February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

General Discussion
Prev 1 65 66 67 76 Next
I have read through 40 pages so far and still have not found an answer or comment that clarifies 2 things regarding the rogue talents.

1) Has recuperate been completely removed? I understand the healing properties of Leeching Poison but what about recuperate? Where is it?

2) Shadowstep and Preparation are vital talents for the subtlety spec in pvp. We need to be able to access both talents.

Thank you
02/22/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Maleficia
There should be an ability that consumes all available Embers at once. Why not bring Chaos Bolt back as an ability that does just that? Make it a long cooldown super-Soul-Fire or something.

Not a bad idea.

02/22/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Dubzwut
How will embers work with CC in pvp? Will a warlock storing 1 ember for CC protection be cleverly using game mechanics?

Excellent question! I'm curious about this too. Come to think of it, that mechanic alone might make warlocks the preferred kill target if you happen to be playing destruction and it's viable to begin with *crosses fingers*. I mean, if you can't CC the target, you might as well damage it.

02/22/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Tularian
Why do certain classes get tons of blue responses explaining every aspect of their new talent trees while others don't even get one response? It seems that has been the Blizzard attitude during Cata, they have a few favorite classes that they give lots of attention, then they just ignore the others. Why don't they just get rid of the classes they don't like anymore so they have less work to do?

Certain classes are undergoing much more significant revamps of how their mechanics work. It's just like when hunters, paladins, and DKs got a lot of attention in the Cataclysm beta because of their resource changes. I'm not surprised warlocks (among others) are getting more detailed information. This is a completely brand-new thing; not just to the class, but to the game.
I have read through 40 pages so far and still have not found an answer or comment that clarifies 2 things regarding the rogue talents.

1) Has recuperate been completely removed? I understand the healing properties of Leeching Poison but what about recuperate? Where is it?

2) Shadowstep and Preparation are vital talents for the subtlety spec in pvp. We need to be able to access both talents.

Thank you

1) It's right there still. Class ability, level 16, all specs.

2) Speaking as a Combat Rogue, suck and deal. Doing this both makes them available to other specs and dilutes Sub's advantage. If this means we can play other specs in PvP without being laughed at, I'm all for it. They're doing the same thing to Frost Mages.
all primary dps abilities will be in the classes specalizations, the talents provide flavor and benefits outside of dps, for example, T1 gives you mobility, T2 gives you survivability that you can chose from an on use ability with a low effect with low CD, a passive benefit, or an on use ability with large benefit (likely for burn phases) on a longer CD

T3 provides aoe utility for adds, with the option of being a snare, a root, or an interupt (which will likely be useable to interupt the bosses 'death cast')

T4 has dps options as each ability does damage, shockwave is low damage on low CD, with some utility, avitar is decent CD with a X% damage boost, and some utility, and blade storm is a good AoE damage boost with mobility utility

T5 provides great raid utility, for example, you notice your tank is dangerously low in hp, you chose enraged regeneration (T2) and vigelance (T5), you can now sheild wall, enraged regen, and then vigelance your tank, and give your healers a little breathring rooim to heal him back up, whilke you are taking reduced damage because you are healing yourself and taking less damage because of sheild wall, while only taking 30% of your tanks damage (which means you will be easy to heal up through raid heal hots)

T6 is a dps boost

warrior talents are not bad, just rememebr that your damage 'talents' are now in your specalizations and baseline in the abilitys that are specific for that specalization

Let me see... T1 - we have it on Cataclism - so nothing change to MoP
T2- Survibility We need choose between 3 skill what we have now.. Good change!!
T3 - AoE roots - with dismish return on pvp? and we have Hamstring. 10 yrds silence, why? we have pummel with gag order what improve heroic throw too
T4 - Avatar: We lose death wish so.. we just got imune imparing efects because the improve damage we have it
T5 - Vigilance - just for tank... transfer 30% of damage
Mass reflection - warrior arms or fury with shield hit so soft and the cd is so huge to little efect.
Safeguard - Tanks dont use this today on cataclysm why we will want this on MoP?
T6 - ok

Warrior never had a CC, or something to help him on other stance if he change.. like if he change to defensive a some effect from arms still work or gain something usefull. I dont asking for more damage to warrior, just make the play skill more chalenger or just more fun.

your undervaluing he abilities your given

vigilance isnt just for tanks, if yoour a dps and on a burn phase, put it on one of your healers, cause if they live but you die, they can still help keep up the rest of the raid

mass reflection is good, because you can switch weapons IN COMBAT, meaning you put a shield on when the neemy is about to do a aoe volly ability, you use it, all the damage goes back ot the target, then you switch back to your origional weapon(s) for your dps

as a dps, if yuou see your tank is low, and your near full hp, try poping shield wall and intercepting the next attack on the tank, after that he takes educed damage for a period of time (or you could use this on a healer durring a burn phase)

you see talens and say, what can i do with that to benefit myself
i see talents and say, what can i do to make that benefit my group

try thinking of your group as your team, cause without them, you wouldnt be killing anything in any raid, one dps or tank cant do much in a raid, its the group effort that counts
the new chaso bolt
-consumes 10 embers to use

2 min CD

deals 100% intelect as damage plus all damage recieved by hte warlock from burning embers over the past 15 seconds, this effect will go through all absorbtion effects and will negate all immunities

if this ability hits a target below 20% hp, the warlock is healed for 150% the damage the burning embers has done to him in the past 15 seconds
I prefer the talent tiers where you can get access to abilities that used to be outside your talent tree since the talent tree became so rigid. Mage is a good example of this.

But there are still some tiers where specific class specs are losing access to current useful abilities. For example: Feral Druids will either lose normal speed Prowl thanks to Feline Swiftness or lose the ability to get in position via Wild Charge/Feral Charge. Movement is critical for Feral DPS, (with positional requirements).

IMO, the MoP Talent Tiers with a maximum of 6 choices (because some choices will be no-brainer) feels more cookie cutter and simplistic than Wrath. Different but not exciting except for some who PvP.
Thank You Kaivax
A couple blue posts on Destro and still not a single mention of Chaos Bolt? No Lock wants this spell removed.
02/22/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Golbat
A couple blue posts on Destro and still not a single mention of Chaos Bolt? No Lock wants this spell removed.

As long as they steal the animation for Soul Fire from it, I'm fine with that. Right now it brings very little in the way of useful or distinctive abilities to us. If my signature trick as Destro is to throw out a deadly blast of green demonic flame and other players learn to know and fear it, who cares if it's called Chaos Bolt or Soul Fire.
02/22/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Ilkoland

As long as they steal the animation for Soul Fire from it, I'm fine with that. Right now it brings very little in the way of useful or distinctive abilities to us. If my signature trick as Destro is to throw out a deadly blast of green demonic flame and other players learn to know and fear it, who cares if it's called Chaos Bolt or Soul Fire.

I guess I just don't understand why it needs to even be removed considering how simple Destruction sounds. Immo, Conflag on cd, spam incinerate, cast SF every now and then.
Why are you making Destro locks into an odd version of ranged rogue? There are issues warlocks have wanted addressed, this is true, but do you really think that completely changing the feel of a class from a caster to

"Our hope is that the Destruction Warlock will attract players who are interested in a playstyle that rewards spending resources at the right time, rather than constantly casting."

which is essentially a rogue, is a good plan? I have been a warlock my whole time in WoW. I have stuck to it through many odd changes, but this just does not sound fun or appealing. Please stop completely revamping my class every time I turn around.
I can't remember if someone already mentioned this question, but will Burning Embers also deal damage to your pet if you have the Soul Link talent?

If so, it seems like there's a supremely good synergy between Soul Leech and Soul Link mitigating the health losses for destro; almost too good (i.e. - mandatory).

On that note, with the Grimoire of Service talent, will the second demon be capable of being Soul Linked as well? That's an extremely strong survival cooldown if that's the case. As someone pointed out before, the second demon (if it's another Imp) could also increase the Destructive Influence buildup to instant-Soul Fires as well.

I love the synergy possibilities. I just worry that some of them are so good that we won't be able to deviate from that one choice.
double posted error
02/22/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Dorunrun
Unless I'm missreading the abilities for hunters, lol they are going to be scary in pvp now.

not really, the bugs and clunky design flaws that plauge 1/2 of our abilitier will still remain, and thats what has been holding hunters back in pvp, it takes us 2.5 GCDs to effectively trap some1 (trap launcher activated, scatter shot, then the trap itself (with having to aime it) and thats under the best reflex conditions

02/22/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Dorunrun
Unless I'm missreading the abilities for hunters, lol they are going to be scary in pvp now.
o btw, im not trying to insult you, but you are geming wrong, and your in need of reforging out of hit rating because you are over hit cap by almost 2% (waisted stats)

if you want specific help, ask an ill try to give you pointers, but you could inprove your performance with proper gem and reforging, its nto a big deal for a casual alt toon, but if you want help, just ask
02/22/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Alfavhunter
o btw, im not trying to insult you, but you are geming wrong, and your in need of reforging out of hit rating because you are over hit cap by almost 2% (waisted stats)

if you want specific help, ask an ill try to give you pointers, but you could inprove your performance with proper gem and reforging, its nto a big deal for a casual alt toon, but if you want help, just ask

Not really on-topic (or solicited, for that matter). Send a PM or use class-specific forums if you want to discuss gearing. It's easy to derail threads from pertinent discussion when we start critiquing players' current configurations alongside MoP feedback.
I like the new abilities, but I hope for more. Within the 5 levels we gained in Cata, we had 3 new abilities w/ some new talents. I hope to see the same at least and I'm sure you are.

Regarding the new ability for Shamans at lv 87, IT'S !@#$ING EPIC! But, I feel that the enhancement part needs to have something else to make up for lava lash because otherwise we'll be using [bla]shock then just waiting for a while on CD and lets not forget that lava lash also does a cleave effect now with flame shock, and I think it's a little overdone IMO. No other class has anything like that, so maybe make it a talent and have some equally good ones to go with it, or make it a lv 90 ability may balance it out.

Regarding the actual talents themselves: I think they're all ok but aren't really melee friendly. lv 15, ancestral shift can obviously be used a lot by enhance shammys when shamanistic rage is on CD, but the rest aren't too usefull on dps for enhance (if i'm just being dumb plz correct me by showing). lv 30: frozen power could be usefull for offensive and defensive in pvp, but not really useful in PVE, and the rooting totem is good if you're retreating but the point of the new talents is to keep you from having to do that. lv 45: not a lot wrong with this tier, but totems generally only have a 1 min CD so not much good. lv 60 these are all mainly caster abilities, haste is the only one but not too usefull. lv 75: once again, not too offensive in fact more for support than anything. lv 90: I hope you do something epic :)

TY for your time :D
Need information on what 'Lava Beam' is from the Elemental Ascendance!!!

/target Kaivax
/cast Banana

/merge Banana;Icecream=Smoothie
tanking is not fun its a job!( its plain and simple either you keep your team alive or you dont.) there is no fun in being forced to run around manage all kinds of stupid cooldowns and worry about an emergency button or ability thats called stress! Why are you developers so daft when it comes to fun.
it was fun in pvp as blood spec you yanked that away and made it completely dull boring and un-fun.
In life you developers seem to be failing. If your job is to make the game not fun for tanks guess what your doing it damn well.
As a tank we dont want to manage resources we want to blast stuff to pieces and keep it off our group end of story. so stop being noobs and un nerf the tanks damage so we can go back to having fun in pvp!

You don't speak for the masses man. I have been a tank for about 3 years straight, and I actually enjoy tanking. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it anymore, plain and simple. Just because YOU don't like tanking doesn't mean NOBODY enjoys tanking. Maybe you should go DPS instead, and have someone else tank. I mean, why on EARTH would you pay money to play something you don't think is fun.