Why does everybody hate Blood Elfs?

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
Title says it all why do people hate us i mean was there some huge thing that happened that pissed people off about them, or are we just the generally hated race of the game, i am a BC baby so they were implemented when i got here didn't know any different.

And i apologize if this has been asked before?
The prissy, pretty race invaded the brutish, ugly faction.
Because everyone and their mother wants to be an elf.
Haters gonna hate. Now excuse me while I put on my girly shirt and shorty shorts to prance around a field of wild flowers. :D
Some kids are jealous of how awesome blood elves are so they get upset and act out.

It's not your fault, don't worry.
02/21/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Wolfháusen
New lore blood elves

id like to see this new lore
In game wise? They don't fit in with the Horde's savage and bloodthirsty style.

Lore wise? They have a track record a mile long of them being ****s throughout history.
Leetle pointy elfs with tiny swords, they ride cheekin! So cute. Horde is very cute place full of tiny bebe elfs!
They're just jerks.

02/21/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Realaris
id like to see this new lore

Blood Elves have gotten lore since they were introduced. BC was all about them. Wrath, they got the San'layn story & Quel'delar. Cata, the Reliquary was introduced & have been fairly active.

Unlike the Draenei whose lore stopped at the doorstep of Northrend when a guy told them 'no thanks, you're strange looking. Call back later.'

Oh, and did I mention the guy who said that thing was a san'layn who had infiltrated the Alliance ranks in Borean Tundra?
02/21/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Valhalo
Haters gonna hate. Now excuse me while I put on my girly shirt and shorty shorts to prance around a field of wild flowers. :D

Tiptoe thru the Tulips?
02/21/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Because everyone and their mother wants to be an elf.

Not everyone because you wouldn't be a troll :)

Some kids are jealous of how awesome blood elves are so they get upset and act out.

It's not your fault, don't worry.

lol, ok :)
Because they're cool and popular. That's about it. 'original' people like making people who enjoy the popular choice feel bad for it. I wonder what there's more of sometimes, blood elves or haters. There's nothing wrong with playing as one.
Just the men I hate.
02/21/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Sweetvenom
Not everyone because you wouldn't be a troll :)

Allow me to rephrase it...

The Blood Elf is the 'cool' race to be on the Horde. Likely because they are the less 'savage' looking race on the Horde side. It generally attracts many of the wrong type of people. Blood Elf Death Knights with some variation of Sephiroth as their name. Elves who roll on an RP server to ERP in Cybermoa- ... I mean Silvermoon City.

And, even if you aren't in that archetype of Blood Elves, the majority of Blood Elves are stuck up jerks, both as players and in lore.
intresting :)
Blood Elves used to be kick-!@# in Warcraft 3, especially in The Frozen Throne expac.

Then when we get to World of Warcraft, they're stripped of their kick-$%^ attitude and are instead given a bubbly, pop-star status.
Blood Elves used to be kick-!@# in Warcraft 3, especially in The Frozen Throne expac.

Then when we get to World of Warcraft, they're stripped of their kick-$%^ attitude and are instead given a bubbly, pop-star status.

It'd be nice if we could see more of that return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9n2YS1Yi4#t=58s