General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 35 Next
02/02/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Çyrus
This is what I'm most looking forward to. My hope is that it includes the Alliance as its own standing progression, not just as a Horde plot device as we've seen through Cataclysm.

Do you really believe that?

Really?
:O Where did you find out what the new BGs will be like?
For all the negative thoughts and comments going around about MoP, I personally have a an idea a lot of people will change their tune after release. As a player that had a break for a few years and only just come back a few months ago I'm really enjoying myself.

I've found the content a little to easy and fast to get through so am really looking forward to MoP.

My biggest problem is finding dedicated people to raid with. Getting numbers together for 10 mans seems next to impossible on my server. I just wish I could find a guild full of people as eager to raid as I am. So hopefully after Mop's release the will be renewed interest.

I hope to be playing for a number of years to come even though we are at the 7 yr mark I think there's life left in the old girl yet.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

If this is in fact what you pull of with MoP it will be a win in my book. Even if it is adding additional hamster wheels.

I'm certainly excited to see what you all have to say in March.
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

Instead of chiming in on a thread that does nothing but kiss your collective butts.

Why don't you let us know what you guys intend to do with the ever growing lists of dying servers?

02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways

Perhaps the addition of even more reused templates, items, and NPC models?
It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

Zarhym is gaining an unfair advantage! BANHAMMER REQUIRED.

Edit: And on a less joking note, thank you and everyone at Blizzard for making, maintaining, and expanding such an incredible game for all of us. You're all doing excellent work, no matter what certain people say.
02/02/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Osirion
I've found the content a little to easy and fast to get through so am really looking forward to MoP.

While content should not be so hard that people like you cannot see it. DS content (at least normals) is so undertuned that guilds pushed through all the normals modes by the first week and not just those guilds that had done it on the PTR.

While this is a noble goal its hard to do that without making those who have been with WoW from the beginning to feel upset that the game has become easier and easier. For me I have felt almost lackluster about playing the game of late simply because there is nothing "exciting" about raiding anymore or pvp'ing or even leveling. It's all so straightforward and boring that I just look at it and say "Oh that's it?"

This has only happened in Cata for me and I know a lot of other people feel that was as well, does the game still have fun aspects? Sure, but I am hoping that Blizzard does something to make some of us older players who miss the things they did in BC/Wrath and even Vanilla and bring them back in MoP.
Agreed!
02/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vorps
Blizzard is moving away from listening to the populist whining that can apparently never be quelled.

Which reminds me, why are we getting Pokemon in MoP? Blizz said that people have been asking for it apparently, but to me it seems like it came out of no where. I don't recall anyone, ever, plea for a pokemon battle system.
MoP will make WoW so amazing that all the whiny teenagers will leave. this means that WoW will be the best game in existence.

EDIT: i forgot that pokemon will never be beaten.
02/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vorps
3 new and INNOVATIVE battlegrounds

Sweet now if only they would get rid of or revamp the 3 tired and useless BG's it might be worth buying MoP for me as a pvper.....

IoC
SOTA
AV

im looking at you
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27749514786&sid=1
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27026397947&sid=1
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=27750116225&sid=1

and so forth:

Thanks! :)

I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion

AKA they still haven't learned from their mistakes.

Yeah, that comment kinda scares me. It's as if they still don't feel the game is "accessible" enough right now and plan to make it even easier in MoP (honestly wouldn't surprise me).
02/02/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Thirdegree
Zarhym is gaining an unfair advantage! BANHAMMER REQUIRED.

Don't believe ANYTHING he said. He didn't post on his main!
I am really looking forward to some new ideas even though I am loving the game currently.

The large sweeping changes like with cata's changes to the environment were scary at first because I miss those places, but I have come to appreciate them as it gave me a whole new leveling experience.

Now I think I am ready for some changes to the talents, and some new areas and who knows what wonderful things they have in store in patches after the expansion!

I say run with it dev team. After playing the Diablo 3 beta today (which I was skeptical of as well) I have become a true believer that all things Blizzard are quality and while it may require a learning curve, I would rather spend my time trying to grasp the new path with this crew than any other company out there.
think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

sweet cause i dont want to PvE to get the best PvP stuff,

Vial
Legendaries

Im looking at you

(ps EMFH FTW)
Aside from the OP using big words like "primary archetype" improperly i agree with him.

The game is more fun to play now than it ever has been in 7 years. Anyone complaining about gear being easier to get has been playing for the wrong reasons. If many people have decent gear, those with actual skill will stand out more. For too many years bad players have been carried by their gear. The very best gear still exists and is a goal for those who want to put in the extra effort, but it's not better by such a wide margin that it leaves everything else behind.

Now, with an average amount of effort, anyone can get into decent gear, and start having fun just screwing around with friends. Instead of being hopelessly stuck in weak blues unless they suck up to a guild master. Some people, like myself, just aren't sycophants. Our destiny in game is now our own, and not something for a 'loot council' or whatnot to decide. These same guilds also were the gatekeepers for seeing game content, deciding who will see it and who won't, and i think it's obvious how that worked out in the past. Now we all get to see the stories through from beginning to end.
02/02/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Rhoggarn
With Metzen at the helm, the quality can only go down for everyone.

True, the man needs to find a story and move on from warcraft. If you leave an author or an artist working on one project for that long its going to get very stale. Warcraft needs a shot in the arm and I dont think pandas will provide that.
02/02/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Rhoggarn
This is what I'm most looking forward to. My hope is that it includes the Alliance as its own standing progression, not just as a Horde plot device as we've seen through Cataclysm.

Do you really believe that?

Really?

Agreed, it sucks, but the Alliance saw nearly no development, if any at all.