Heroic Hagara 10 man

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
We're coming back to Hagara 10 man Heroic after clearing a few other bosses on heroic. When we were doing attempts on this, we were having a lot of trouble with the Ice Lances on the main phase. Mainly, we were having trouble with positioning and getting to our assigned spots in time. If anyone could share their positioning or any tips for this, that would be helpful.

Also, any general strats would be great. In particular, how folks are taking care of the lightning conductors or dispelling on the frost phases.

Thanks!

Our options as far as comp goes:

Ele/Resto Sham
Shadow/Holy Priest
Disc Priest or Hunter alt
Holy Pally
Resto/balance Druid
Frost/Blood DK
Rogue
2x Mages (their DPS is kind of low atm)
Ret/Prot Pally
Prot/Arms Warrior (generally our MT)
Arms Warrior or Lock alt
we got hagara last week, what we did is 3 heal it.

stacked on the center, right on top of her for ice and healed like crazy, dps the crystals asap from there while mele runs around. for lightning we do 4 pairs each taking 1/4 the map or 2 lightning conductors. we use our tank 4 piece when the stacks get to 8 or so, our druid blows tranq during this too. we usually had 12-14 stacks by the end.

shammy can trivialize one of the worse parts of the dps phase in this fight, make sure your shaman is using grounding totem as much as he can to take shattered ice from his party. make pairs of people to work on the ice lances, take 2 stacks move out, i say 2 because by the time you get out or someone steps in you will have 3-4 and more than that will kill you.
You really want to 3heal Hagara.

For Ice Lances I had a disc and a resto druid healing, so I made them run around in the corners our ranged weren't into. Make them take a few stacks and then run off. Focused Assault I made my paladin taunt 1st and 3rd and we CD'd through 2nd cause of probable tomb LoS.

For conductors we had 4 people chain (2 per side) and everyone else stand in the middle, my healers just bombed the people that chained. Never had any issue. Can do 8 and 1/4 each, etc. It doesn't really matter.

For Ice you can have everyone run around and just dispel by going outside so the inside stays untainted from Frostflake, or you can stack in the middle, we felt the latter was very unnecessary (and didn't make the fight easier for us). With everyone running around it'll take 2 passes around the circle to kill crystals. Ranged in middle will be a bit less.
we got hagara last week, what we did is 3 heal it.

stacked on the center, right on top of her for ice and healed like crazy, dps the crystals asap from there while mele runs around. for lightning we do 4 pairs each taking 1/4 the map or 2 lightning conductors. we use our tank 4 piece when the stacks get to 8 or so, our druid blows tranq during this too. we usually had 12-14 stacks by the end.

shammy can trivialize one of the worse parts of the dps phase in this fight, make sure your shaman is using grounding totem as much as he can to take shattered ice from his party. make pairs of people to work on the ice lances, take 2 stacks move out, i say 2 because by the time you get out or someone steps in you will have 3-4 and more than that will kill you.

We did something similar to that in Despotism. Here is my POV from a kill there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdXNlR4qXc
Ele/Resto Sham
Shadow/Holy Priest
Disc Priest or Hunter alt
Holy Pally
Resto/balance Druid
Frost/Blood DK
Rogue
2x Mages (their DPS is kind of low atm)
Ret/Prot Pally
Prot/Arms Warrior (generally our MT)
Arms Warrior or Lock alt

My guild was able to down Hhag this last week. We 2 healed it (Sham/Druid) and used a Blood DK tank. I looked through the players you could bring and bold the ones I feel would be the most powerful. Currently Blood Dks>All other tanks IMO as far as encounters in HDS goes. For heals, you really only need 2 healers unless you are using the stack in center strat for ice transition (but you shouldn't since you can bring a hunter). Bring a hunter and use Aspect of the Pack every ice phase and tell your people to simply keep moving. If your raid continues running and the debuff is taken care of quickly enough then the wall will never reach you. Dot classes are the best for the pack strat as you will not get much time on each Crystal other than to dot it up. If it is taking your guild more than 2X around to get all the crystals you need to work on your dps. Lightning phase is not much to it, make sure to do LOTS of dry runs when the room is empty using markers to act as the conductors and playing our where people should be. (note that hunter pets can chain so make sure your hunter dismisses his pet or else you will have lots of unnecessary damage.) Once "mastered" the lightning phase should be rather quick and no heavy healing CDs will really be needed. On the ice lance during normal, have lots of range help with this but be careful after the transition as ice lance likes to target ranged for some reason after a transition so have your melee be prepared to help out. One last note is make sure that either your tank has Hag at the edge of the platform or that everyone stays behind so that Hag will only target your tank with shattered ice rather than any of your raid members. GL!
Took my group a while to get this fight down; there's a lot going on, and anyone dead means some job's not being done. We had it mostly down, and once we switched our ret paladin to healing and had 5 people stand in the center for frost, we got it, and this week the repeat kill was pretty easy. This is how we handle it.

Tricks pull to tank, who's standing near the entrance portal. Boss will usually do her first focused assault as she's approaching tank, negating the need for one cooldown/taunt.
(side note, we have a paladin tank, so we had to 'handle' focused assault with cds or taunt-offs. I believe with a decently geared/smart blood dk, they can just eat it, as blood shield absorbs work)

Ranged spread out in pairs in the directions of the three cardinal points not occupied by the boss. Ice lances are traded off between the members of these pairs, and they shift to help the other pairs if there's no lance origin in their sector. Try to switch at 4.

If it is the case that your blood dk can stay stationary while tanking focused assault it makes this easier, as moving the boss moves the ice lances making soaking them a little more difficult.

Grounding Shattered Ice does work, additionally try to be sure that the whole raid is covered by frost resistance by a paladin and/or shaman. If you suck at swapping Ice Lances, it can 1-shot you, but if you get in a good rhythm of not taking more than 4, and keep people topped, you'll be fine.

We handle Focused Assault by either our Arms Warrior taunting boss away from tank, or using a cooldown or two. Again, IDK if a Blood DK just gets away with mashing Deathstrike or if he needs any help. When people get frost tombs make sure everyone's paying attention, as it changes the healing/tanking/taunting dynamic briefly. So have a backup plan.

Lightning Phase, have assigned positions down both sides. Two people make a single link, and three people can do a "Y" shape to get the side conductor and the next inside conductor simultaneously. Have people stack in the center once their link is done. If you do this quickly, the damage isn't so bad, but if you take too long you'll lose people.

Frost phase, we have a Mage, Warlock, Shadowpriest, Holy Pally, and Holy Priest in the center. A Resto Druid, Myself (Elemental Shaman), Rogue, Arms Warr, and Prot Pally run around the outside, when we get the debuff, we run inside the bubble for a sec to be dispelled. It doesn't leave a frost patch that way. There's almost no damage on the outside if you do it right, so the RDruid is also free to RJ/WG the people in the middle. Ranged, don't start on the crystal the melee start on, as that one will need the least help from them. They multi-dot and try to bring them down pretty much simultaneously, which shortens the phase considerably.

We had made it through frost phases with everyone running around the outside, but there usually was some death or other, and the phase lasts longer if everyone has to run.

Lust and CDs during a Feedback, obviously, but at the same time, be getting to where you need to be when the Ice Lances start coming out. It's a lot of pieces to put together, but keep at it. It's not a terribly long fight, our first kill was 7:17, and our 2nd was 5:52.
If Ice lances get out of hand, you can have everyone stack in the middle and the rogue can drop a smoke bomb. Also, rogues can vanish and it'll stop casting ice lance on the rogue for about 4 seconds, then resume.
We 3 heal this because I don't think we can't realistically shave enough time off the boss to beat another phase.

The DPS requirements are super easy and you soon learn that one of the harder aspects of the encounter is surviving the regular phase, to which 3 healers helps a lot.

Ice lances need to be handled correctly for the most part. We use Rogue smoke bomb with everyone piling in the middle for a couple of the sets. Also a Blood DK with a properly timed AMS can soak up to two by himself if one spawns on him and one spawns on somebody else.

And yeah use your Blood DK for the tank. Pool runes and time your death strikes during her assault. Do it properly and you don't even need CDs. The only time I pop a big CD is right when the Ice Blocks are coming.