Why do we have to wait for MOP to fix LFR25?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Why cont blizzard fix LFR25 now. Just change simple code of all items in lfr25 to be BOP. Blizz needs to stop it from being guild loot runs and get it back to its original intention of being random runs. It is already to late for me, Im done stocking guilds, Im not going there anymore, how many more will follow until the new system is completely useless? I know at least 50 other players from my realm that dont have time to raid, who have also quit lfr25 because of this and most including myself will probably leave WOW all together because of this failure on Blizz's part and failure to do anything about it
This is not the Dungeons and Raids Forum where you would be able to get constructive feedback seen. FIX IT NOW threads are not constructive and as such, are not helpful in figuring out HOW to do as you are wanting.
Because that will cause more problems than it solves and Blizzard does not want to do that. Players roll on items by mistake, realize their mistake, and give the item to another player in the raid. I have given strangers items on 3 different occassions because of this. In your scenario I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Just wait for a fully thought out solution. Also, if you have positive suggestions regarding LFR, please post them in the Dungeons & Raids forum. Developers do not read this forum.
Why do we have to wait for MOP to fix LFR25?

1) Programming is a long and grueling process that includes processes of testing and validation.

2) Blizzard tries to avoid band-aid solutions and would rather fix the fundamental issues.

You will just have to accept that the current LFR is what it is. That all of those imaginary pixels will not mean anything soon enough, whether you won them or not.
02/23/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Tuladrin
Why cont blizzard fix LFR25 now. Just change simple code of all items in lfr25 to be BOP. Blizz needs to stop it from being guild loot runs and get it back to its original intention of being random runs. It is already to late for me, Im done stocking guilds, Im not going there anymore, how many more will follow until the new system is completely useless? I know at least 50 other players from my realm that dont have time to raid, who have also quit lfr25 because of this and most including myself will probably leave WOW all together because of this failure on Blizz's part and failure to do anything about it

Threatening to quit is a whiney argument and does not work.

If you think the programming is soooooo simple to fix, they are hiring:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/index.html
Time to bring out the Blizzard magic fixit wand and wave it around!

As others have said.. while it may seem like a simple fix in concept.. of what NEEDS to change..

The actualy PROGRAMING of it, may in fact be completely different.. which is why things cant always be one button click fixed.

In this case, it may require some re-building on how things are viewed in game from scratch.. which in the middle of an expansion is not necssarily easy, but in the case of a new xpac which goes through MUCH more testing, a better spot to put it.
02/23/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Reenela
Time to bring out the Blizzard magic fixit wand and wave it around!
Developpers are the ones who created every WoW related items. So they SHOULD creates that wand and makes it "Bind on Blizzard (BoB)".

Basically due to the mechanics of current class talent trees, Blizzard is not able to design a spec based “Need+ >Need > Greed” system. The best that they are currently able to do is a system that is dependent on what role, a player entered the raid as. Blizzard is working to correct this problem. However it requires the complete re-design of the talent trees in MoP.
3 or so years ago:

People: We misclicked and gave loot to the wrong guy/bought the wrong piece! Why can't you just magically fix it!
Blizzard: Good news! We changed a lot of how things worked, and now you can trade loot within 2 hours, and sell back gear you accidentally bought with points and get a refund!

Now:

People: People are trading loot in LFR! Magically fix it NOA! But only in LFR, no where's else, because people still sometimes mis-loot.
Blizzard: But we changed lots of stuff to make trading possible in the first place, and now you want...wha....
As i've said in other threads, what exactly is broken? What needs fixing. I wish i could site every single thread that stated:

Players just want to see the content
"loot" is simply a tool to progress
i don't play for loot, I play to see the encounters
etc. etc.

LFR loot is 384. The previous tier is 378 (a whole 6 ilvls lower) and Valor/Normal gear is 397 (a whole 13 ilvls higher). The real reality check is, there isn't a piece of gear you can win in LFR that won't be replaced in the first two days of MOP.

Go into LFR with the only expectations are to see the encounters and earning Valor points. If you happen to win anything, it's a bonus. LFR is to see the fights and get Valor - gear is someting on the side.

If you want to pursue gear "fairly", then it's in your best interest to find a group with similar goals...you know, a guild.
To Cane

Your attitude is the whole problem. I do not have time to raid on a regular schedule! I belong to guilds and if I happen to be on and a regular raider cant make it, I do normal. I ve downed Deathwing on 2 toons before nerf this way. I cannot committ to a raid schedule, so my only consistent chance to upgrade myself is LFR. They guilds I belong to have way to much self respect and pride to use LFR as a means of upgrading. They fairly award gear to those who earned it, unlike blizz
To Cane

Your attitude is the whole problem. I do not have time to raid on a regular schedule! I belong to guilds and if I happen to be on and a regular raider cant make it, I do normal. I ve downed Deathwing on 2 toons before nerf this way. I cannot committ to a raid schedule, so my only consistent chance to upgrade myself is LFR. They guilds I belong to have way to much self respect and pride to use LFR as a means of upgrading. They fairly award gear to those who earned it, unlike blizz

If you don't like the loot rules in LFR, form your own group. LFR is "optional."

02/23/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Tuladrin
They guilds I belong to have way to much self respect and pride to use LFR as a means of upgrading.

What an arrogant statement. If these guilds have this attitude, and you belong to these guilds, why do you care how loot is distributed in LFR? If the guilds you belong to have way too much self respect and pride to use LFR, why are you trying to get the gear? Either you use the gear or you don't. It doesn't have anything to do with self respect and pride.
02/23/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Tuladrin

Step 1: Put the names of all 50 people that you know in a hat.

Step 2: Stick your hand in that hat and withdraw 24 names.

Step 3: Run your own LFR loot run and enjoy your justly-earned content.
Translation: "I lost a roll on content, blizzard fix it so I can win what i want"
Loot system is BROKEN. No matter how much you defend it . .it is still broken. The problem is not just about losing a roll or what you call "entitlement".

Please show me a DPS pally that actually uses intellect as a stat. Intellect is only used by holy pally speccs, those fulfilling the healer role. How is this an actual ROLE (Blizzard's term) bonus for a holy pally (for any healer) . .if a ret pally gets the same ROLE bonus just because their class can use the item. It isn't a CLASS bonus. If the bonus to a roll was intented as a class bonus. .then change the wording and stand behind it full force. . .otherwise, admit the problem and fix it.

Plenty of suggestions all over the forums. . .some I agree with, some I don't. Just seems silly to continue to defend a system that has such obvious problems.

Tas all the system looks at is 2 things

Role in the dungon
Class can use so

if(rolesetfor(item,player.getrole()) && classcanuse(item,player.getclass()))
{
canroll = true;
}
else { canroll = false)

The system only looks at them separately, so for your pally

Can a pally use it (true)
is it set as a DPS item (true)

so to the computer true && true = true, so the pally can roll

I stand behind my prior mocking of this thread

Translation: "I lost a roll on content, blizzard fix it so I can win what i want"

edit: yes the code is all made up but it helps illustrate it.
I should also note in java (which I am sure this is not) it is a ., and in C++ if it is a static variable it is a . if it is a pointer it would be a -> instead of the .
My point EXACTLY. . the computer (thus the system) only narrowly thinks as such. But RET pallies don't need INTELLECT-- time to change the system silly boy.

I can still wear cloth and leather armor (for any role), does that mean I should be allowed to roll need on that armor in randoms? Blizzard has said no. This doesn't seem to be any different situation to me.
Shrug. ..I can't figure out why people who aren't casuals and have super duper raiding guilds and all these great experiences with their heroic guilds runs come to LFR anyway. Don't come. .don't read the forums. Please stay in your own hard core worlds and leave the rest of us alone.

The casuals are tired of your whining and complaining too.