Monk stats?

General Discussion
What prime stat will monks use? Intellect? Agility? Strength?
It depends on the spec. Think druids.
Like druids. Intellect for heals
Agility for dps/tank.

I think.
I would expect agility since they are warriors of finesse over brute strength. Intelligence for healing.
Like druids. Intellect for heals
Agility for dps/tank.

I think.

You can pretty much bet on it.
Blizzard explicitly said they won't be making another step-headed red child gear set like holy pally gear again. Monks use leather. There is no strength leather. No reason to translate agility/int into strength. So, agility will be used for melee dps and tanking, and int for healing.

It's pretty much set in stone since there are 3 clothies already and only 2 leather classes. The only viable alternative would be mail, but how would mail feel on a monk?
Just checking cause I wanted to get some BoA's for when I make my monk. If its like I druid i'm all set. But i'll have to wait and see I guess
When it comes to important stats, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being similar to Druids.

And since Monks can be tank, healer and DPS...
Pretty much what Claw said.

Tank (Brewmaster): Agility/stamina/dodge/mastery, using 2-hand staff/mace
DPS(Windwalker): Agility/crit/hit/haste/expertise/mastery, dual weilding fist weapons
Healer: Int/spirit/crit/haste/mastery(and maybe hit since it's a melee healer? but unlikely since hit usually isn't itemized onto leather int gear)
You just reminded me about weapon heirlooms.

*checks Monk page*

Blah blah blah one-handed maces? Oh, okay. I guess I better finish leveling my shaman and then pop those two in storage.
They won't be itemizing any new gear types specifically for monks. They will use largely the same leather gear that druids and rogues use. However this should mean more fist weapons on loot tables.
Like others are saying im sure it will be close to what a druid has. Leather just makes sense because well... it a monk. So I dont think they will have any other proficiency. As far as stats, AGI sounds right for tanks and dps and healers im sure will be INT, sound familiar.

Now if Blizzard really wanted to mix it up it would be something COMPLETLY different from the norm which I doubt.
I think they will use the exact same stats as rogues, using passive abilities to turn them into something else, based on specc.

Specially since "Resto" monks will still have to do melee DPS to power their heals.
Okay people im having some trouble finding out what gear Monks have to wear for boa
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/windwalker-monk-pve-dps-guide
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mistweaver-monk-pve-healing-guide
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/brewmaster-monk-pve-tank-guide
What Herlooms can Monks use?
10/12/2015 05:09 PMPosted by Supergirl
Okay people im having some trouble finding out what gear Monks have to wear for boa

Agility leather for dps/tanking and int leather for healing
Thank you!
what the......I was wondering what OP was smoking. Then I saw the date.
10/12/2015 05:09 PMPosted by Supergirl

Okay, I am going to guess that you are new... don't bump 3 and a half year old threads.

You should have just made a new one asking this.