Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

Proudmoore
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
I'll assume this is the best place to post. Instead of typing , I'll just paste what I posted in my previous topic.

As you can tell, I'm from Nesingwary. I'd like to be happy with where I'm at, but the PuGs are bad (almost dead), and the guilds that raid aren't recruiting. So, I decided to move on. That's when I cam here, to ask what everyone else had to say about the realms they play on. A few people told me to try Proudmore, they said there's always PuGs forming, and they are successful. Plus, guilds actually recruiting more raiders.

With that being said, I'd like to know which guilds are recruiting, whether it's for MoP, DS or both. To prevent more walls of text, please look at my Armory profile, for anything info regarding my raiding experience; however, I will warn you that it won't be top-notch, because Nesingwary is a "dead realm". If any one has any interest, or has any questions, I implore you to add me to your Real ID list, as that will be the best way to communicate with me (mrs81689@yahoo.com). From there, I can go into more detail about myself, what I like to get out of raiding, etc.

Thank you for your time,
Eluial

EDIT: Alliance or Horde; it doesn't matter to me. I will change factions if I have to.

Hi there!

It would be your best option to just move here and then look up guilds that are recruiting on /2 or have personal chats with their officers. You can also make a lvl 1 human and hop over to Stormwind to do so.

Most guilds here don't recruit off the forums, so if you're looking at top guilds to join, you have to find them as usually they won't be replying on here.

If it is gear you seek, we have 3 GDKP full clear including 1-2 heroic kills runs happening every week. Due to end of expac, gear is going pretty cheap, so that may be a good place to gear up right quick. Thursday 7am server run is appx 30 hours from the time of this post and sunday there are two runs - 7am and 6pm.

You are welcome to contact me for more info, either in game or here. <3 GL!
i transferred here last week and could not be happier, it is a whole new game.

my original server was completely dead and felt deserted, the only thing that happened in trade chat was trolling by two large guilds that constantly were negative and rude to anyone else that tried to say/do anything in trade chat.

Sounds like Skywall, or any server that has 1 or 2 guilds that finally downed Ultraxion after the nerf. Feelsgoodman.
Hi There :)

I am a returning wow player. Been playing off and on since Vanilla, and decided to come back on the Annual pass. (Free Diablo 3 and beta access is not too shabby either!) I heard this realm is awesome but I really don't want to spend the money to transfer my lvl 85 as she has not done much come level cap. So I am starting over again with a wee NE hunter with the same name. She just hit Darkshore so she has a bit of growing up to do.

So I am starting over again and would love to make some friends. I am not a hardcore player, but would love to have some people to adventure with and do the odd instance. I have had some pretty bad guild experiences in other games. I am in Eastern Time zone and looking for like minded Alliance players.

Anyhow, thanks for having me. I am impressed so far and I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Have an awesome day! Again, my toon on this realm is also named Kalanai.
05/03/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Eluial
I tried asking in Trade Chat, but didn't get any responses that were serious; I either got ignored, or trolled. I'm not sure what I have to do to contact guilds. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me.

Read the recruitment threads on forums.
There's a couple of things you can do, the first being that you can drift by a few guild websites and just put in an app and see how things roll there.

However, at this stage in the expansion, your best bet would probably just be to transfer over, go unguilded for a while, get a vibe for the guilds on the server by pugging raids and chilling in trade. I know it doesn't really sound like the best of choices, but speaking as someone who actually runs a guild, I don't use the forums or trade to recruit. Picking up people out of trade is, by and large, a bad deal, and that tends to go for the forums as well.

The other side for you is you probably don't want to be in a guild that is pulling out of trade or the forums, outside recruitment threads. Those kind of guilds don't offer much in the way of stability, and tend to be a touch on the desperate side for any kind of warm body to fill their raid or whatever. There's nothing wrong with a new guild (and since I've been there, starting a guild is nothing but a hassle, and I'd probably stop playing rather than do it again) but your choices aren't going to be awesome.

The truth is, Proudmoore is a big server. Either on Alliance or Horde, you'll find a guild that will suit you soon enough.
05/03/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Eluial
I was trolled/ignored

Sorry to hear you were trolled for asking. As with all realms we do have our fair share of trolls but overall the people are pretty awesome (IMO of course).
05/03/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Muletia
I was trolled/ignored

Sorry to hear you were trolled for asking. As with all realms we do have our fair share of trolls but overall the people are pretty awesome (IMO of course).

I stand by Muletia! :D

Yeh, a buncha peeps paid $25 a toon and xferred their trolls in, i say! :D
How's this server for a new player? Im a level 42, and Im having trouble finding people for early dungeons and stuff. All the low level areas feel empty. Is there a better server I should transfer to for new people?

Thank you
Given that the alliance side is more densely populated than the horde side, it's not that. You could try joining a larger guild that caters more to leveling players and has a higher player base at the <70 level. I know for myself personally when I roll alts I tend to just slap on BoA gear and instance my heart out, a tactic a lot of my friends also employ so we're seldom out in the world. You can try doing a /who 44-50 the next time you're in SW and just asking people if they want to group for a dungeon or a specific zone.
Hi Im thinking about starting fresh on a new server with a better social community and better PvE progression?

Planning on rolling a level one and slowly leveling them up, when I got bored with my higher levels. So I was wondering how well this server would fit that criteria.

Also

Social atmosphere is the most important quality for me right now because Im kind of tired of feeling like Im all alone while play an MMO. If there happens to be good progression in PvE also then thats icing on the cake.
I went to check it out, nice people to be sure. No trolling at all. HOWEVER the prices here are outrageous for anything new and epic. WAY higher than many other realms I went and checked out the same night. Depends on what u are willing to put up with.
05/08/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Feylion
I went to check it out, nice people to be sure. No trolling at all. HOWEVER the prices here are outrageous for anything new and epic. WAY higher than many other realms I went and checked out the same night. Depends on what u are willing to put up with.

Might want to use an auction data site to check rather than live realm prices. They flux a lot depending on day of the week, etc.: https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=71006

05/06/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Bailthon
Hi Im thinking about starting fresh on a new server with a better social community and better PvE progression?

According to Wowprogress, The low pop (horde) side has slightly more players than both factions combined on your realm. You'd find more population to play with if you transferred.

Leveling a toon in WoW isn't the best place to find "social atmosphere" as a lot of folk have multiple level-capped alts. There are a few large social and leveling guilds around that you could likely find people to group, level, and interact with. It'll be easier to do at the start of the Panapocalypse when you have folks leveling Monks and Pandapeople from scratch.
According to Wowprogress, The low pop (horde) side has slightly more players than both factions combined on your realm. You'd find more population to play with if you transferred.
Holy cow, I knew there would be a difference between a medium pop and a full server but .... 0.0 one side has more people then my whole server.

Leveling a toon in WoW isn't the best place to find "social atmosphere" as a lot of folk have multiple level-capped alts. There are a few large social and leveling guilds around that you could likely find people to group, level, and interact with. It'll be easier to do at the start of the Panapocalypse when you have folks leveling Monks and Pandapeople from scratch.
Ok thats actually a really good idea thank you.
Just throwing a bump to this thread because I <3 Proudmoore so much :) Played on many servers before coming here, transferred off here to play with friends, and I ended up coming back here, and here to stay.

For those questioning about coming to Proudmoore... stop questioning and just do it! :D
Planning on leaving my server, this seems pretty good as I want to faction change. I'm a 405 ret paladin with Savior and I'm in dire need of a repeat kill, realid add me if you need me :D frozenblooddd@hotmail.com
For those transferring to proudmoore in the next few days, I am buying 20 stacks of Truegold bars. Paying 450gold per bar. That's one way to bring in your extra gold. :)

Valid for 2-3 days only / until I get the 400 bars I need. ( Sorry to the realmies for driving AH prices up as I bought out all bars. :( <3 )