Pet attack macro

New Player Help and Guides
Hi, I'm trying to make a macro for my water elemental to attack what target im casting frostbolt at.

For the macro so far I have:

/cast Frosbolt

/cast Attack(Pet Command)

My pet still doesn't attack until after my first spell has landed, but I want him to attack instantly with me when I cast frostbolt.
Try putting the pet attack first in the macro.
Switching it around didn't work, I put cast waterbolt in there instead and it does what I want for the most part now, thanks for the reply.
Can't you have your water elemental do that just by having it in "Assist" mode instead of "Defensive" or "Passive?"
02/06/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Harlan
Can't you have your water elemental do that just by having it in "Assist" mode instead of "Defensive" or "Passive?"
I think they want it to always attack their target. If it is "assist" mode in PVP, they will often chase after an opponent and go oor.
There's a separate command for making your pet attack, it's not used like a normal spell/ability.

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/petattack
/cast Frostbolt

http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro
Hi, I'm trying to make a macro for my water elemental to attack what target im casting frostbolt at.

For the macro so far I have:

/cast Frosbolt

I'm sure it was just a typo here on the site but just in case it wasn't make sure you're typing the spell name exactly how it appears in the spellbook or else it wont work.
Personally, use this macro for my Frostbolt:/use Frostbolt
/petattack [mod][@pettarget,noharm]

If I press it normally, it casts Frostbolt and tells my pet to attack my target unless it's already attacking something.

If I press it with a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt) held down, it casts Frostbolt and forces my pet to attack my target regardless of whether or not it's attacking something.

In addition to the guide Ratatoskr linked, this site will explain what any given macro does:
http://www.macroexplain.com/
Try this one. Its modified from a warlock pet cast. Should work just the same.

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] !Waterbolt
/cast Frostbolt
Try this one. Its modified from a warlock pet cast. Should work just the same.

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] !Waterbolt
/cast Frostbolt

I think after 2 weeks, the OP has either figured it out or given up. Please check time stamps before posting in old threads. This is called necroing and is frowned upon in these forums because it pushes newer threads that might still need answers off of the front page.