Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 42 Next

So, I'll amend my statement.

If a bug accidentally makes it into production servers that increases a class' dps and they are aware of their higher than normal dps, they should not play the game until it's fixed?

The only condition that needs to be met for this to become an exploit is "I went and raided like I always do" or "I went and did arena like I always do."

I agree that some people went overboard and tried making all ret teams and so forth, however, if you're a ret paladin, the general feeling in this thread would have been to not play, because the sheer act of "playing your character" resulted in "exploitation of a bug."

I feel sorry for anyone who got banned who was simply logging in and playing as they always do.

K so 10 people are robbing a store, you see them, and it's justifiable just because those other people are doing it

What?
Are pets still going to rack up vengeance then?
Would've been nice you were aware of the pet vengeance thing/were going to fix it.

Just sayin'. >.>

The fact that you're actually fixing something is really good though. <3
02/02/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Selenora
Are pets still going to rack up vengeance then?

Yes and no plan to change how it is right now.

Stop whining says the pally!

ROLLBACK BLIZZ NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't even that big a deal. They won't roll back servers no matter how much you threaten to leave.

Also to those pointing out the above armory, keep in mind that pointing out specific people is against the Forum rules. Contact blizzard through the usual channels (read: in game tickets or other ways they say to) if you wish you file a complaint about certain individuals.
*removed for call out*
R1 double ret, team started last night.

Obvious exploiters are obvious.

If nothing else, delete these teams.
Wtbrollback.

Open a petition on the website and report it so it can be investigated.

If a bug accidentally makes it into production servers that increases a class' dps and they are aware of their higher than normal dps, they should not play the game until it's fixed?

You act as if they have no other options? They can't play another spec or character until the bug is fixed?

Really?
Hopefully they havent deleted them yet but world of logs is very telling for who exploited and who didnt, i hope that matches up with Blizzards information.

Secondly it was funny watching trade last night with people only wanting Ret pallies for H runs....

You act as if they have no other options? They can't play another spec or character until the bug is fixed?

Really?

Do you really think they all have other specs and toons? All of them?

Really?

Really?

People shouldn't have to adjust their character due to a bug that was through no fault of their own.

The people that obviously exploited to get heroic kills, arena ladder boosts, etc. are the problem. Not the people who logged in and continued to play their own characters.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/tichondrius/2v2/Smoke%20N%20Pancake/

ban inc

ouch, yeh, watch that space, if no ban then blizz is full of it.

Really?

Do you really think they all have other specs and toons? All of them?

Really?

Just about all of them yes.
Thank you Zarhym, I believe you've made the right judgement.
ppl need to stop qqing over something that happen for a few hours, yes it was unfair but its not the players fault. you are not going to stop playing a toon bc their is a bug in the game. yes some players did take it to the extream by doing HM DS but just doing some random bgs and arenas is nothing major. so stop qqing bc ret pallys could actually do dmg its done. FORGET ABOUT IT

People shouldn't have to adjust their character due to a bug that was through no fault of their own.

The people that obviously exploited to get heroic kills, arena ladder boosts, etc. are the problem. Not the people who logged in and continued to play their own characters.

I'm so glad there are people pointing this out. People who either just had fun with it without hurting people, or who have no other option to play on another character shouldn't be punished for it and Blizzard agrees.

Not everyone has multiple characters, nor should they be forced to stop playing simply because of a bug that was hotfixed in on accident.

Really?

Thank you, and my point was basically that if they're banning everyone who did 300k dps in a raid last night, they have to be aware that they're going to ban a few guys that just logged in as usual, don't have recount, killed a boss and thought "huh, that seemed easy, that nerf they put in must have been big!...hey, wait, why am I banned?"
I can see why there's no rollbacks. My wife and I were having a discussion about this last night, actually.

Let's say you're a 10 man raid group. Raid time comes around and you discover your ret paladin is bugged and a metric busload* of DPS. What are your options really?

*Cancel raid while Blizzard fixes the bug. So... because you had the misfortune of having a ret paladin in your raid, you're supposed to be penalized?
*Play musical raid roles with your ret paladin swapping to holy or prot or grabbing an alt: This forces subpar performance on the raid -- not to mention that if they alt they can't get ret gear.
*Tell the ret to not Judge. Again, subpar performance as it's a key part of the rotation -- plus a lot of paladins didn't know what exactly was triggering it.
*Pretend 'everything is fine'. This is really the only realistic option, possibly calling the raid when you reach the point of progression you've previously been at.
*Take advantage of the bug and get new heroic boss kills, server firsts, achievements, etc. Essentially, content that would be out of the group's league if the bug didn't exist. These are the people who should possible be rolled back.

Disclaimer: I wasn't even playing WoW while the bug was active (yay Diablo 3 beta invites!) and thus wasn't directly affected by it, so this is not a blanket "I defend the ret paladins, we did nothing wrong!" statement.
*removed for call out*
R1 double ret, team started last night.

Obvious exploiters are obvious.

If nothing else, delete these teams.
Wtbrollback.

Open a petition on the website and report it so it can be investigated.

Basically Alona thinks that the most fair solution is for the playerbase to investigate and uphold the integrity of Blizzard's game. Guys, do not let Blizzard off-the-hook with this. This was a game-breaking bug, and should be handled much more aggressively then what has been indicated to us.