Having kids
Getting married
New GF
New job
Went insane
Deaths
Computers stopped working
New hobbies
Started playing a new game (doesn't have to be an MMORPG)
Were in too bad of a mood wondering why andy reid is still allowed to coach
The aliens were supposed to come get them the next day to bring them to their home planet
The talking hamster warned them that if they don't quit NOW, they're going to die
They decided to start training to be a ninja, or a cage fighter

You see, 1.7 million people didn't all just say "Blizzard ruined the game, I quit". You're just twisting that number to fit your argument. What you also have to realize, people have been quitting the entire life of this game. Vanilla or TBC could have EASILY lost more subs than cata did, only thing is, the game was still gaining subs at that point so it hid the fact that people were quitting.
This is mostly opinion. I have seen many many threads where plenty of people like the idea of panda's and monks and what not. If you dont like the panda race, guess what? DON'T PLAY IT. I don't like the horde races, and on alliance I only play Draenei, Gnome, and a Night Elf for a druid.

Edited: I read through the OP a lil too fast. Took it the wrong way. Either way, this is still my 2cents, because I see a lot of people saying the opposite as well. (that majority doesnt like MoP).

I am looking forward to it. :)
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

the things you say make me so happy!
and very nice post, op.
02/01/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Stormcat
its going to be awesome.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hey, Blizzard folks...

I know you guys and girls get a lot of flak. So, thanks for making, maintaining and improving upon an awesome product that I've enjoyed for a long, long time.

Now, give me loots.
MoP seems incredibly exciting, and Pandaria just LOOKS so unbelievably amazing that it makes me wish we could be there right now. I honestly really like how Blizz is adding more lore to the Pandaren and they're really fleshing out their culture and story in this expansion.

In my opinion, this has potential to be an expansion to be remembered for a very long time.
MoP is emphasising FUN. Not number crunching, painstakingly difficult group-forming or constant whining. FUN!

With MoP, I can log into the game going "Oh great! Its time to do pet battles, level my Monk and do some quirky BGs!" Instead of "oh...great, time to do my dailies then mine ore to get better gear to make grinding dailies easier"

Honestly, the talent system is extremely lame.

That's just like, your opinion man.

I'm really looking forward to the new system and I believe it will help balance things out in PvP as well as PvE since they will be able to tweak numbers without altering most talents or class abilities that would break one spec while making another stupidly strong.

I'm also really looking forward to the monk class personally, I've always been a fan of this type of character and I can't wait to try out the system.
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

More info!

or give me beta.

I prefer the second choice.
02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
You'll get a captivating story

This is what I'm most looking forward to. My hope is that it includes the Alliance as its own standing progression, not just as a Horde plot device as we've seen through Cataclysm.
I think both Scenarios and Challenge Modes are Blizzard's response to what's on the horizon.

They see ArenaNet and other companies trying to push a content model that breaks from the Holy Trinity of Tank/Heal/DPS and come up with Scenarios, mini-dungeons that can be done purely by DPS players.

They see the endless complaints about nerfed content, content becoming skipped, and posts for scalable content, and create Challenge Modes, dungeons(and hopefully raids)which lock your gear to the minimum level and put you on a time attack for vanity rewards.

They see people wanting other things to do at endgame besides PvE/PvP, and decide to try Pet Battles.

They see people complaining Cataclysm was too scattered and disparate, they make a new continent for everyone to explore.

I'm very much looking forward to more on MoP.
02/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Dòlò
pandaren were always the most requested race in any of the "what new race do you want to see in the next xpac?" threads.

I've never, ever seen one of these threads. Care to link one for me?

Personally, I don't care much about pandas either way (I am interested in the new monk class though). The new talent system is what scares me the most. Or more so, the fact that they just did a huge revamp of the talent system in Cata with promises of how much better it was going to be only to have to completely revamp the system again in MoP doesn't give me much faith.

http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27749514786&sid=1
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27026397947&sid=1
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27750116225&sid=1

and so forth:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+site%3Awowarchive.yg.com+yg+wowarchive+pandaren

It seems that the majority view in the past was that Pandaren would be Horde.
I personally admire what they're doing with the talent system. Although I feel like we should get points at an even 10 levels instead of 15(Makes more physiological sense for future planning). But the idea of customization through utility is just scratching the surface, imo. They can, and I think, they will do more to give everyone a personalized feel for their characters.

As for the rest of the future xpac:

Pandas bad.

Pokemon bad.

Dungeon Challenges meh.

Everything else great!(Especially DOTA style BG!!!)
With Metzen at the helm, the quality can only go down for everyone.
After this mess of a tier my sights are set low for mop. DS feels like a copy and paste raid, LFR is nothing but whiners and greifers. It feels like the loss of all the subs is cutting into the resources that are put into the game. Activsion requires a certain profit margin, all that revenue from 1.7 million lost consumers is showing up directly into the content the last 2 patchs. Less subs = less content.

My 2 cents.
I dunno about wings... but I really want to see these new demons. That and I'm still hoping to be able to locktank, even though I doubt it.
02/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Dòlò
Blizzard chose mid Cataclysm that they wanted to change their game philosophy to support the more "casual" gamer

They made that choice in LK, then tried to do a 180 at the start of cata, then changed their minds again mid-way through cata. It really feels like they're in panic mode at this point and just trying whatever to stop their subscription free fall.

Actually in Wrath they did a lot of things right. I like the LFD simply because when I run dungeons its not for the content most of the time anymore its to get my VP while I have a few hours to spare. I also enjoyed the two levels of content, Heroic for the "hardcore player" and normals for the regular guys while still making it easy to PuG the content.

Also ooo ya gots a blue in hur!