Low FRAME RATE — FPS Issues

Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 21 Next
I had issues with FPS going to 4-5, its seems my problem was with my GPU and a program called VIRTU not recognizing wow-64.exe. Once I added the file to my GPU and VIRTU the problem went away.
03/04/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Daenon
So if you don't have anything useful to contribute, don't clog this thread with your useless rhetoric. We get enough of that from Blizz. I am sure that most people who have posted here are intelligent enough to have covered those 'basics' you suggested.

Regarding your posts , you're running a Geforce 7100 which is a very very old video card. You're playing a game with graphics engines which that card is going to struggle to run. If you are not happy with your frame rates, then there really isn't going to be anything to improve it except for upgrading your hardware.

You also appear to be confused because you seem to be checking for latency issues when you're latency is fine if you're averaging 60ms. It's your red herring. Having your ISP send a technician isn't going to do anything for you, and doing a system restore is more prone to breaking software and causing issues rather than fix it.

I've provided plenty of useful information to help with FPS issues in my earlier post. The purpose of my post was to remind you that this is not an issue with the client or the patch, because unless you see a million people posting about the same exact thing at the same exact time, then nothing with the patch is causing FPS issues. It was to remind you that there IS a solution for your problem, but it's not going to be in the form of a Blizzard Fix-it Button. If that's really what you're looking for, then step away from your computer and do something that's simpler for you and doesn't require much maintenance. I suggest reading a book.

The information on the support ticket is there because it will resolve the vast majority of FPS issues for most people. If you are still having the issue after trying the steps in the support article, then you might need hands-on help, but complaining on the forums and insulting the representatives isn't going to do anything about it.
My PC has been running the game perfectly well the last +1 year (you don't need a high powered rig to expect decent performance in this game). Now stop being an idiot and allow someone who actually knows something respond to these posts.

Actually, maybe useing your extra time learning to play your more than lacking warlock might be more beneficial to you than trolling those of us with real frame rate issues.
My PC has been running the game perfectly well the last +1 year (you don't need a high powered rig to expect decent performance in this game). Now stop being an idiot and allow someone who actually knows something respond to these posts.

Actually, maybe useing your extra time learning to play your more than lacking warlock might be more beneficial to you than trolling those of us with real frame rate issues.

Well I guess you can't help stupid. Hey. Let me know if sticking your fingers in your ears and shutting your eyes real tight makes your ancient 7100 run the game any better. I wouldn't recommend it for troubleshooting, but it just might work for you if you try hard enough.

FYI, as the game updates, your old video card is going to become more and more unsuitable to run the game. So it's understandable for you to start running into issues considering how old the card is. If you want to improve your frame rates, then consider spending a little money to buy a better video card. If that doesn't work, then you can generally return the card if you kept the receipt. That is sound advice. You can take it or leave it. You can stop banging your head against the wall.
I appreciate your response, though I dreaded what you had to say. I just don't get why the game played so well <of course low settings> and this patch ruined it :(

Being on a very limited budget with others <kids> needing to come before my enjoyment, I'll do what I can.

On a Happy note..Disabling my sound is allowing me to do my beloved AV :D

Again Thank you for pointing out specifics for me to work on! A good community exp. here :)
03/04/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Thwee
You can stop banging your head against the wall.

And that is exactly how we feel when talking to Blizz about this issue. If what you say is true and the game is evolveing beyond our PC's limit to play, well that is a HUGE ISSUE. I paid for a game that ran on an average PC and the game ran fine.

If what you are saying is true and each patch changes the game to the point where we all need to buy new PC's to keep up , well $^%$^% that.

I need notice. Blizz needs to tell me they are going to make the game unplayable (increase system requirements) on my PC so that I can cancel my subscription and look for a game that will be playable within my budget.

If they are ninja tweeking the game engine every patch so that we all suffer through this trying to figure out what the heck is going on well people need give Blizz some backlash because quite honestly thats crap.

Imagine buying a brand new TV last year and this year your cable network wants you to upgrade to a TV now because it can no longer handle the signal? How would that fly?

And don't forget all the snot nosed spoiled brats who get everything paid for by mommy and daddy showing up on the forums saying "duh, just buy a new one"
I appreciate your response, though I dreaded what you had to say. I just don't get why the game played so well <of course low settings> and this patch ruined it :(

Being on a very limited budget with others <kids> needing to come before my enjoyment, I'll do what I can.

On a Happy note..Disabling my sound is allowing me to do my beloved AV :D

Again Thank you for pointing out specifics for me to work on! A good community exp. here :)

Your drivers are dated March and July of 2007 and I would imagine the components in them are a bit older than that.

I bought the laptop (and my only computer) I'm typing this to you now on in October of 2007 brand new with a decent discrete graphics card-and it can barely handle the game without overheating. Does this not answer your question?

I too have many things that come before my enjoyment (bills, rent, car, back due student loans) and probably won't be able to replace this machine for at least another year or so, which is why unfortunately for Blizzard I probably won't be resubbing in June when my current 6 month sub ends. You can at minimum purchase a 1 GB stick of RAM for relatively cheaply and the driver updates (with the program I linked) are always free.

RAM compatible with your motherboard is here (and relatively cheaply as well):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006042%20600006107&IsNodeId=1&name=DDR2%20800%20%28PC2%206400%29

As to the other poster who is complaining about spoilt brats-I assure you I'm most definitely not one, I (and the other poster here as well) am simply stating facts as I see them.

__________________________________________________________________________________
SUPPORT for Connection/Latency/Lag Related Issues
Click here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020824261
Unofficial WoW Tech Support Pages
http://www.wowpedia.org/Portal:Technical_support
No, you actually looked at Kaylieas PC specs and gave her good advice. She hadn't done the basic updates to her drivers. Kayylieas PC isn't an average user PC (seems older).I wasn't directing my comment at you.
And that is exactly how we feel when talking to Blizz about this issue. If what you say is true and the game is evolveing beyond our PC's limit to play, well that is a HUGE ISSUE. I paid for a game that ran on an average PC and the game ran fine.

If what you are saying is true and each patch changes the game to the point where we all need to buy new PC's to keep up , well $^%$^% that.

I need notice. Blizz needs to tell me they are going to make the game unplayable (increase system requirements) on my PC so that I can cancel my subscription and look for a game that will be playable within my budget.

Sorry man, but this is an aspect of the game that you agreed to before you even began playing the game. The game will change and improve over time. Your rickety 6 year old hardware will not be make the game pristine for you forever. The technology is old, wear and tear takes effect over time, and Blizzard is not responsible for your reluctance to upgrade your system.

You'll find a similar clause in virtually any Terms of Service for any computer game that you play. Perhaps even in the fictitious "cable company's" ToS you mentioned in your analogy. There is an entire paragraph on this in the World of Warcraft Terms of Service:

Changes to the Terms of Use or the Game.

Blizzard reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete, at any time, any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, any feature of the Game or the Service, hours of availability, content, data, software or equipment needed to access the Game or the Service, effective with or without prior notice; provided, however, that material changes to this Terms of Use Agreement will not be applied retroactively. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must terminate, and immediately stop using, the Game. Your continued use of the Game following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes. Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Game at any time. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Game without notice or liability.

One last thing to mention is this. Blizzard is not making you buy a new computer every time the game patches. That is ridiculous. Nor will every single patch cause your system to have difficulty running the game to the point you need to buy a new machine. However in your case, your machine is very old, and you are starting to experience complications because of it. It is a suggestion that you upgrade your machine.
I'm just going to say, my drivers are updated. My GPU is updated (9600gt), ran a stress test on my processor and hard drive (no errors), running windows xp (SP3). Issue still not resolved.

type: All Memory / Processing chop lag
40(+)mans unplayable
25mans the new 40mans
10mans the new 25mans
5mans the new 10man
Circles in SW about the same.

Meh.

15MBs changed how my computer plays this game. I know MoP will do something already because its a whole new xpac, it's expected..... but not 15mbs.
Sorry for the weird question but... the day of the patch any of you updated java with the auto updater?

I taught it was the game and yesterday I tryied playing a moba game with some friends and my fps went low too, so I remembered the only change after the patch my pc had is that I accepted the Java autoupdater.

Restored my PC to February 23, didnt updated Java and my games work just fine... at least for now.

So reply to the question: Did you updated Java too?
nvm, fps errors came up again, not the update
03/05/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Thwee
Your rickety 6 year old hardware will not be make the game pristine for you forever. The technology is old, wear and tear takes effect over time, and Blizzard is not responsible for your reluctance to upgrade your system.

Like I said earlier. You are not contributing to this post. If you had bothered to read my system specs in attempt to even bother to help (rather than trolling) , you would know that my PC is 2 years old (at most) not 6, derp.

I expect WoW to preform reasonably well with this kind of system as it has untill recently. Now go L2P your lock.
Like I said earlier. You are not contributing to this post. If you had bothered to read my system specs in attempt to even bother to help (rather than trolling) , you would know that my PC is 2 years old (at most) not 6, derp.

I expect WoW to preform reasonably well with this kind of system as it has untill recently. Now go L2P your lock.

I'm not trolling. I'm pretty sure you don't know what trolling really means. I'm trying to help you, but you're being too thick skulled to realize it. And I did look at your specs. You're also not hearing a single thing I'm saying. The age of your system does not equate to the age of your components. How do you think HP keeps the cost down on the computers they sell like the Pavilion that you're using? They put old unused parts in them and sell them at discounted prices. New computer != the latest components.

You may have purchased your computer 2 years ago, but your video card is much older. The Geforce 7100 first began distribution on August 30, 2006 which is a little under 6 years ago.

Now if you are adamant about not at least attempting to upgrade your computer parts, then that's fine. But you are unlikely to see anything more than a slight improvement regardless of what you try, if you keep using that 7100.

(Btw when I say "!=", it means "not equal", just in case you didn't know)

P.S. I can care less about my lock, but that has nothing to do with your issue. Nice try though.
Sorry for the weird question but... the day of the patch any of you updated java with the auto updater?

I taught it was the game and yesterday I tryied playing a moba game with some friends and my fps went low too, so I remembered the only change after the patch my pc had is that I accepted the Java autoupdater.

Restored my PC to February 23, didnt updated Java and my games work just fine... at least for now.

So reply to the question: Did you updated Java too?

Necro,

The only aspect of World of Warcraft that uses java is your launcher, but the game client does not. If there was an issue with java, then at the most, your news may not populate on the the launcher, but it wouldn't be causing your FPS issues.

Try the steps at: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/100525
Imagine buying a brand new TV last year and this year your cable network wants you to upgrade to a TV now because it can no longer handle the signal? How would that fly?

You need to work on your analogy. This problem came up. People had to buy a digital converter when the signals stopped being analog.

It's more like a person expecting to watch digital tv with a 10 year old analog tv. How would that fly?
UPDATE: After installing the 64-bit Client my game has been running better than ever before, with a 25% increase in FPS and sharper-looking graphics over all. I was hoping this had fixed the issue but didn't want to waste 24 other people's time testing LFR.

Alas, I ran into the issue again in Blade's Edge Mountains on my hunter after taking a Sha'tari nether ray to the Skyguard's camp. Framerate was fine in the camp but soon after heading east the sound started skipping, with 2-3 FPS, and 100% CPU usage up from about 40%. Turning off sound fixed the issue for the most part, as did heading south into the middle of Ogri'la. If I headed north out of Ogri'la the issue returned, but framerate was acceptable leaving in other cardinal directions. The strange thing is my paladin was there yesterday without any issues, but had arrived on a regular flight path from the southeast. (Although he did experience a drastic-but-not-crippling framerate drop flying south from the flightmaster below Ulduar in Storm Peaks, which I chalked up to the mist effects that always have given me a bit of trouble.)

I believe if someone looks into what code is executed when that plane is crossed (and how the super-double-secret code in the patch relates to it) we may be able to narrow down exactly what is going on here.
@Mydead wife, please RE-POST what you just posted above over in the Bug Report Forums I think you might be on to something.

__________________________________________________________________________________

There is a reason HP is sometimes given the nickname Heavy Paperweight by folks who know how to read a specs sheet before a purchase. My friend below explains this very well.

03/05/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Thwee
The age of your system does not equate to the age of your components. How do you think HP keeps the cost down on the computers they sell like the Pavilion that you're using? They put old unused parts in them and sell them at discounted prices. New computer != the latest components.