Hunters?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Okay, so let's talk about our friendly Hunter.

I understand that a while back, Hunters had mana, yes? Well, I understand Hunters really shouldn't have mana, and that is why it was replaced by focus. My issue, is that -destroyed- Hunters.

As a Survivalist Hunter, Explosive Shot takes -48- focus, and I have 100 focus. That's almost half of my bar already, and that kills my DPS.

Something has to give, Blizzard. Either give Hunters A LOT more focus (Maybe make it Agility dependent? Like Mana is with Intellect. More Intel = More mana, so why can't more Agility = More Focus?), make our attacks A LOT cheaper in Focus, make our Focus Regen a lot faster, or just give us Mana back. I don't know about any other Hunters out there, but Focus is killing me.

Thank You, and I hope Blizzard sees and thinks about this.
~~Taldorin

By The Way, -Yes- I am hoping for Blizzard Employee to see and or Comment on this :) I'd love for an answer.
I could't agree more mate ....
02/26/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Crunt
I could't agree more mate ....

Me too.
Well, I mean I have to SPAM steady shot to even get 2 normal attacks in a roll. Something seriously has to give.
Okay, so let's talk about our friendly Hunter.

I understand that a while back, Hunters had mana, yes? Well, I understand Hunters really shouldn't have mana, and that is why it was replaced by focus. My issue, is that -destroyed- Hunters.

As a Survivalist Hunter, Explosive Shot takes -48- focus, and I have 100 focus. That's almost half of my bar already, and that kills my DPS.

Something has to give, Blizzard. Either give Hunters A LOT more focus (Maybe make it Agility dependent? Like Mana is with Intellect. More Intel = More mana, so why can't more Agility = More Focus?), make our attacks A LOT cheaper in Focus, make our Focus Regen a lot faster, or just give us Mana back. I don't know about any other Hunters out there, but Focus is killing me.

Thank You, and I hope Blizzard sees and thinks about this.
~~Taldorin

Honestly, Hunters are doing great right now. A simple fix to your survival problem is to rock the Tier 13 2pc. You should still use it even for PvP simply because of how amazing the bonus is.
The Focus system for Hunters is sound. :)
You just need to learn your rotation really. Yeah a sudden and abrupt change in mechanics can throw you off your game, but the character isn't ruined.
Hunter DPS is still pretty good though overall. Perhaps they could just reduce the focus cost of traps.
It's really not that bad when you get higher geared with more haste.

02/26/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Taldorin

Lock n Load, my friend. Force proc it with freezing/ice trap, and big chance to proc on explo trap/black arrow. Add that to a decent haste rating and you will find yourself dealing with more focus than you know what to do with.

02/26/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Taldorin
Well, I mean I have to SPAM steady shot

Uh...Steady Shot? If you're 85 and SV spec, you need to be using Cobra Shot.

That being said, it does still feel semi-clunky compared to our mana-using days.
Well, I know I see Hunters that are great, but for the majority, we do bad. I have never done 3-4 special attacks in a row due to my lack of Focus.
I'm fine with focus, and i'm fine with it only going to 100. I'm not fine with it regenerating slower than my pet's focus or a rogue's energy. Have you SEEN how slowly focus regens.... >_>
It's easy to do good dps as a hunter. You obviously haven't found the rotoation that is right for you. I tend to be top on meters in most my raids and all dungeons. Mana was fine, and so is Focus.
This hunter was my first toon that i rolled midway through BC and i loved it. Quit about a month before WOTLK and when i got back cata was out. The second i saw they had removed mana i knew the class was too different for me to get reacquainted with. Vendor-ed everything and rerolled. If they bring back mana i might just give this guy a shot again.
02/26/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Taldorin
Well, I know I see Hunters that are great, but for the majority, we do bad. I have never done 3-4 special attacks in a row due to my lack of Focus.

Hunters only do bad because they don't understand the finer points of Hunter PvP/PvE.
Focus is relatively meh in PvP but in Tier 13, they're doing far better.
Simply because of the Tier 13 2pc.
Rock it and you'll have excess focus. :)
Hunter is pretty easy to play and do decent dps... if they decreased the focus cost of EP, they would have to significantly reduce the damage it does.
Where do I get this Said tier?
02/26/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Taldorin
Where do I get this Said tier?

Dragon Soul

<.< . . . >.>