February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

General Discussion
Prev 1 39 40 41 76 Next
02/16/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Tolazytolvl
But that means you cant use both crippling and wound. So i can slow them down or let them heal for mega heal what a choice.

As I understand it you get one lethal and one non-lethal per weapon and if you take deadly brew you can choose two other utilities other than crippling.
Does anyone know what our glyph number will be at level 90?

Are we going to end up with 10 (A central glyph almost like a meta gem, something that was proposed w/the Path of Titans system)

Or will be getting 1 of each of the glyphs we already have? 4x3 = 12

Or yet to be determined.

It might be helpful if a list was compiled of glyphs, spells, abilities and talents that were definitely going to be removed from the game. It might help us get a wider perspective.
02/16/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Poplolita
Something bugs me about the new fel flame change. What's the point of refreshing corruption if it's already an instant cast?

Lack of damage dealt when refreshing corruption manually?
I miss rend already. :'(
Mind you all of the below is mostly from a PvP perspective.

Warrior
  • Level 15 Tier: Depending on the way Double Time is implemented I think Juggernaut is going to be the most favorable. If the CD on Double Time starts after the first charge then it will be a great choice as well.

Warbringer in its current state doesn't seem to be as good as the other options as it only adds 1.5 sec to the normal stun from charge. Seeing as it is quite different to the last version I guess the dev team is still working on the best way to do it, so here are a few ideas I have come up with. I'll word the ideas in a way I think the tooltip for it would read.

• Idea 1: Your charge also knocks down all enemies between you and your target for 3 sec.

• Idea 2: Your charge can now be used without a target and has no minimum range. If an enemy is in your parth you will grab and carry them 30 yards away. If an obstacal is hit while carrying an enemy they are stunned for 5 sec.

• Idea 3: Your charge now breaks you out of roots and make you immune to root and snare effects for 3 sec.

A variation of the second idea would be preferable to me as it adds a new gameplay mehcanic for warriors which is always nice to see.

• Level 30 Tier: Only thing I would change is to maybe have a glyph or something that can lower the CD on Enraged Regeneration by 15 to 30 sec. Or possibly allow other enrage effects gained to lower the CD of Enraged Regeneration by 10 sec up to 50% of its total cooldown. That would make Vigilance and even more viable option

• Level 45 Tier: I'm not so sure about Staggering Shout, because our only snare(unless Cripple returns) is hamstring which only lasts for 8 sec so it would be hard to root several targets on our own with this. If Cripple becomes baseline then this talent is great as is. Piercing Howl is always a great choice, and I am looking forward to the extended lockouts I can perform with the use of Disrupting Shout.

• Level 60 Tier: Can't wait to try out Avatar, but I think all are viable choices depending on your situation. I'd imagine this talent will be frequently changed for most warriors.

• Level 75 Tier: Mass Spell Reflection will be invaluable in arena for helping to keeping your healers out of CC. No need to let this be used with a 2 hander as people have mentioned. It is already possible to swap to a sword and board in combat, and spell reflection doesn't require defensive stance. It is going to be nice to be able to get out of roots on your own with Safeguard, and Vigilance's usefulness in pvp will depend on the enrage effect that is granted.

• Level 90 Tier: Not sure of the usefullness of Bloodbath here, will have to see it in action. I think it will be a choice between Storm Bolt or Deadly Calm depending on if you have choosen Shockwave or not.

Well that is my two cents, hope some people agree with my thoughts.
02/16/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Peacepriest
It might be helpful if a list was compiled of glyphs, spells, abilities and talents that were definitely going to be removed from the game. It might help us get a wider perspective.

gotta agree on that one...

One ability in that list should be: Smoke Bomb ;-)
Woah, woah, woah...where did Killing Spree go for rogues? Please tell me this ability will still be in the game. It's one of my most often used abilities and it really helps to get an extra quick bit of DPS in on mobs anywhere from NPC's to players in PvP. (Also excellent for finishing off targets quickly) I'm going to be pissed if it's been removed.
02/16/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Darrenblood
Woah, woah, woah...where did Killing Spree go for rogues? Please tell me this ability will still be in the game. It's one of my most often used abilities and it really helps to get an extra quick bit of DPS in on mobs anywhere from NPC's to players in PvP. (Also excellent for finishing off targets quickly) I'm going to be pissed if it's been removed.

It's back to being Combat only.

I personally look forward to Shuriken combined with Deadly Toss for those annoying air-phase fights. Though, with how !@#$ty I am at my Rogue's rotation, I'll probably end up using Anticipation always.
Lol Alright, well I'm Combat so that works fine for me. I just didn't see it on the tree for a minute there and started getting a bit worried. Haha thanks :)
Here's the process:

• The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
  • The target cannot be another Druid.
  • The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
  • The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
  • The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
  • Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
  • Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
  • For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
  • The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
  • The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
  • Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)

How's all that look in a macro? Hopefully you don't have to have some kind of gianormous list of the possible spells you could end up with. And obviously it can't all be just "/cast Symbiosis" since that wouldn't let you distinguish between casting the spell on a teammate and using a beneficial spell you get from them. One spell name for the druid casting on a teammate, another spell name for the druid casting any spell they receive, another spell name that everyone else can use to activate their druid spell?
    Would you stop cornering enhancement shamans into using flame tongue for an offhand and relying on searing flames stacks.

As the calculator stands, Lava Lash does 130% offhand weapon damage if not affected by SF or FT, which means when in pvp and I'm chasing a holy paladin with frostbrand on to stay on him Lava Lash is going to do a grand total of 65% weapon damage (130% x .50 (offhand modifier).

Look I know people are crazy about Ascendency or w/e, but Enhance just crawled out of a !@#$ing ditch for pvp, I'm not going back in there. Would you rework our talents / skills, we're completely bound to totems still after there was this grand promise to really slim it down into useful ones.

Instead we've lost some of the best utility totems in this talent calculator for garbage, honestly where is the Earthern Power upgrade for Earthbind Totem? Winwalk totem? how about we just keep ghostwolf like it is, with 15% speed boost in human form as well. Astral Shift, great another way for Elemental to dig a hole vs melee it can never get out of.

---------

As an avid warrior player all I have to say is Ice Ward in the Mage tier 3 is broken, fix it or remove it, I almost quit this season because of perma roots, not dealing with it again.
    02/16/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Hankscorpio
    Holy Paladin: Rebirth

Is that really useful for 10 man raiding, given the 1 BRez per attempt restriction?

What if the Druid dies??
    Ember Tap. What does it cost? What is the cooldown? It's too good to be true that we have an instant minor heal with no CD and mana cost.
    02/16/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Masonic

Is that really useful for 10 man raiding, given the 1 BRez per attempt restriction?

What if the Druid dies??

I guess that depends if the buff is lost, or the target retains it.

What if the Druid dies??

Should be retained through death.

Should be retained through death.

I didn't read confirmation either way.