Shared Achievements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
Can't wait to have the Ashes of alar on all my characters !!
Just to make sure I haven't missed anything.. My friend was complaining today how FoS titles weren't going to be included in Mists, but unless I have been living under a rock Blizzard hasn't said anything since the press release about what will and won't be included?
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account.

I hope this feature will be optional. For many of us, a lot of the replay value comes from taking a different direction with each new character and seeing where it leads us. Achievements are a big part of this. They are very much like a road map to where your character has been, where they're going, and what's important to them. No two characters should have the same achievements, it's part of what makes the experience of playing each of them unique.

Applying achievements across all characters on an account also diminishes the sense of accomplishment that comes from obtaining them. That really cool "Justicar" title you've been working on for over a year will be far less meaningful if it automatically applies to all your characters, even more so when you see it popping up on everyone else's.

People will always find new ways to distinguish themselves, that's human nature, but the achievement system already provides an excellent way for players to do just that. So why take it away from them? I realize there are many who want this system, but I think this is mostly because they hope it will allow them to copy rare mounts across all their characters. What people don't seem to understand is that a rare mount, or achievement, ceases to be rare when heaps of people have it.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
Pretty excited about this. Obviously there's some things to be figured out, such as class mounts, class feats of strength, legendary weapon achievements only available to certain classes, and more, but I bet they'll figure it out :)

It makes it hard to switch mains when all the rare/hard to get pets, mounts, achievements, and titles are on your first character. Or when you're playing an alt, and something really cool drops that you wish you had on your main, like the bear or raptor from the troll heroics.

Will there be level 20's riding Flametalon of Alysrazor with Destroyer's End title?

Maybe. But it shows that the player themself has earned it. Who cares what toon they are on?
I really really hope that account wide achievements that we get things like "Get a level 90 of each class". "Max out one of every profession". "Level up one of every race to 90". This would be awesome achievements that need to be worked on by all your toons instead of just one.
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Yay, makes me a happy Nelf :)
I hate your shared achievements idea.

I value the opportunity to earn different things on different characters and have their respective accomplishments reserved to them alone.

I did Loremaster twice, and only twice. (back before Cataclysm, when it was harder, instead of now, when the greatest challenge is not dying of boredom before you finish it.) The other 18 alts should not get to act like they did it at all.

I raided Ulduar with my priest and ICC with my bear. Nobody else hardly set foot in the door, and they shouldn't get to claim they did. I have ONE Kingslayer, not 20.

I collect achievements. I collect them in different ways on different characters.
I HATE the idea that the individuality of my characters is about to be effaced.
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

SO glad to hear this! For years I've felt stuck with the same 'main' because it was the character I have all my achievements, mounts, and pets on (this isn't my main but maybe will be now). Can't believe there's that vocal minority who are against it. Well done blizz
What about those who have Exp Off characters and legitimately earned an achievement or title, are they going to have their achievements and titles taken away because of some silly level requirement even though they earned it?

I sincerely hope that there is a Grandfathering of achievements for those who maximize their character at a desired level. Just because they're adding account-wide achievements doesn't mean I should lose any of my achievements or titles that I've earned on this character and others.
05/08/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Slèép
What about those who have Exp Off characters and legitimately earned an achievement or title, are they going to have their achievements and titles taken away because of some silly level requirement even though they earned it?

If it's impossible to get an achievement until a certain level, then those XP-off characters won't have it to be able to lose it.
05/08/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Ehcks
If it's impossible to get an achievement until a certain level, then those XP-off characters won't have it to be able to lose it.

So then logic would lead me to believe that because my achievements are in fact possible at level 60, then every character that I level to and past sixty would instantly acquire the same achievements I have now, correct? Or because I have achievements that weren't intended for lower level characters, do those get taken away as a slap in the face for my choice of game play?

Any word on Feat's of Strength yet?

[I'm not just talking about myself here, this is for all of us, 19's, to 60's, for any one who earns achievements on an exp of character for fun.]
I have Battlemaster on this character, will this title be available on my other characters? Alts of a different faction? Only on the same realm as this character or account wide? What about other titles?
I do have an idea that may work but i'm not sure how well, you could make another vender called realm heirloom gear make the gear cost the max amount of honor-justice points and as long as you buy that peice of gear it will become available to take for free on all realms just once so you would have to choose wisely which realm you would want to buy that peice of gear for.

That or those who have already baught the gear in question could buy it free one time on another realm as well lol i dont know it was just an idea and i hope you guys like it.

*peers at the avatar* What the heck is that supposed to be? It reminds me of a shaved, angry house cat.