Loss Of PvE!?!? & WoW 2!!??

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
02/16/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Elbeghast
My primary goal when logging into World of Warcraft isn't to be the best.

Then you need to be vote-kicked in every instance you join...because you aren't helping your group,with that attitude.

If you play this game every day with the aim of being better progression than Paragon, then I have to say you're doing a remarkably poor job of it.

I would flip BC and Wrath, TBH. Shat is more chocolatey and Dalaran is very pink and purple.
Either way it's still Neopolitan.

I prefer spumoni D:
I think MoP would make a good pistachio...
02/16/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Ironicirony
Nonetheless, Zarhym, isn't the entire point of the MoP talent system that, for most practical purposes, optimal or viable specs will no longer exist? Shouldn't this hypothetical "kid" be ideally able to randomly press buttons and come up with a viable talent load-out which only differs from others in subjective "fun value"?

Sort of. I wasn't really interested in entertaining the OP's argument though, because the kid* who blindly chooses a potentially viable build isn't going to blindly know how to play the class well.

*Referring to the usage of the word in the OP's post, which I presume is defined as someone who should be too young to figure out how a WoW class is successfully played.
02/16/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Ironicirony
Nonetheless, Zarhym, isn't the entire point of the MoP talent system that, for most practical purposes, optimal or viable specs will no longer exist? Shouldn't this hypothetical "kid" be ideally able to randomly press buttons and come up with a viable talent load-out which only differs from others in subjective "fun value"?
so i have been playing this game since vanilla didnt start raiding till BC, talking with allot of fellow Pver's and there has been allot of talk that blizz is going to reduce the amount of pve in the next expansion... wow gear with no stats to make players equal, & a tree that my kids could pick out. cant we all agree that its the strive to be the best and or to be better is what Really keeps us playing this game? if it comes to be and i bust my a** and at the end of the day im not any better then the 8 year old that started playing yesterday, i will Stop playing this game! along with many other people...

on that note there has also been talk of a world of warcraft 2, hmm now this sounds like a good idea with a great focus on PvE wouldnt this help solve everyones PvP / PvE problems? maybe a Prequel? there has been so much lore that has been skipped the possibilites for this could be endless, now how could we merge this? maybe we have a main char, we will go with mine i have a 85 human priest lets say wow2 has a "Family Tree" or "Bloodline" option that gave people that have been playing wow an incentive to make a new char which would some how increase the stats of your "new" or would really be the ancestor of your current char.. hmm maybe a focuse before and around when the blood elves became blood elves.. how would Eldre'Thalas, Temple of Atal'Hakkar or Caer Darrow look before now? the list could go on! as said before Blizz Skipped Alot of Lore!!!!

you have a lot uneducated takes, here.
02/16/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
No, the point of gear with no stats is not to make players equal. IN ADDITION to the PvE gear progression you typically see in dungeon and raid tiers, in Mists we're adding PvE Challenges to award cosmetic-only sets. These sets aren't meant to replace items/sets from dungeons and raids that increase your character's power. They're meant to be hard to get, entirely optional, and another way for characters to distinguish themselves from others through their accomplishments.

So the idea behind players being rewarded based on the efforts is basically being tossed to the side now? It at least appears that way with features like LFR which allows players to go afk and intentionally leach off of other players and collect rewards that improve their "power," while the new challenge modes which require effort from each individual player working together as a team just rewards cosmetic items and if your just a five man player that means your still behind the person who AFKs in LFR.

Just one of the factors that has players dismayed at the direction the developers are taking the game.
02/16/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Tianjan

Then you need to be vote-kicked in every instance you join...because you aren't helping your group,with that attitude.

There are quite a few people who don't set out to be the best but manage to do an excellent job. It isn't all about being better than the next person. It's about having a good time. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm pretty sure he was just joking, so many people are taking that quote to be serious 0_0;
Either way it's still Neopolitan.

I prefer spumoni D:
I think MoP would make a good pistachio...
I did the Cate= Nuts because so many people thought it was "crazy bad", and the MoP as "Whipped Cream" because so many think it will be too Kiddie or "fluffy", but as with any "sundae", make yours to your own liking.

:)
02/16/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Hellpower
If you weren't interested in his argument, maybe responding to it was a bad idea? Just sayin.

Interested in clearing up the misinformation maybe - there's so much of it on the forums it helps to get some clarity sometimes, even if it's in random outbursts, lol XD
Of all the posts to spend time answering ... xD
02/16/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Hellpower
If you weren't interested in his argument, maybe responding to it was a bad idea? Just sayin.

He did it strictly for the entertainment value. Now shooosh, you!

No, the point of gear with no stats is not to make players equal. IN ADDITION to the PvE gear progression you typically see in dungeon and raid tiers, in Mists we're adding PvE Challenges to award cosmetic-only sets. These sets aren't meant to replace items/sets from dungeons and raids that increase your character's power. They're meant to be hard to get, entirely optional, and another way for characters to distinguish themselves from others through their accomplishments.

Will you be selling better looking versions in the Blizzard store?

I would support them selling cosmetic sets in the store that don't look anything like the dungeon challenge sets.
02/16/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Slapdance
Of all the posts to spend time answering ... xD

well im enjoying the conversation here, even have some popcorn with me :P
02/16/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Blacksavior

So the idea behind players being rewarded based on the efforts is basically being tossed to the side now? It at least appears that way with features like LFR which allows players to go afk and intentionally leach off of other players and collect rewards that improve their "power," while the new challenge modes which require effort from each individual player working together as a team just rewards cosmetic items and if your just a five man player that means your still behind the person who AFKs in LFR.

Just one of the factors that has players dismayed at the direction the developers are taking the game.

If players are all going afk in LFR as you say than they wouldn't even get past the first boss. Stop spewing this misinformation. The few that do go afk or cause wipes are immediately kicked.
OP hasn't read any of the news about wow by him/herself. This is why you shouldn't talk about something you're not informed of, because you look ridiculous. The proper thing to do is to go to Blizz's page or google, read what there is to it, or ask on the forums what the content of the new expansion is and what blizz's anouncements are or where they can read about them, and then, once you have more than rumors, more than the hearsay of the hearsay of the hearsay, you can commentate on things. Nothing is less useful than an uninformed opinion.

So the idea behind players being rewarded based on the efforts is basically being tossed to the side now? It at least appears that way with features like LFR which allows players to go afk and intentionally leach off of other players and collect rewards that improve their "power", while the new challenge modes which require effort from each individual player working together as a team just rewards cosmetic rewards.

You make this claim as though the Raid Finder is synonymous with Heroic raids, in terms of providing the highest quality gear in the game. That's not the case. Even with Raid Finder and PvE Challenges in Mists of Pandaria, the best sets in the game (stat-wise) will still be rather difficult to obtain.

You'd have a really hard time arguing your last sentence on behalf of the entire playerbase. I could argue there are players who are dismayed right now that Peddlefeet's butt isn't as firm as it should be. Is that a larger argument about "the direction the developers are taking the game"?