You said you wouldn't nerf DS blindly

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next

Because it is happening not even a month after the first nerf.

They haven't even given guilds a chance to really work on bosses without smashing the nerf bat again.

Four weeks, one month, same thing.

No, not the same thing.

They have barely given guilds the opportunity to work on hardmodes. The players that were able to clear Madness due to the 5% nerf are now getting into HMs.
Why is this even a problem now?

The buff exists, and it's going up.
We knew this was going to happen, exactly what happened with ICC.

So why is it an issue again?

The problem is that they said that THIS TIME they wouldn't just nerf the content every 2 weeks, unlike what they did previously. They said they would watch how people were doing and keep the raid at a reasonable difficulty so we don't get bored of just going in and hitting the loot pinatas. But they lied.

It's been four weeks.
And the stats on mmo champ seem to show that you are wrong.
You honestly should just quit man. You aren't going to like the next 6months or so if you're upset now. Just find a new game to hold yourself over until they start releasing MoP beta info and if you don't like what you read, don't come back. The game is going to go into heavy casual mode now because all of the hardcore's have pretty much already cleared everything and are now in farm mode/break time so hardcore's aren't being marketed to. We also aren't getting anymore content until MoP so you should just honestly take a break at least.
And once again, people are complaining about what the people outside their silly little circles do in a video game.
02/22/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Callaria
That was over 1 year ago...

Oh my gosh, 1 year ago? Those statements were made at the start of THIS expansion. We're not talking about ancient history here and everything that was posted in that blog is as true today as it was the day GC posted it. If it's not then they should have the intestinal fortitude to communicate with their players and let us know what the new design philosophy is and how many months can we expect it to last until some corporate bean counter changes it again.
02/22/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Tauradin
What you are reading are posts from people wanting to keep a challenge in this game. A challenge that will leave a sense of accomplishment behind when it is finally achieved.

You're presented with the ability to "keep it a challenge" that you CHOOSE not to use. That's not a hard to understand concept.

What fun is there playing a game when in 6 months the developers turn on godmode and let you wreck everything? I've never found that fun.

So doing the same thing over and over and over again, the same way, time and time again, is fun to you? And I wasn't aware that this was Godmode. I'm fairly sure you can still die, and wipe.

Now you say: Well down it before the nerfs come in.

I never said that. I understand that with people's variable schedules and whatnot, things can and do happen that may impede progress. That said, guess what? If you shut off the nerf, it's exactly the same as playing it before the nerf was ever implemented. We're already long past the stage where the top end guilds have done it. The competition is over.

I say: Why does Blizzard want me to rush through the game? So I stop playing sooner? That goes against everything Blizzard. Loot is RNG so you play longer. Content gets gated so you play longer.

Maybe they don't want you to rush it? Maybe they wanted to present you with the option to ease up a bit? A, like I previously stated, OPTION, not REQUIREMENT.

Keep the challenge in the game, allow people to be excited when they down a heroic boss; not relieved.

The challenge didn't leave. YOU are REFUSING to accept that challenge, because you have an easier path that you can take. That sounds like a YOU issue, not a game issue.
02/22/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Savario
Blues, when did "see the content" become "get the highest item level of gear"?

So much this.

It's already a crappy situation in the game if you're on realms that are still actively going for the realm first of heroic madness. You expect any guild in their right mind when something like this is presented to them to turn off the buff? You can't have a server first title system in place and this at the same time, it doesn't work. If they made it so you can't get the buff and get the title at the same time, that would help. But it's much too late for them to do that.

Not to mention, you do content you have no business of beating with a % buff, after a few weeks you get gear you really shouldn't have had access to, you turn off the buff, the gear doesn't magically go away. You're aware of this, right?

You'd have a valid point if NO ONE anywhere had already downed 8/8 HM.

It's doable without the buff because other people have done it with LESS gear than people have who are trying right now.

But here's the problem.

Take my realm for example. We killed 5 of 8 before the buff, we killed 6 of 8 a few weeks ago. Two other guilds on our server are in the same position, but we're a 25 man guild, compared to their 10 man efforts. All three have the shot at the realm first achievement for their guild, something that can actively help recruiting in the future with an expansion about to hit.

A nerf comes out, but only if you select it. Is anyone in any of these three guilds going to turn it off? Hell no, it would be suicide to. Quite literally in terms of guild recruitment for the future. That's the issue here.

It doesn't matter if you have this buff or not. When Deathwing is killed for the first time on your server, an achievement will be given out. This is regardless of having the buff or not. Knowing this, it's in your best interest to kill it as fast as possible, so no, if Blizz gives a nerf, no one in their right mind would turn it off. What Blizzard has done is the ultimate lie here: A choice that isn't one, if you stop and think for 2 seconds.

EDIT: And you people comparing world rankings to server ranking are equally silly and don't understand the issue here, and are probably not willing to, so why are you even in this thread?

Four weeks, one month, same thing.

No, not the same thing.

They have barely given guilds the opportunity to work on hardmodes. The players that were able to clear Madness due to the 5% nerf are now getting into HMs.

Four weeks is practically a month.

That is three full resets, including this week, with a madness kill on the first week.
Plenty of time.
Despite arguments to the contrary, there is a choice involved here. You can choose to leave the debuff on or turn it off. If you're looking for the challenge that doing the raid gives you without the debuff and your raid group isn't interested in turning off the debuff, that is still a choice that is being made. No one is forcing that on anyone. If you personally feel forced, then it may be an option to find another group that is interested in the challenge of doing it without the debuff.

Meanwhile, the debuff affords those that want to progress a bit, who have experienced difficulty, more of a leg-up.

It's fine to disagree with us on this, but please make sure that you continue to do so in a constructive manner and refrain from starting flame wars or posting harassing/defamatory language toward posters in the thread.

Do you get bragging rights? No. No achievement, no proof, nothing. So no you don't.

You have the "option" to make things harder on yourself. But for no reason. So there you go. The argument that you can "turn it off" is like saying that just because you can stick the key in the ignition and drive your car away, pushing it around is still a perfectly valid option.

Would that be enough though? For some (i.e. me) that would be plenty. Granted, I would be happy knowing I did it without the buff (not likely to happen....)
The challenge didn't leave. YOU are REFUSING to accept that challenge, because you have an easier path that you can take. That sounds like a YOU issue, not a game issue.

Because this is a solo game where your actions in no way effect nine or 24 other people?
You people act like these buffs are mandatory. You can turn them off

And this is an entirely valid counterpoint because it makes the onus for complaining completely irrelevant.
02/22/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Nethaera
Despite arguments to the contrary, there is a choice involved here. You can choose to leave the debuff on or turn it off. If you're looking for the challenge that doing the raid gives you without the debuff and your raid group isn't interested in turning off the debuff, that is still a choice that is being made. No one is forcing that on anyone. If you personally feel forced, then it may be an option to find another group that is interested in the challenge of doing it without the debuff.

I seriously cannot believe that you really think that this is a legitimate argument.

You are basically saying, "If you want to raid without the nerf, find another guild."

Are you kidding me?