FPS issues on my brand new laptop

Technical Support
Yep it has been set to high performance for plugged in and on battery for a while. No changes to fps issues.
Ok so I got the new 8gb memory ram card and installed it. Still did not help with fps issues......So I guess it has to be the processor? Please help....again.
BUMP!!!! BLUE POST PLZ
I have only skimmed through the thread but I have seen everything that was suggested. I didn't see any mention of Fullscreen or Windowed(Fullscreen). Is your Windows 7 theme an Aero(transparent windows)? And have you tried Turning off "Use Hardware Sound"? (this one is random)

I would also make sure WoW is set to 1x Multisampling. Also, in windows, right click your desktop and goto Catalyst Control Center. Goto the 3D/Gaming section, make sure everything is set to Application Controlled and High Performance
Application Controlled? I think it is set to that and it is at high performance. Hardware sound has been off and I play in full screen at 1x multisampling.
BUMP!!!
Its not going to run wow very well no matter what you do. if you can still return it i would. Its a 1.3 gig processor with a bottom of the line video card. adding memory or anything else is not going to help. It is not designed for gaming it is designed for browsing the web,watching movies word processing. If your going to get a laptop with a apu minuim e series is the e-450, but a4 or better will run it better.
If the video card is on the bottom of the line video card, then why did ATi Radeon 3100 and 3200 ran better than what I have? They are on the older laptops and yet I got a better fps out of it than my brand new laptop? Both laptops aren't even designed for gaming either so...I just don't get it really.
BUMP!
Video driver is located. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

6300 aka 6300M series.

Try with and without the 64 bit client. 64 bit client you'll find posted in tech support forums. Try directx 9 or 11 see what's best.

Make sure it's not a virus scanner or other running in the background scanning ever little wow file modified. Best to put wow folder on excluded. And yes it will slow the FPS down.

On laptop you also want to go in screensaver options. Under power options, switch it to performance. Under control panel device manager. Under drives. Click hard drive, Policies tab. Make sure a check is in Enable write caching for device.
03/17/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Xelinareyn
If the video card is on the bottom of the line video card, then why did ATi Radeon 3100 and 3200 ran better than what I have? They are on the older laptops and yet I got a better fps out of it than my brand new laptop? Both laptops aren't even designed for gaming either so...I just don't get it really.

Because your old computer had a processor that would pick up the slack from the poor graphics card. Your new lap top has a 2 core 1.3 gig APU. APU's run everything well except games. If you look at the load while running wow its going to be at or near 100 percent for both cores. This laptop barley meets the minimum requirements for wow. Its not going to run it well period. And it does not meet the recommended specs. You can ask for help all day long but no one is going to make it run wow well. Like i said it designed to browse the internet, watch movies do a little word processing. play farm ville and do some face book. Your biggest problem with it is a 1.3 gig duel core APU. E and C series APU's do not preform as well as even older processors like the Pentium D or the AMD X2 64 both of which have almost twice the performance of a E series APU. The bare minimum APU for even considering playing games on is a A series. sorry could not find a direct link for a e-300 look down from the highlighted one. The two recomended will still not run wow great but it would be playable ie you could raid,quest excetra without any significant problems and are significanly higher in preformance then the e300 apu

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+E-350

Here is the bench mark for your processor
E300 apu- 591

Bench mark for the minimum to run wow
pentium4- 610

Here is the benchmark for recomended processors
pentium D- 741
AMD x2 64- 785

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/minimum-system-requirements-for-world-of-warcraft

Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM drive (Downloadable Installer also available)
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard/mouse
2 Gigs of ram and a graphics card that comes along with an Acer computer = Problems like this.
Can I replace the processor for this specific laptop or no?
BUMP
BUMP
You really need to contact aspire Doubt it if you can it would void the waranty and the only chips you could put would be a another e series processor