Shared Achievements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
Titles IMO are the number one thing I hope goes along with this. I have MANY titles on toons that I no longer play because I dont enjoy the path they went down in play style. So being able to roll my lock (my newest toon) with some of my old school titles and acheivements rather than this toon looking like a noob would be a nice thing.
Maybe there should be an official 'sticky' topic with a recap on 'account bound' pets, achievements, mounts and titles, as often as people ask about them.

(IE, a sticky that says 'this is what we plan, this is what we might look at later'.)
I know it's probably too early or you are just unable to say, but is Herald a possibility for account bound due to the giant PITA that it is?
Yay - been waiting for this pretty much since achievements were implemented.

Alt-friendly features ftw, keep 'em coming.
I REALLY hope this works between EU and US realms. I played 3 very fruitful years on the EU servers only to move back to the states to have people while I leveled call me a noob.
02/06/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Keleshara
Titles IMO are the number one thing I hope goes along with this. I have MANY titles on toons that I no longer play because I dont enjoy the path they went down in play style. So being able to roll my lock (my newest toon) with some of my old school titles and acheivements rather than this toon looking like a noob would be a nice thing.

I would love this too, i have Hand of A'dal on my toon i no longer play along with Champion of the Naruu, would love to have those titles on my active toon.
Will Achievement Progress also be shared? I think it should be.
I would of much rather seen

Heirlooms actually work for an entire acct !

Maybe with this feature that will happen.

But if you think about it it is probably a lot easier to code account wide achievements, then sending actual items from one server to another.

02/06/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Want
Great. Account-wide achievements. How about something original and not a complete time-sink for once?

are you looking at this as they are just adding new cheeves and only those will be account wide? if not then the "complete time sink" has already been...sunk, so to say.
What about mounts?
I hope they don't allow server first titles to be shared. I know plenty of rats that have been transferring to those new non english realms to get server firsts that they would never have gotten otherwise. I know the rule exists about the 60 days yadda yadda yadda but GMs apparently don't care if the title is old and they cry a little in the ticket.
Honestly, this is something that needed to be done. As a ten man raider throughout the whole expansion I've been swapping to different characters depending on what people showed up, what fight we're doing, etc..... This really makes it so you don't have to feel punished individually for doing something that helps your guild as a whole.
Mounts will be the last step... in a few years...
yeah..... as long as the shared achieves provide the mounts/titles/rewards given by them.... i'll be happy...

otherwise... meh.. who does the 'compare achievements' window anyways?

edit:
02/07/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Sephrina
Mounts will be the last step... in a few years...
so you mean blizzard's 'Soon/eventually' =P
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

How will raiding/pvp Achievements work with mount and title rewards?