with over 200k dps with one person.. lol ok. And I agree with achieve rollbacks. I could care less about the ban. Just doesn't seem fair that some guilds have been at it for a long time doing it legit and one day a scrub guild can down heroics bosses easy mode with an exploit.

Unless those rets were tanking everything with a permanent Divine Shield and they all had instant healing output equal to their damage output, then yes it was a team effort.
02/05/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Mintymentos
Woah this means people will not be getting permabans for using blizzard's own mistakes. How very kind of you blizzard. Good to know my fifteen dollars a month plus 100s of dollars worth of expansion games are going into the right pockets. I hope that breathing isn't a bug you guys created!

If very short-lived bugs offend you that much, why are you still paying for this game?

Bugs are going to happen. They are guaranteed to happen because the people who made this game are human and prone to mistakes. Even the best make mistakes. Unless you have never ever made a mistake in your life, you should understand that no amount of subscription dollars is going to prevent random slip ups and bugs from happening. To err is human.
02/05/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Retsteel
Regarding rollbacks, I dinged 85 that night, and had spent 23 1/2 hours straight up to that point to get there...I would be REALLY upset if they rolled me back to 82 (where I was at at the start of the 23 1/2 hours) just because some idiots exploited the bug. Not to mention I finished out blacksmithing that night as well.

Blizzard isn't going to roll you back because you leveled on the same night the bug happened lol. I'm pretty sure they don't care about that.
Why would they be world wide? That would unfairly punish the VAST majority of paladin players, not to mention stir up waaay more trouble than it's worth. For something like this they have to approach each situation individually.
02/05/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Modaea
Then everyone present in the raid should be punished as well, not just the ret players. Unless a ret solo'd all of heroic DS, those realm firsts were a team effort. Roll back the achievements? Sure. Ban them? Absolutely not.

Team effort with over 200k dps with one person.. lol ok. And I agree with achieve rollbacks. I could care less about the ban. Just doesn't seem fair that some guilds have been at it for a long time doing it legit and one day a scrub guild can down heroics bosses easy mode with an exploit.

There is no need for any bans or removal of achievements or gear. As far as anyone has worked out there were no server first madness HM kills. Any group that got any extra bosses for the first time with a bugged ret are going to be punished simply by raiding the next lock out. They will have the frustration of wiping on a boss they know they used a bug to kill. That frustration is more than enough punishment.

As for competitive PvP, they should take away the achievements of any teams formed during the bug with a ret. But any existing teams should be left alone. And there is no way to return lost ratings to teams who got run over by rets. PvP is not balanced anyway, many specs have spent most of the last 5 years topping the rankings simply because they play a FotM toon. Another spec becoming FotM for 5 hours makes no difference in the big scheme of things.