New Warsong Gulch cheat.

Battlegrounds
Tonight two goblins used their racial in Warsong Gulch to rocket jump from the roof to the lamps above the cap. The shaman kept grounding totem up but it was unnecessary. Even when the grounding totem was down deathgrip failed on the warrior.

I am explaining how they did this because I honestly want to see more goblins do this. If it is done enough maybe Blizz will do something about it. If not then it only proves how little they pay attention to pvp.

As it is we still have the flag cap bug that started with 4.3
pvp in wow is lame, perhaps the lamest of all the mmos out besides MAYBE dcuo
02/17/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Tobiastomp
How is this a cheat?
Getting to places you aren't intended to normally path to is considered cheating.

See also: The roof of the stables in AB for six years.
How is this a cheat?
Getting to places you aren't intended to normally path to is considered cheating.

See also: The roof of the stables in AB for six years.

^ Also seen people on top of the DR node/the poles near the node in EoTs, nfi how they got up there.

Basically it'll make you more or less immune to melee, and often when in places like atop poles, on the lamps above the WSG flag, the player(s) up there will be effectively immune to death grip, the only way to get them down other than jumping off the roof and hoping a thunderstorm/typhoon hits them mid-air if you're ele/boomkin.

Another WSG one was wall jumping up to a little spot on the outside of the alliance base, and just sitting up there untouchable by melee unless they carefully wall jump up to meet you, by which time they're probably dead or just about dead.

This particular one - grab flag - rocket jump to lamp - immune to melee - cy@
I also saw someone doing this today. Sat up there and murdered our fc. Needs a fix, however i find myself doubting that anything will happen before MoP comes out based on past bugs that were ignored for far too long.
Blizzards Design philosophy after Greg Street became lead systems designer: "SFTU NOOBS AND GIVES US MONEY" or my favorite one by Ghostcrawler "L2P SCRUBS AND GIVES US MONEY" you all remember that post around patch 4.1 I believe.

Point is Blizzard does not care for balance or fixing game bugs, they simply care about money and ways to get it.

I had an epiphany the other night:blizzards design philosophy is to keep the gamer playing and giving them goals that they more than likely will never reach ie:structured pvp and raiding.

The honor/jp/valor grind is there to keep you playing for as long as possible. Blizz says they cant do this or that with the abilities. That is a blatant lie, they fixed vengeance to where it would not proc if struck by a player character. Also CC is different for npc's and pc's.

That being said, if they wanted to they could remove resil and adjust abilities to do x amount of damage in pvp and y amount of dmg in pve. The beauty of all this is that we the players just buy what they say and go along like cattle and accept it for what is it.

Now the ironic part is we pay $15 a month along with pets and mounts from the store, also merchandise you buy from retail stores. Pvp balance is the worst i have seen it, high-end Pve is very cliquish and honestly I feel that I don't or haven't gotten the most out of the $40 for battle chest at the time, $40 for wrath at the time and the, $40 for cata at the time, $15 a month for 6 years, merchandise i have paid for and the 1 $25 mount I just got.

Total sum:$1165, now you could -25 and X that by about a few million and see where blizzard is at.

So to truely get any thing done the player base is going to have to show Blizzard who pays the bills if they really want things to change for the better.

/end rant

I imagine you could get there with disengage, though it would be a pretty tricky maneuver, and of course you have to be in combat to pull it off.
Could a priest jump in their direction and cast Psychic Scream, providing the goblin isn't a shaman with an active Tremor Totem?
Fear doesn't usually make you fall off of things. If anything it would probably make him run further up the log (shown in the video link).

You could try hitting them with a typhoon or tstorm from above?
02/18/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Phemoir
Fear doesn't usually make you fall off of things.

True. I wonder if all objects are programmed automatically with defined boundaries such that players cannot exceed them. Would this include all objects such as hanging lanterns?

I've seen Alliance players jump from their roof to their inside wall southwest of the flag stand, well above the floor and away from melee.
True. I wonder if all objects are programmed automatically with defined boundaries such that players cannot exceed them. Would this include all objects such as hanging lanterns?
It would be really interesting to see how they do their pathing.

I'm not sure how the boundaries work, but I know you can get feared ONTO places you can't normally walk. For example, there is a pile of logs up on the roof of the horde base. I've been feared up onto the logs (the logs that overlook the hole that is above the ramp that goes to the mid-platform level), but you can't normally walk onto them.
.L( )..
.....^.
P| |
...F...
P = platform overlooking the flag room
F = flag bay
L = logs
() = hole that looks down into the room with the ramp that leads to the platform
^ door out of flag room that leads to room with hole in the roof and the platform and the two exits to "up top"
You can shadowstep to the platform, hunters can disengage there, so it is technically accessible to both sides, but much more so for horde.

The downside is that you are complete skeet. You get a priest in there and they will just mana burn your healer down.
02/18/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Phemoir
For example, there is a pile of logs up on the roof of the horde base. I've been feared up onto the logs (the logs that overlook the hole that is above the ramp that goes to the mid-platform level), but you can't normally walk onto them.

I've never seen that but would like to! I assume you could get down from the logs?

I also assume that a priest could use Mind Control on the goblin if the lantern isn't too far from, say, the platform overlooking the flag room (the "mezzanine" level).
02/18/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Piemaker
I also assume that a priest could use Mind Control on the goblin if the lantern isn't too far from, say, the platform overlooking the flag room (the "mezzanine" level).

A priest running with me was able to mc him down once from the roof but Deathgrip failed utterly and that was after I nailed his grounding totem with a deathcoil.

In a pug you simply may not have the right classes to kill someone in that spot. Which is why it is an exploit.
Dude Goblin Warr FC in rateds GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Same problem 4 years later