Increase the drop rate of certain items in DS

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
My guild had been raiding DS since it came out. We have yet to see Cunning of the Cruel drop 1 time. We have seen Insignia of a Corrupted Mind 1 time. And we have seen Will of Unbinding drop 1 time. Cunning of the Cruel is suppsed to have a decent chance of dropping on like all of the bosses yet we have not had it drop once? I find that kind of messed up. Our Casters will still be using Fireland Trinks when MOP drops on the shelves and it is not very fair. Maybe it drops more on 25 man but us 10 man groups should not be punished by running 10 man. Or maybe our guild just has super bad luck but regardless they should drop more because the DPS difference is huge between someone with BIS trinks and someone who has been grinding weekly and never see them drop.
Random is random and each run resets the chance.
You would also want to post this in Dungeons and Raids as CS doesn't handle suggestions or loot RNG.
slight derail as others have posted the correct info.

Your name... it's awesome :D
The only thing they need to increase the drop rate of is the mount off normal madness. 5 kills and havent seen one yet. The whole point of 2 different mounts(one for normal one for heroic) was to differentiate the kill. The heroic one is 100% but normal is not.
slight derail as others have posted the correct info.

Your name... it's awesome :D

Agreed... Awesome name! :D

I think the OP understands the RNG and luck. I believe what they are trying to say is that the items in question should have their drop rate increased so that they have a bit more of a chance to drop.

OP you will want to post that suggestion over in Dungeons and Raids like Diamora suggested. That way the Devs can see the idea and discussion.

Edit: or the sneeky panda can move it over here while I'm typing... >.<
2% drops are idiocy. There's no reason for them to be so low.
Its the side effect of a rushed raid with only 8 bosses, and 5 of those bosses wasting a loot slot on tier. This tier may very well have the worst loot system ever.
02/14/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Squeakydevil
The only thing they need to increase the drop rate of is the mount off normal madness. 5 kills and havent seen one yet. The whole point of 2 different mounts(one for normal one for heroic) was to differentiate the kill. The heroic one is 100% but normal is not.

The mount drop seems different for every guild. We got our 5th mount in 8 kills last night, but other guilds haven't seen any.

Seems its the same as anything else, albeit a bit more rare.
I have seen Cunning drop twice, and I believe it has less then 1% drop rate according to mobile armory when you click the item. It will not be something you see often.
02/14/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Freohr

Gotta get raiders to run LFR somehow brotato.

Blizz puts a lot of items on boss loot tables that seem to serve the only purpose of lowering the drop rate of items people will want far more often. Why else would the DS loot tables be filled 20 different types of boots and bracers when equal gear can easily be bought with gold or VP? Or how about all the non-trinket drops from spine? Was anyone clamoring for another pair of cloth caster gloves?
02/14/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Freohr

The reason that the drop rate on these trinkets is not "idiotic," at least in my opinion, is that there are three trinkets available for each spec: one off Spine, one that drops off a specific boss, and one off the shared loot list.

Also, 2% isn't as low as it seems. With 6 chances to drop, you have an 11.4% chance to see a specific trinket drop in a 6/8 clear, if 2% is an accurate number.
The 2% drop rate on the rings is way too low. :( No other healer ring besides the valor one so I'm still using the stupid Firelands rep ring in the other slot.
I agree about the rings, though. The logic used for the trinkets does not apply there, at least when you're looking at heroic loot.

This is where Blizzard is entirely incompetent. It's almost like they wanted to have 3 options for rings as well, but one of those options turned out to be the upgraded 410 versions of the valor rings that never made it into the game. They did the same thing in Firelands, too.

edit: But hey, at least you have an option as a priest! The agi ring has expertise on it, which I have been told is not a very good hunter stat. What is ironic, however, is that it is still BIS because of the extra stats and better socket bonus.
I got Cunning of the Cruel this week's 10-man raid (off Morchok, I think). I cannot recall it dropping on any other occasion, so I feel lucky to have it.
Still waiting to see Cunning. I keep rolling the dice though. :-)
Our first Spine kill dropped Will of Unbinding, first H Yorshaj kill dropped H Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, still haven't seen a single Vial of Shadows though. Rng is rng.
The reason that the drop rate on these trinkets is not "idiotic," at least in my opinion, is that there are three trinkets available for each spec: one off Spine, one that drops off a specific boss, and one off the shared loot list.

Also, 2% isn't as low as it seems. With 6 chances to drop, you have an 11.4% chance to see a specific trinket drop in a 6/8 clear, if 2% is an accurate number.

The alternatives aren't as absurdly good for multiple targets though. CotC would have been absolutely massive for H Yor'sahj progression, but of course it hasn't dropped in any difficulty yet. There's also the part where the absurd scaling (15% from spec passive, 2% from Demonic Pact, 70+% when Meta's up) that makes it bar none the best trinket available for me.

Having such a vital upgrade practically nonexistent is pointless. The rings aren't nearly as gamechanging as the trinkets are (but even then, 2% is pretty dumb)
02/14/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Stardrake
Our first Spine kill dropped Will of Unbinding, first H Yorshaj kill dropped H Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, still haven't seen a single Vial of Shadows though. Rng is rng.

WoU and IotCM aren't 2% drops though. I'm fine with RNG, within reason.