World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 55 Next
******* For some reason the 64bit one is dropping my framerate to about 10. *******

32bit version is 100 FPS and above in non-populated, everything on Ultra (even shadows). No lower than 30 in Org (all Ultra)

Running WoW as Admin, from Program Files (not Program Files x86).

Windows Home Premium 64 bit
I'm not claiming anything runs faster. I think it's a placebo effect.

Yes. The 100+ fps I'm seeing in some places walking around SW is totally a placebo effect. Either I or my computer are deluding ourselves ;)

The fact that I can't get more than 80 at the same settings on the 32-bit client and have never been able to? And even that only by doing things like zooming in on a floor or wall texture? It's all in my head, man.

I can fly around SW and pop over 80 fps with this new client. No zooming in on floor textures required.

There is a very real difference between running a 64-bit word length natively and the things that need to be done to let a 32-bit client talk to a 64-bit processor. Not to mention the hacking the 32-bit game client had to do just to read memory between 3 and 4 GB.
WoW mouse key bindings not working with the x64 client
has anyone seen any noticeable improvement in FPS during raid settings? I am running a phenom quad core with 6 gig of ram and a gtx 460 gpu yet i was getting pretty poor frame rates during stacks phases in 25 man raiding...

anyone had a chance to test this yet in a graphically intense environment yet?

...it came out 25 minutes ago

apologies, not sure who all has been testing... nor how long it had been working... just sneaking a peak at the forums while at work. :)
Noticeable frame rate increase. Turned on DX 11 functionality and can actually see water (This was a problem before) And the game is way more memory efficient. I am very happyface.
I've never been so happy to see a lua error that reads: Memory Allocation Error: YOUR BLOCK IS WAY TO BIG! THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!! I
So, does anyone think now that I have 64-bit wow, should I upgrade from 4GB to 8GB?
Great changes for MAC, thank you very much, it is indeed much faster.
i can log into char screen but once go to the world i get the runtime error program c:\world of warcraft\wow-64.exe r6025 - pure vitual function call
Okay so i Downloaded it, when i hit the WoW 64 bit and it downloads something rq, then my screen goes black for a sec and says changing resolution (to what it was before) and then it opens up a new wow client. it does it everytime. and whne i open it with this i dont get a wow launcher? im guessing im doing something wrong any help? not a computer genius xD

Just tried to login again and says there is an error logging in.
has anyone seen any noticeable improvement in FPS during raid settings? I am running a phenom quad core with 6 gig of ram and a gtx 460 gpu yet i was getting pretty poor frame rates during stacks phases in 25 man raiding...

anyone had a chance to test this yet in a graphically intense environment yet?

I'll let you know when I get home from work (10 hours from now... grr). I have the exact same problem as you - Phenom quad-core, GTX 570, and I get horrible frame rates in 25-man raids. I'm really hoping the 64-bit client will alleviate that some.
@Semlow: It sounds like you usually use the launcher. Go ahead and use the same launcher icon you used to run the game before (so basically just start it normally). Once you're in the launcher, go up to the menu in the upper left - of the launcher - and select Game Preferences. At the bottom of that dialog you'll find a checkbox which says "Launch 32-bit client" . If that is unchecked (or you can uncheck it yourself) then you'll be running the 64-bit client when you hit "Play". It will mess with your resolution, but you can fix that once in the game.

If you can't uncheck the "Launch 32-bit client", then you may have stuck your 64-bit client files in the wrong place or forgotten to put them in the folder World of Warcraft is installed in.
02/01/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Semlow
Okay so i Downloaded it, when i hit the WoW 64 bit and it downloads something rq, then my screen goes black for a sec and says changing resolution (to what it was before) and then it opens up a new wow client. it does it everytime. and whne i open it with this i dont get a wow launcher? im guessing im doing something wrong any help? not a computer genius xD

Download the folder, extract.. inside the unzipped folder, you will have 3 files. Put those 3 files inside your main wow folder. Then simply just load the game as you normally use to. My 32bit client box was automatically unchecked. But, that may differ from user to user.
Okay i did that and i dont see anywhere to change the client from 32 bit or w.e like a checkbox, but in corner says its running 64 so ill go with it xD thanks!
Vastly-improved load times. Do like.
For some reason the 64bit one is dropping my framerate to about 10.

32bit version is 60 and above, everything on Ultra (aside for Shadows on Fair).

Running WoW as Admin, from Program Files (not Program Files x86).

Same issue here. Using the 64bit version absolutely kills my framerate, now back to using the 32bit one.
What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.
02/01/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Semlow
Okay i did that and i dont see anywhere to change the client from 32 bit or w.e like a checkbox, but in corner says its running 64 so ill go with it xD thanks!

The toggle button is in the launcher, so when you load launcher, BEFORE you click play, at the top left, it says options, when you click options, you get a small drop down list, and then you click on Game Preferences, once you click that, at the very bottom you will see the 32-bit toggle box
What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.

Intel Core i7-2630QM
64-bit Op System
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
4 Gigs of RAM
After I installed, I was not able to use my mouse keybindings. Uninstalled until that issue is fixed. I live and breathe with my mouse.