Shared Achievements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 16 Next
I would seriously hope they don't turn Honor Kills into some random number. It's fine if you get, say, 250,000 achievement on a character and then the achievement shows up on another. I just can't imagine a WoW where if I wanted to farm HKs for no reason my best bet would be to level up a character through BGs (people die left and right in those), where's the fun in that?

The only reward BG junkies who love their character get is the bragging right of having huge HKs, and at the end of the day everyone just tells them how it "means nothing" all about da rating <- Sigh.

HKs are the one pure thing left in WoW, doing that will mess with something that isn't bothering anyone. If anything, 250k and future HK achievements should be turned into a feat of strength (with a title and possibly a mount or tabard?!) if you have a problem with taking the time to devote to getting them yourself the normal way. Insane in the Membrane comes to mind..

Leave HKs alone!
Why would it matter if a level one toon had title achievements, or any other achievement bonuses for that matter?

They're all cosmetic anyway.

Anyone with half a brain seeing a Level 1 with a title will know that character gained the title on another character. This game has melted down to the point now that even faction is largely irrelevant; most players have high level toons on both allance and horde, on the same account.

A player will have mulitple toons, used for a host of different reasons. Why should i be unable to show my Kingslayer title on my mage, just because goblins were not out when wrath was live? Does it make any difference to anyone else?

This saves me going back on my newer toons, and regrinding old content, that is now trivial in difficulty.

Some people have commented that this change will add more of a timesink. If anything it alleviates some of the time commitment. For example, now I only have to grind the cooking dailys for a couple months to get the achievements (Iron chef anyone?) on one toon, not many, and can show the rewards for my hard work on any of my toons.

02/07/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Thyranne
Account Wide Achievements is enough for me to buy this expansion (I was gonna buy it anyway). When can I pre-order it? :)

This news is my MoP buyer also though I was gona buy it anyway this just makes it 100x better ^.^
I do not like this idea at all, I don't want one of my alts to have all of my mounts/titles.
I like the idea of starting over I guess, I am completly against this.

qq
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

On a note Vaeflare, will we be able to link achievements like Hard Mode kills we get on our main from our alts? Like having a book were we can check all our toons achievements.
It's been asked a lot "will achievements be account wide", and I think most of the askers are wondering if the achievements and titles that they add on character X will be available on character Y.

But Blizzard's response never says "yes", they instead say "there will be account-wide achievements".

Taken the way it's written, it sounds like they are adding achievements for "Level every profession to 600" or "Get a level 90 of every race". More grindy stuff, which is fine (that's what achievements are for the most part), but the answers that have been given regarding "account wide achievements" never really suggest that a title earned on your hunter can be used on your pally.

Re-read the blue response and see if you still think it means what you hope it means. It's written very cleverly, but I don't think I'll be able to break the achievement grind on my mage and start it up in the same place on my druid.

OTOH maybe that's what people want, level 12 different 90's and get 600 archeology with every horde and ally race or whatever. Sounds brutal to me.

While I don't have archeology on every toon ( I detest it), I do have 12 toons at 85.... and a collective 12k+ achieves on them, 150+ mounts, 150+ pets, etc. Some you can't get anymore, others very common. I was working on violet proto's on ALL of them, I am 2 seasons (holidays) away from that goal. I shouldn't quit, but the tediousness of it is getting to me. I have 2 already, I shouldn't even THINK about getting them on all my toons. It just kinda happened I didn't do it on purpose, it was one of those things that oh I am on this toon during this holiday.. May as well.... and I have school of hard knocks, and all of Mid summer to do on all of them to finish. I was shocked to be honest but I really rather not do that if I don't have to and the proto on THIS toon will transfer across my account. :)
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Please, please don't make TOO many achievements like this. :3

I don't like to do end level stuff but I like to level alts and obtain the achievements on each one. If they are shared, does that mean we can no longer get them on each newer character we make?

Please, please don't make TOO many achievements like this. :3

I don't like to do end level stuff but I like to level alts and obtain the achievements on each one. If they are shared, does that mean we can no longer get them on each newer character we make?

Say that when you are leveling up your 15th toon and done it all before. They could make an option to turn it off in the interface. I wouldn't do that but I am sure they could put that in.

Will feats of strength be the same? Anyway, yay for account wide achievement awards :D
This is amazing. I am pretty burned out on this shaman after playing it for so long, and I would love to feel that I can start over without leaving anything behind. Also it would let some of the FoS from my vanilla chars carry over I hope!
02/06/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level

YES!!!!

thank God, now when ppl ask for achievements in pugs I can link them on any of my alts that needs to raid if my main toon has done it already. Hate being shot down on my alts when I tell the RL I done this raid on my main toon.
Good stuff !

Awesome. But what about account-wide mounts? I'm starting to like Mists of Pandaria a lot more now. Can't wait to have all my achievements on all my characters.
All I want in this game now is this, seriously. I have 47k something kills on my main, and 70k something spread across other characters. I could have the 100k kills achieve by now, but it's so spread out. Feel like I've wasted all that time and focus now because of this achievement crap.

It would also be nice to share rare achievement mounts to account, and boss kill achievements. Might encourage more people to bring whichever toon is NEEDED to a raid, instead of their main. For example, my warlock is my main, I want to get my achievements on him first. I also have a Paladin. If I could get the achievement account wide, and we REALLY need a Paladin that night, then it's not so bad
I like the sharing idea- from pets, to mounts, to achieves. It would take many years for me to complete all the achieves on just one toon, and once you've put a lot of work into a toon it's tough when you want to make another your main. What's been said by Blizz re: shared mounts? I might start collecting TCG mounts if I knew they would be shared between toons.
What about feats of strength?