Tanking

New Player Help and Guides
what is the easiest class to tank with at lvl 85? i have around 3500 justice, and want to know if i should spend it on dps gear or tanking gear. Any thoughts are welcome.
The easiest class is the one you enjoy the most. Same goes for what to spend your JP on. If you like DPSing spend it on that if you like tanking spend it on that. :D
I have the easiest time on my Death Knight but the are coincidentally the best geared 85 tanking class I have as well. DKs however, can be squishy if you don't properly manage your CDs both your runes and your defensive CDs.

I prefer my Deathknight because when someone charges off I simply Deathgrip them. That said I do like a few other mechancis on other tanks.

One thing I dislike about deathknights is if you mess up your rotation and blood tap is on CD it can be hard to both maintain aggro and get back on track (i.e., use a death rune for something other than death strike).

As far as spending your JPs. Depends on what you want to do. What I did was first buy my tanking set so I could tank and get faster queues. Then I bought my DPS gear with JPs while only using Valor on Tanking items.
ok thanks i will probably go with the tanking gear.
The easiest class is Druid. Followed by Paladin. Warrior and DK tanking are considered challenging.
02/10/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Thenia
The easiest class is Druid. Followed by Paladin. Warrior and DK tanking are considered challenging.

I would politely like to challenge this, if I may.

Though the OP posted what seems to me a pretty conclusive answer stating his intentions to purchase the Tank gear around twenty four hours ago, I wouldn't mind having a minor parley over which class is Easiest to Hardest.

Far be it from me to say that your facts aren't 100% accurate, but allow me to throw out another theory: I find that Warriors are in fact the easiest.

I think this might be because I personally enjoy playing Warriors over Feral Druids, Blood Death Knights and Protection Paladins. I think that how well one does with Tanking (or DPS and Healing, for that matter) how a lot to do with how they enjoy each classes unique game play design.

I think it might be best, if we're laying out blanket statements, to let newer players know that they are personal opinion. Fair?
paladin tanking is very simple...I havent tanked on any other classes though so I cant comment if its easier or not.
I,m looking for someone to mentor me on my mid lvl feral combat druid so i can tank or dps...with tanking my main...anyone? lil help...a wing i can shelter under...lol...:D
I think tanking on a paladin is the easiest. I have a really hard time tanking on my dk but that may be just me. Most dk tanks I have encountered were terrible though.
02/11/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Kayalesia
I,m looking for someone to mentor me on my mid lvl feral combat druid so i can tank or dps...with tanking my main...anyone? lil help...a wing i can shelter under...lol...:D

02/11/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Gimerce
I think tanking on a paladin is the easiest. I have a really hard time tanking on my dk but that may be just me. Most dk tanks I have encountered were terrible though.

This is why starting your own thread is a good idea Kayalesia

I think dk tanks tend to not be as good at the mid-levels because more often people playing them are new to it. Your other classes have likely been tanking from Lvl 15 or so, but the dk tanks are not only just learning the class, but also may have just started tanking period a few levels ago.

Having tanked all four of the viable tanking classes, I would have to rank them accordingly.

Druid > Death Knight > Paladin > Warrior.

You are almost always sitting on resources as a druid, not to mention swipe being OP. Death Knights with lots of abilities to taunt and hold aggro on multiple mobs just as easily as single target. Plus they have lots of self-sufficient survival abilities currently. Paladins could come in higher if not for long tanking CDs, of which they don't carry as many of as the other classes. Plus, mana sucks. Warriors are ok, but if you get in a slump and end up rage starving, you get screwed. Currently, every other class can do most of what warriors do now, only better.

02/11/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Ludin
I think dk tanks tend to not be as good at the mid-levels because more often people playing them are new to it. Your other classes have likely been tanking from Lvl 15 or so, but the dk tanks are not only just learning the class, but also may have just started tanking period a few levels ago.

Death Knights tend not to really be suitable tanks until level 70 at the minimum. Mid to late 70s tend to be better. With that, you don't have a lot of tanking experience, at those points, since you did not develop the toons first 55 levels. I still believe that the class should start at level one like all the others. A player misses out on a lot of player/character development when they come in at such a high level.

Thing is, this particular discussion is probably better suited for the Death Knight forums. Not to mention that the thread is based around level 85 capabilities.