weapon swap macros

UI and Macro
For fishing poles, staffs, swords and main hand +offhand. ETC

This disappoints me that there seems to be no single comprehensive forum dedicated to this topic. They appear to be scattered among the warriors & paladins weapon swap topics, which only involve swapping shields for 2h swords by name, gear set and stuff you do not understand if you do not devote your life to it. What I (and everyone else) am looking for is simple macro list that includes, but is not limited to, doing the following:

Swapping from Main hand +off hand to a 2H. I.e. staff, fishing pole etc and back.
A one and/or two button macro for the aforementioned, for fishing.
Automatically swapping from fishing pole to weapons when mounting.
One that does not use gear sets and one that does.

That seems to be all that I can think of for now, please feel free to have a field day on this.
THANKS!!
+_+ =D
We've been asking for them to fix the bugged /equip and /equipslot for 5 years now. There's not a chance they'd make a forum for this lol

On a character that does not dual wield, things are very easy.

Swapping from Main hand +off hand to a 2H. I.e. staff, fishing pole etc and back.
/equip Name of 2h staff (or fishing pole)
/equip Name of Main hand
/equip name of Off hand

Wait, you say. Doesn't that just end up equipping mh+oh every time? It doesn't. When a macro says/equip 2h staffYou can interpet it asif this 2h staff isn't already equipped, ask the server to equip this 2h staff
Important note: The equip never actually happens until the entire macro is run. Requests are sent to the server to do a swap much later.
Unimportant trivia: This wasn't true with ammo, which was a fascinating slot. For most of its existence it didn't have a legitimate return for some important functions. And ammo swaps were entirely client side. You could swap in expensive arrows for steady shot and back to cheap arrows for auto shot all in the same macro.

So if you're wearing a 2h staff, it ignores the first line and runs the other two, asking the server to equip the mh+oh. If you're wearing the mh+oh, it asks the server to equip the 2h staff and then ignores the last two lines since you're already wearing them.

A one and/or two button macro for the aforementioned, for fishing.

/equip Name of fishing pole
/equip Name of mainhand weapon
/equip Name of offhand

Automatically swapping from fishing pole to weapons when mounting.

/equip [nomounted] Name of mainhand weapon
/equip [nomounted] Name of offhand
/equip [mounted] Name of fishing pole
/cast [nomounted] Name of mount
/dismount [mounted]

will automatically equip your mh+oh when mounting, and your fishing pole if you use the same macro to dismount.

To get fancier, note that addons can't get involved in weapon swaps anymore. Any conditions that need /run or /script will not work in combat.

One that does not use gear sets and one that does.

All the previous don't use gear sets. To equip a gear set is simply:
/equipset Name of set

One thing to note is that unlike /equip which conveniently skips stuff already equipped so you get a nice toggle ability, /equipset doesn't. So you need to macro the condition:

/equipset [worn:Fishing Poles] Name of mh+oh set; Name of fishing pole
will toggle between the two sets if one contains a fishing pole.

Totally unrelated, but if you fish a lot and have the Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat this is a cool macro:
/run local h="Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat"if not GetWeaponEnchantInfo()and IsEquippedItemType("Fishing Poles")and GetItemCount(h)>0 then UseItemByName(h)end
/equip [noworn:Fishing Poles] Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
/cast [worn:Fishing Poles] Fishing

Change Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole to the name of your fishing pole.

If you're not wearing a fishing pole it will equip it.
If you're wearing a Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat and your equipped fishing pole has no lure, it will apply one.
If you're wearing a fishing pole that has a lure attached, it will cast Fishing.

Back to topic: if you want to do weapon swaps on a character that can dual wield, it's a bit more involved. You need to use /equipslot instead of /equip to force which hand a weapon goes in. If the weapons are the same name (very common nowadays) then you need to use the raw item:id:enchant:etc if possible (not always possible) or /use bag slot and micromanage your bags to keep replacements in those slots, or you need to use the default equip manager.
dude! this HELPS YEA!
thank you very much for taking the time to do this, much apperaicated.
i want to ask: is there a one button macro for logging out/exit game now?? ive been trying to get one to work and no luck =(
03/09/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Cognuel
i want to ask: is there a one button macro for logging out/exit game now?? ive been trying to get one to work and no luck =(

/camp to logout or /exit to quit
@ Sumcallmetim
heh i believe that i said one button macro. You give two options, both of which are compleatly obvious and not at all what i asked. To avoid further confusion, exit game now macro means i dont want to have to move the mouse to the center of the screen to click the option exit now. ^_^
03/21/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Cognuel
You give two options, both of which are compleatly obvious and not at all what i asked.
It's impossible to fulfill your original request as stated, since there is not a psychic interface to tell the game whether your "one button" is meant as a logout command or an exit command.

My (quite reasonable) assumption was that you were trying to bypass clicking on the "Logout" or "Exit Game" buttons on the game menu. You said nothing about automatically clicking through the "exit now" dialog (which only appears when you log out in a non-rested location). If you go to an inn (or log out in a major city), you log out immediately. I believe this is a feature (as in it is warning you that you are logging out in a non-rested location). However, if you (or someone else) find out the internal name of that button, you could use

/exit
/click ExitNowButton

which you could totally put in a macro to exit the game with "one button". This will not work with /camp, as the logout api doesn't allow you to bypass the timer, as the exit api does.

Unfortunately, I don't believe /camp or /exit will respond to conditionals in macros, but you could try

/camp [nomod]
/exit [mod]
/click ExitNowButton
@ Sumcallmetim
well that leaves me humbled.i once tried somthing similar to the last bit
/camp [nomod]/exit [mod]/click ExitNowButton

yet it might work. i thank you for your contribuition! !_! sorry for being down on you.
and keep em comming!^_^
Is there a way to change the tooltip of a macro everytime you click on it?
For example, If i have a macro change between two different weapons, I want it to show the weapon that is currently equipped or vice versa.
#showtooltip responds to the same conditionals that spellcasting does, so you could in theory use

#showtooltip [worn:Fishing Poles] Fishing Pole; Other MH Weapon
I enjoyed reading this. It is very informative. I found it while seeking a way to place my gear into the same slots each time I use an item. An example; I switch from my helm and 2H weapon to my fishing pole and weather beaten hat. I then will switch back, but the weather beaten hat and the fishing pole have moved to the 'backpack' and not back where they came from in my tackle box.
Is there a way to make them return to the location they started from?
Thank you in advance.
have moved to the 'backpack' and not back where they came from in my tackle box.
Is there a way to make them return to the location they started from?
When an item is equipped, the formerly-equipped item is moved to its spot in the bags. Since your normal weapon/hat cannot be placed in a tackle box, they get placed in the backpack (the default for newly-arrived items in your bags). When you swap them back in, the hat/pole end up in the same spots your real hat/weapon had just been occupying (in your backpack).

You can conceivably keep your fishing pole/hat in a non-fishing bag and the gear swap will work as expected, but this almost defeats the purpose of using a tackle box in the first place (aside from having lots of room for all those tasty, tasty fish). Other than having an addon that will sort your bags automatically, I'm not sure that you can do anything about this.
But what if both weapons are staffs
I tried
#showtooltip [equipped:Spire of Coagulated Globules] Spire of Coagulated Globules; Fandral's Flamescythe
/equip Spire of Coagulated Globules
/equip Fandral's Flamescythe

It doesn't change the tooltip when i equip different staffs. :(

The reason I would like this to happen is to show which staff i'm currently using since I can't see it physically since I'm in either cat or bear form and the weapon isn't displayed in the autoattack icon, but instead a paw. I could just open my character screen, but that's really inconvenient while in a raid.
The [equipped] conditional only accepts item types, not item names. If you just want to show the icon/tooltip of whatever's in your main hand, use #showtooltip 16 in a macro.

http://www.wowpedia.org/InventorySlotId
OO DUH why didn't i think of that. haha thanks
Thanks for the clarification about the tackle box. It makes total sense now.
sigh* i HAd a post all set telling y'all what a great job and how proud i was of it, buutt when you let it sit for 5+mins it dissappears when i clicked post, b/c server had to refresh the page

a gift to you all

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░█░░░░░█░░█────
─▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄─
█░░█─▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀─█░░█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█░░╦─╦╔╗╦─╔╗╔╗╔╦╗╔╗░░█
█░░║║║╠─║─║─║║║║║╠─░░█
█░░╚╩╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╩─╩╚╝░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Bugger! Its not supposed to look like that. The orginal works in wow chat, but i find that its best if you do the teddy and welcome seprately. In addition to this, I must advise you that if you place it in a macro and use say, the teddy in trade chat, I found that it will not work, simply because it regestiers as muitiple presses of the enter key(see the post above for visual aid)

I find it much better to copy/paste it from the source.

http://fsymbols.com/
Here's one I just made for weapon swapping for my deathknight. The set "Souldrinkers" ignores all item slots other than the mainhand and offhand. In the mainhand I have my 403 souldrinker equipped, and in the offhand i have my 390 souldrinker equipped. I created this gear-set specifically for the use of this macro.

/equipset [equipped:two-hand] Souldrinkers
/equip [equipped:one-hand,one-hand] Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps

hope this helps somebody out there... maybe you could incorporate your fishing pole... but this is great for switching between a 2H and 2 1Hs that have the same name, or different names, or any sort of set you want really...