[Suggestion] More replica items!

General Discussion
PROBLEM: Recently, while trying to complete a transmog set on my rogue, I ran into a slight difficulty. The only pair of boots that matched the set are no longer available to players! The boots mentioned are the Boots of Displacement, the only matching boots for the Stormshroud Armor set. These boots dropped in old Naxx, and are obviously no longer available. I have ticketed the GMs twice in concerns to said boots, and understand why I was declined both times; awarding me these boots would give me an unfair advantage over other players. The second GM I spoke to actually suggested I make this post on the forums, so here I am with an idea for a solution.

SOLUTION: A very simple solution to this is exactly what was done with the classic dungeon sets, simply create a vendor that sells replicas of these unique items. Also, I feel as if another parameter should operate on these vendors, and I feel this could be easily enacted as well - only allow people who had an active account during the times these items were available to purchase said items.

EXAMPLE: In the case of my Boots of Displacement, any person with an account that was active in Classic WoW (like myself) OR Burning Crusade would be able to purchase the replica item. The item could only be obtained during these times (old Naxx), so anyone who activated an account during WotLK or Cata didn't have the chance to obtain the items anyways, and in my mind, shouldn't be able to purchase them - much like the Grand Marshal items not being able to be transmogged unless you attained the rank.

TL;DR: Some model/skin combinations are no longer available to players, create a vendor with said items. Items can be purchased and transmogged by players who had an active account while the items were still attainable.

Feedback from the community and any Blizzard employees would be appreciated.
Note 1: Feedback includes thoughts on my idea and/or items like the Boots of Displacement that no longer are available in game, and have no existing items with the same model and skin.
Note 2: I'm pretty sure I put this in the right forum, if I didn't please let me know.
Cheers, Akavar

EDIT: Seperated my wall of text, made it easier to read, and added a TL;DR section.
They could have a vendor with those items, or make recipes for them so that certain professions can make those lost items.
The professions idea COULD work, I suppose, but I feel as if a vendor is a much simpler way of handling it.
I like it, and I don't

Some items, like corrupted ashbringer, need to stay OUT of the game. There are just some things that shouldn't come back (not because I wouldn't want it myself, but because you just shouldn't).
Well, I agree on Corrupted Ashbringer. That's a given, but pieces of armor with unique skin/model combinations going missing takes away a huge part of the aesthetic charm of transmog. So many sets have fallen to the wayside because one piece is no longer available.
i second this notion
I third it (bump), but the vendor should also sell old quest items. I want an eyepatch for my hunter, but the ONLY mail eyepatch in the game is from a quest in Blade's Edge Mountains, which she completed in 2007, and also vendored the reward later in 2007 when she got an upgrade. Kind of lame that all this cool stuff is lost forever.
Awesome idea! I personally want this for a transmog set, and an RP set.

Blizzard really should add CERTAIN items back to the game as replicas if they have a unique look.
third it (bump), but the vendor should also sell old quest items. I want an eyepatch for my hunter, but the ONLY mail eyepatch in the game is from a quest in Blade's Edge Mountains, which she completed in 2007, and also vendored the reward later in 2007 when she got an upgrade. Kind of lame that all this cool stuff is lost forever.
Bask in my glory
Agreed. Armor pieces should be made reavailable, either for people who were not able to get into the content while it WAS available, or who have vendored the gear in favor of bank slots. The Darkmoon Faire is a great start, but there is far more gear that needs to be available, either with gold, or a specialized currency.
These boots dropped in old Naxx, and are obviously no longer available. I have ticketed the GMs twice in concerns to said boots, and understand why I was declined both times; awarding me these boots would give me an unfair advantage over other players. The second GM I spoke to actually suggested I make this post on the forums, so here I am with an idea for a solution.

Is this one of the reasons my last GM ticket to 8 days to get a response? Really? You opened multiple tickets in hope a GM will give you a drop from Original Naxx?

I agree with what you're saying, I'd love some obsolete items to come back in some fashion, it's extremely frustrating to try to complete a set and see that 1 item is either gone now or you did the quest for it in week 1 of BC. But GM tickets are not the way to do this, that's just clogging the system.

edit: didnt' realize this thread was old. But my point still stands ;p
I feel like I should clarify as to my tickets. The first ticket was asking to be given the item, the second was asking if they planned on putting the depreciated item skins back into the game.

Also, as far as I know, it never says anywhere that tickets are only to be used to report bug/glitches or players, hacking, etc. Game Masters are essentially Customer Service (with god powers to boot!), so it is literally their job to answer questions. As to your 8 day wait? That blows, I'm almost always serviced in under an hour. My longest wait was 3 hours. Are you sure you aren't on some sort of blacklist? :P

EDIT: To other posters, if you did a quest and sold the item you can always ticket a GM to get the item restored. If your account is in good standing, they'll restore any item you legitimately earned while playing the game. The caveat to this is you can only do it a limited amount of times per year.
I agree that there should be a vendor or something that sells lost items that are needed to complete looks. I also need the boots of displacement on my Rogue. And while they're at it, adding a Stormshroud version of gloves would be nice too.

They already have a Tier 1 replica Vendor at the Darkmoon Faire, so why not add other vendors either there or elsewhere/
I agree they should do this but how would that vendor's pages work? It would have thousands of pages to look through from and would be difficult without a search filter.
Agree and , they should also re-add the old school recipes that were taken away such as the LWing recipe for the Stormshroud Armor [chest] and the like, I also agree on the Corrupted Ashbringer :L
My only question raised on this is, what about the players who had an account before, and then had to (or wanted to) make a new account? I have been playing since TBC. I played on a shared account between me and my dad, but it didn't take long for that to start getting a little bothersome as I started to play more frequently. I know I didn't own an account, but I have been playing since early TBC and I also am bummed out I missed out on old naxx, and all the xmog it had to offer.
05/08/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Kylandis
And while they're at it, adding a Stormshroud version of gloves would be nice too.

They do, http://www.wowhead.com/item=13395/skuls-fingerbone-claws#comments. :)
I have seen many posts now regarding these boots, I think blizzard should bring them back or at least the skin on a new item for transmog.
I agree on bringing back the boots but since you suggested that only the classic accounts activated back then can get them. what about the rest of us?
Screw you, Blizzard's gonna argue that you had the chance and access but you just didn't get them. it's unfair to other account status players.
I'm gonna add to this cause hopefully blizz will support the idea. I'm gonna agree with everyone on corrupted ashbringer. Some specific lore related items shouldnt be ressurected, that'd make things a little pointless. But as far as matching sets. Hell if you are keeping some items and scrapping others? thats messed up. There SHOULD be some sort of way to obtain all the complete sets of these transmog armor peices.

and also how about this. For old content LFR raids what do people do when they want the LFR version of the xmog appearance? such as Dragonsoul LFR currently, but Next xpac people wanting soo or tot xmog gears from the lfr color schemes will not be able to get it. So how about Put in a "Raid Finder Token" as a purchasable item at the JP vendor. When used on a normal or Heroic peice of Raid gear. Transforms it into the Raid finder equivilent. Complete xmog sets ftw.