Tanks and Healers abusing loot rolls

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 7 Next
Can someone do something about this?

Tanks and healers have better chance to win loot rolls....
Im ok with that, it makes sense to make it more worth their while to play a role nobody else wants to.

But then...
When something drops that is not for their heal/tank spec...
BAMMM!
They can still roll on it with their OP rolls and class bonuses

Example:
Druid (healer) and a Hunter are in a party together
Druid rolls on healing gear, wins
Druid rolls on agility trinket ring or necklace, wins
Druid rolls on tank trinket ring or necklace, wins
Druid rolls on rouge gear, wins
Druid rolls on dps caster trinket ring or necklace, wins

Please limit "Need" rolls to current spec only, if they want to play that spec in a raid, or whatever, they should be required to earn it like the single role toons.

-or-

Make the items unsellable!

edit: changed "agility gear" -to- "agility trinket ring or necklace"
changed "tank gear" -to- "tank trinket ring or necklace"
added "Druid rolls on rouge gear, wins"
added "Druid rolls on dps caster trinket ring or necklace, wins"

Additions added to point out that this particular hybrid has numerous options on need loot.
02/16/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Nidar
Please limit "Need" rolls to current spec only,

Other than the Need+ Role bonus in the Raid Finder, the current loot system has no concept of "spec", so it isn't currently possible for this to happen.

Blizzard's developers have said that the systems for Mists of Pandaria will have a better concept of role and spec (for example, being able to distinguish between enhancement and elemental Shaman DPS) - and that the loot systems will also make that distinction.

For now, you're going to have to wait until that is in place. As more details about the expansion are announced, you can (and should) leave your comments about them.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
Pahanda i know you're doing "The right thing" by moving this post from Customer Support to here..

But you might as well just hit the Delete button to be honest.. I think most of the regulars are pretty sick of seeing these types of messages :3

Pahanda i know you're doing "The right thing" by moving this post from Customer Support to here..

But you might as well just hit the Delete button to be honest.. I think most of the regulars are pretty sick of seeing these types of messages :3

Pahanda is not a Blizzard employee and didn't move the thread (he can't), the thread was moved here by a Blizzard employee because this is where it belongs.
I'm not gonna lie

It was aggravating. Was...

I dont understand why you care if a druid wins leather and a hunter doesn't get it? If a hunter does get it he's just hurting himself anyways. Unless he's upgrading from a wrath piece...

I sense you want a maelstrom crystal? Ok, fine...not hard to get though? I run LFR to cap half my vp's and the other half I run dungeons. Out of those 4 dungeons I do, I end up with at least 3-4 maelstroms on average. If you want maelstroms than that I sense greed.
Why would this post need removal???

Is it because this stuff happens all the time and its ok for healers to screw over DPS? I mean 2 weeks in a row restoration druids block me from getting the trinket I need.

It really is sickening to be honest, that healers and tanks can abuse the rolling system. And for someone like you, Another Hybrid class that probably ninja's loot yourself.

Pahanda is not a Blizzard employee and didn't move the thread (he can't), the thread was moved here by a Blizzard employee because this is where it belongs.

Ooops.. i thought MVP's could move threads.. :P
I'm not gonna lie

I dont understand why you care if a druid wins leather and a hunter doesn't get it? If a hunter does get it he's just hurting himself anyways. Unless he's upgrading from a wrath piece...

I sense you want a maelstrom crystal? Ok, fine...not hard to get though? I run LFR to cap half my vp's and the other half I run dungeons. Out of those 4 dungeons I do, I end up with at least 3-4 maelstroms on average. If you want maelstroms than that I sense greed.

No, not leather gear he is referring to trinkets that healers and tanks ninja loot trinkets that they don't even need. The option to "Need" on an item should only be used for main spec and they abuse that mechanic because they can. And something needs to be done.
02/16/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Pathemal
I mean 2 weeks in a row restoration druids block me from getting the trinket I need.

No they roll on loot they are also eligible for and win, making you run another week to get the trinket you WANT.

There is no such thing as a Ninja in WoW.

And really it's just loot it'll drop again I promise.
Why would this post need removal???

Is it because this stuff happens all the time and its ok for healers to screw over DPS? I mean 2 weeks in a row restoration druids block me from getting the trinket I need.

It really is sickening to be honest, that healers and tanks can abuse the rolling system. And for someone like you, Another Hybrid class that probably ninja's loot yourself.

No it needs removable because there's like 10 friggen threads related to this topic on the front page alone.

And it's always the same.

People post recycled topics more then Blizzard Recycles instances..

And yeah you're right i ninja loot all the time.. get over yourself not everyone who plays this game is a total dbag

<<<<--------NIDAR posting on alt

maybe I should be abusing it with my druid, but I choose not to.

Blizzard needs to fix this abuse now, not when next expansion comes out.
I'm not gonna lie

No, not leather gear he is referring to trinkets that healers and tanks ninja loot trinkets that they don't even need. The option to "Need" on an item should only be used for main spec and they abuse that mechanic because they can. And something needs to be done.

Well first of all you can't "ninja" loot in this game, it isn't possible. Also care to show me the rule that says you can only need an item if it is for your main spec? Go ahead we will wait...

Well first of all you can't "ninja" loot in this game, it isn't possible. Also care to show me the rule that says you can only need an item if it is for your main spec? Go ahead we will wait...

Blizzard does take abuse seriously, that is why Im not concerned with troll opinions.
Hi Barfus, can I join in this thread?
02/16/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Alderenton
Blizzard does take abuse seriously, that is why Im not concerned with troll opinions.

Troll != telling me something I don't want to hear.

Blizzard has stated on many occasions that If someone is eligible to roll on loot they can. They have also stated there is no such thing as a Ninja. Pahanda told you they are working on a smarter system for 5.0. And honestly two weeks you lost a piece of loot? That's not a whole lot of effort put in.

As I said it will drop again.
being as 6/10 classes are hybrids yeah it makes sense. And that 2 of the 3 least played classes are pures again logic dictates.

Good thing that wasn't a troll opinion then right? Nothing was abused, the rule is that if you can roll need on an item then you are allowed to. It doesn't matter why, there is no such thing as "you can only roll need if it is for your main spec, or if your name begins with a J". The rule according to Blizzard is that if the need button lights up, then you can use it. Period.
And Pathemal, if a resto druid won your trinket 2 weeks in a row, they weren't queued as resto bud.
02/16/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Pathemal
Hi Barfus, can I join in this thread?

Man this thread is attracting a ton of Hybrid classes who are the reason this is being posted.

Interesting.

Wait when did I become a hybrid class?!?