Account Wide Achievements - Need Clarification

General Discussion
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

Well, the one thing that really needs to happen here is that if you have a feat of strength for having a certain mount, that needs to be account wide, and then reward said mount. In other words, if I have the Invincible Rein's feat, my other alts should as well, and thus also have the mount itself. Otherwise, a person is kind of forced to play that character permanently if they want that mount, ya know?
I sure hope this applies to What A Strange Trip achievement too.
This will be the one and only character I'll ever attempt it on, but I'd love for all my guys to have the Violet Protodrake!
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

Neth, I understand why you're saying it,but it leaves me feeling like we should just go ahead and expect disappointment. We have had a couple of features that were trimmed from the previous expansions because they didn't pan out. I will be beyond disappointed if account wide achievements become akin to a picked over buffet at lunch time.
Honestly.

If they do this and don't SCREW IT UP... it could retain and regain alot of subscribers.

If they do mess it up or make it half-assed due to "hardware limitations" like how the BoA armor worked.. Bind to Account really meant Bind to account but only if you are on the same realm.

MoP gives them the OPPORTUNITY to have a CLEAN SLATE to work with for alot of these features. Lets just hope they don't dissapoint, or else i feel alot of people still holding on to hopes like myself may lose interest as well.

I just hope they thought of this early enough to actually implement it properly. Because time is ticking between now and MoP, unless blizzard decides to add another content patch people will start dropping/breaking before summer now that all the content is cleared and the nerfs are already in place.
I wished Neth wouldn't have said anything at all now. Its a long time till Mar 13th and I am left feeling like that early Christmas is nothing more then a box of coal. :(
02/07/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Aesis

things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.

Making everything available to all characters would make it equally worthless. Imagine some fresh 85 rogue with arena master when he did it on his shaman. The title suggests that he knows his rogue very well, but that may not be the case

I wished Neth wouldn't have said anything at all now. Its a long time till Mar 13th and I am left feeling like that early Christmas is nothing more then a box of coal. :(

Whats so special about march 13th?

Mar 13th-15th is the MoP press tour. Updates on everything since Blizzcon.
I sure hope this applies to What A Strange Trip achievement too.
This will be the one and only character I'll ever attempt it on, but I'd love for all my guys to have the Violet Protodrake!

And the speed increase that comes with it :)
Neth...whatever you guys implement it MUST have a way to be turned off and not FORCED on toons. Some players do NOT want achievements to be shared. I like the idea but I would want to have a toggle on the bnet interface where I can select to have my achivements shared account wide or not for a particular toon.

EDIT: Maybe the solution is to share the achievements but not give points to the other toons. I don t see why a level 1 should have 5000 achivement point and discovered areas for example when the toon is brand new.
for this i think the Achievement should show on all of your toons, like say if this one killed heroic deathwing my other toons will have a window on their screen saying their bother/sister toon has earned so and so achievement to say that you have done it before on another toon. The titles and mounts that go with the achievements should stay on the toon that got the achievement though.
I'd imagine it'd be the ability to link it (I.E. linking Fido's achievement from his alt Spot) and saying hey this is my character uiuiuiuiuiu.

EDIT: Also the FoS achievements.
This seems to be the greatest news ever, excited but the prospect of having some achievements not account-wide has me a little worried, what achievements fall into that catergory, mounts?

Exploration, profession and quest achievements sure I can see that as a character specific thing, but the PvP and Raid ones, feat of strength... these are the important ones people are after to be account-wide! Be careful of even considering not putting these in or I suggest just taking your hands right off that development path now :S
Eventually it's going to get shortened down to "chie", followed shortly by "ch".
02/07/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Omegal
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015164096

That isn't really helpful since the qoute that caused the person to ask the question is from that thread. While they could have asked the question in that thread and that could have been your intent as well. Its not helpful to just link to a thread and thats it.
awesome, I'll be able to have all achievement mounts on all my toons.
02/07/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Mayhaps

things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.

Nah, won't be useless... as long as the achievements are "recognized", not EVERY mount needs to be accessible by EVERY toon. If you get what I'm trying to say.

They just need to not make people with years worth of very accomplished alts or used-to-be-mains feel PENALIZED for not playing that toon anymore, or whatever.

I'm not wording it very well but I hope people understand what I'm trying to say.
This could be great news but you are going to have to introduce a second Achievement number then. You can t have a level 1 with 5000 achievement points on character creation that makes no sense and goes against the spirit of having achievement points.

its one thing to share items, gears,mounts and titles with all your characters...it is another to grant points earned on another toon. I for once certainly do not want all my other toons to have the points I gained on this character.

i woudln t not mind showing on the armory that I earned those maybe with a different color, on another toon but I certainly would not want actual POINTS to be given to my other characters.

No matter how you implement this please make sure that a level 1 starts with 0 points and not 5k
Yeah... Don't get to ahead of yourselves.... Remember the "dance studio"?