Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 42 Next
I feel anyone or any guilds who exploited this bug on PURPOSE(aka heroic firelands kills, heroic DS, DS in general...or raids in general) should have a temporary ban, guild achievement removed, completion achieve removed, and title's removed. They didn't earn them the right way, so in turn don't deserve them.

Please do this Blizz to make things fair again.

To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

I guess you didn't see the mass amount of "LOLWENEEDMOARRETSFORHDSEASYKILL!" in trade chat on every possible server. Because there were certainly tons of people taking advantage of it. Don't get me started on arena...
02/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Isimode
So after all of the crying last night and this morning about how players should be suspended, rollbacks, etc. Blizzard did just what the more intelligent people here said they would do! Fixed the problem, and life goes on. (shakes head) I still can't believe all of the whining that went on over this issue. Before someone says, "It was a discussion!", look back at the pages of complaints. The majority of them were from crybabies. Now get over it and move on.

This coming from a pally lol!!!

ROLLBACKS NOW BLIZZ OR LOSE TWO SUBS!!!! Or since we are on the topic of being fair break each class the rest of the week for the same amount of time pallys could be OP and I guess that will make it better (sarcasm) I want to go 8/8H with my rogue then Ill have the achievement and mount!!!

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will do exactly what you are still crying about. God forbid you cancel your account. They might go under! LOL!
The first BG I went in I knew something was up, typical AV zerg but an alli pally broke off from their zerg and charged headlong into ours and took out 10 of us in the blink of an eye. Then at the end same pally charged in and wiped us on the boss. I went to bed couldn't be bothered just being free HK meat for the rest of the night.

The People who whine about this need to just read the blue post and move on. They ran their normal routine and got a 5 hour buff. As I've heard it was a blast for some Ret's and why not. Seriously, if you are still complaining your just jelly you didnt have a Ret Pally toon last night. Get over it baddies.
ppl need to stop qqing over something that happen for a few hours, yes it was unfair but its not the players fault. you are not going to stop playing a toon bc their is a bug in the game. yes some players did take it to the extream by doing HM DS but just doing some random bgs and arenas is nothing major. so stop qqing bc ret pallys could actually do dmg its done. FORGET ABOUT IT
and by areans im means 2s if they got 2200 in 3s then thats unfiar but to be honest you should have not be doing something that matter when you know the game is messed up

Open a petition on the website and report it so it can be investigated.

Basically Alona thinks that the most fair solution is for the playerbase to investigate and uphold the integrity of Blizzard's game. Guys, do not let Blizzard off-the-hook with this. This was a game-breaking bug, and should be handled much more aggressively then what has been indicated to us.

Yes, it was a travesty. The game is ruined. RUINED!

In a couple of months you won't even be able to name the bosses in the current tier or remember what your arena rating was anyway.

It's certainly not worth the trouble of a roll back or even banning more than a few dozen of the worst advantage-takers.

This coming from a pally lol!!!

ROLLBACKS NOW BLIZZ OR LOSE TWO SUBS!!!! Or since we are on the topic of being fair break each class the rest of the week for the same amount of time pallys could be OP and I guess that will make it better (sarcasm) I want to go 8/8H with my rogue then Ill have the achievement and mount!!!

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will do exactly what you are still crying about. God forbid you cancel your account. They might go under! LOL!

You let this guy get away with talking like this along with trying to talk down on others after he clearly abused the bug? Why else would he be so defensive? Smooth Blizz.

Basically Alona thinks that the most fair solution is for the playerbase to investigate and uphold the integrity of Blizzard's game. Guys, do not let Blizzard off-the-hook with this. This was a game-breaking bug, and should be handled much more aggressively then what has been indicated to us.

You're assuming they aren't investigating these things themselves. You point out Alona trying to help players so they aren't banned from the forums as "Letting Blizzard of the hook" which is wrong. As was said earlier, just because they aren't openly saying "These people were banned" doesn't mean they aren't banning them.

Back a couple expansions ago they removed the titles/ratings from teams that exploiting arena for their own personal gain, but made no mention of who or when they would ban.

You act as if they have no other options? They can't play another spec or character until the bug is fixed?

Really?

People shouldn't have to adjust their character due to a bug that was through no fault of their own.

The people that obviously exploited to get heroic kills, arena ladder boosts, etc. are the problem. Not the people who logged in and continued to play their own characters.

So if a bug makes it through where a jewelcrafter all the sudden starts getting 100 rare gems per prospect attempt they are within their right to keep prospecting then right? Because they shouldn't have to adjust their tradeskill usage due to a bug right?
The bug where paladin Seals could sometimes cause excessive damage has been fixed. This bug came as a result of a hotfix we put in to fix an issue where some attacks, such as Scatter Shot, were still causing Vengeance in PvP situations. While these things may seem totally unrelated, it has to do with our proc system, which is an extremely complicated mechanic under the hood. We reverted that hotfix, meaning you may sometimes see Vengeance in PvP. But we don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time.

To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

Wow, what DID I miss yesterday.

You know what's funny to me? Ret blowing out the charts on several bosses (usually just the top 5 or so slots) is bad, but there are several fights that the top DPS is JUST Fire Mages (or Rogues in the case of Warlord Zon'ozz), but that's cool with people. :)

Given, those aren't bugs...they're just classes being overtuned for those fights and getting away with it. ^_^

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/dps/

Click through the different ones. In most cases, there were about 5-7 Rets per bracket (10/25/10H/25H), so it's likely they were just groups playing the first night of the patch and not people stacking Rets. Other classes still beat them in several categories and on several bosses.

LFR seems to have been dominated by Rets, but it WAS the night after the roll over...and it was LFR. <_<

All in all, WoL isn't really supporting the, "Everyone stacked Rets to get world/realm firsts", hypothesis.

Wasn't looking at Arena, though (and there are cases where people could have run without logs, of course.
02/02/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Naros
Are pets still going to rack up vengeance then?

Yes and no plan to change how it is right now.

This is disappointing.

People shouldn't have to adjust their character due to a bug that was through no fault of their own.

The people that obviously exploited to get heroic kills, arena ladder boosts, etc. are the problem. Not the people who logged in and continued to play their own characters.

So if a bug makes it through where a jewelcrafter all the sudden starts getting 100 rare gems per prospect attempt they are within their right to keep prospecting then right? Because they shouldn't have to adjust their tradeskill usage due to a bug right?

That's a terrible example, as that would be wonderful considering the outrageous prices of rare gems at the moment.
Was I the only Hunter who read the expanation as "Hunters are still screwed in PVP, but since no one in their right mind plays them in PVP anyway it won't cause a balance issue"?

(just a joke)
Pretty lame for a guild that raids Thursday/Sunday/Monday to have been passed up by so many other guilds exploiting this.
02/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
While these things may seem totally unrelated, it has to do with our proc system, which is an extremely complicated mechanic under the hood.

Perhaps your software development practice shouldn't include throwing up hotfixes for bugs you "don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time" and involve code that is "extremely complicated...under the hood".

It's like you're in a race with Bioware to see who can be the sloppiest game developer.
02/02/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Urajai
While these things may seem totally unrelated, it has to do with our proc system, which is an extremely complicated mechanic under the hood.

Perhaps your software development practice shouldn't include throwing up hotfixes for bugs you "don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time" and involve code that is "extremely complicated...under the hood".

It's like you're in a race with Bioware to see who can be the sloppiest game developer.

Imo it's not a race anymore, blizzard stacked rets last night.

Using a tradeskill and playing your own character's class and spec are two completely different things. One being optional, the other being the base reason some folks log into the game.