Marks and Survival PvP Guide (4.3.3)

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
JUST GOT IN BETA WOO!!
woot thug cleave! going for 2.2k!
How's beta going?
I actually haven't had a chance to play it much yet, I've only done a few duels outside stormwind and a few quests in jade forest and started my monk.

Initial reactions:

not having conc shot feels REALLY wierd, and it's gonna take some getting used to.

might ditch the camo glyph because 50% just feels REALLY slow.

getting dodged and parried SUCKS, and I still need to reforge for expertise.

we have INCREDIBLE self-heals, I tried spirit bond + chimera shot glyph + exhilaration and it's very very hard to kill me 1v1.

Spirit bond is ticking on me right now for about 3k I think, and when the exhilaration heal crits it heals for about 40k - 50k.

glyph of disengage is REALLY nice

trap launcher being a toggle is really nice

I'll post more info on the front page when I've got a chance to mess around some more.
probably cause I shamelessly bumped it every day X____x
is anyone else creeped out by the crab?
grats to kalimac for her BM PvP guide getting stickied!
I wish there was an option to make an 85 monk on the beta, plus with all the ability bugs its annoying to level. For anyone who doesn't know there's a bug where you don't learn any new abilities for like 20 levels as a monk.
I have a feeling that BM would be solid option for PVP. KC now has a 25 yrd range right? and yes, almost every hunter planning to PvP will pick Readiness and Silencing shot no matter what spec.
So much for the "3 strong options" to pick from. I have a feeling we will be facing coockie-cutters talent trees by the end of the first arena season of MoP. (crossing fingers im wrong about this but talents like those 2 are very strong to left out planning to PvP)
I have a feeling that BM would be solid option for PVP. KC now has a 25 yrd range right? and yes, almost every hunter planning to PvP will pick Readiness and Silencing shot no matter what spec.
So much for the "3 strong options" to pick from. I have a feeling we will be facing coockie-cutters talent trees by the end of the first arena season of MoP. (crossing fingers im wrong about this but talents like those 2 are very strong to left out planning to PvP)

Yeah, those two trees (readiness and silencing shot) need to have more variation for PvP hunters because you're totally right. The other talents have more of a raiding lure (looking at you thrill of the hunt)
been playing my premade 85 monk to try and get a feel for the class. Picked windwalker b/c thats most likely the spec we'll have the most problems with in PvP.

I named my monk adrian, if anyone gets the reference you'll get a cookie.
bump for cool new transmog set
As in Adrian Monk? The OCD detective?
Looking forward to it, thanks :)
points for kraeven!
04/08/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Hyashana
Looking forward to it, thanks :)

haven't had hardly any free time lately X_x

Hopefully next week or so I'll have some time to sit down and write down some thoughts about the beta.
X_x
bump
Braindeaadly 4 just came out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_XozRwEGA

My personal favorite moment was when he monkey blinded the warlock while scatter trapping the shaman so the lock didn't eat the trap (around 6:50)