Heroic Progression

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
We got H Morchok down for the first time last night (our first night trying). We'll continue to be working on Morchok to clean it up (it was nice until some moron called for burning him down, which left me to single soak a crystal and one half of the group wiped, leaving 2 people alive at the very end) but I digress

What should be the next boss for working on Progression?

I've seen some folks say Yor'sahj. Others Hagara. I'm just wondering what the 'easiest' is. We have pretty good dps and a solid group all around. Our group consists of:

Prot Paladin
Prot Warrior
Arms Warrior
Rogue (one that uses daggers, whatever spec that would be)
Arcane Mage (can go Fire, but likes Arcane better)
Boomkin (was our 4th healer for Morchok)
MM Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid
Holy Paladin

Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.
We went with Ooze boss second, the hardest thing about that boss apparently (since i'm not a healer) is making sure the healers communicate who they are healing when it comes to purple stacks because "MORE HEALING" is bad, although WoGs are free :D

I would also make sure one of your healers has a dps offspec because some fights (like Ooze) is 2 healed (again i'm not a healer so i might be totally wrong here but i am not about the Purple heal sniping)

http://youtu.be/97NMrvFYaLs that's one of my guilds kills of it.

The one that sounds all nosilly and half asleep

that would be Me.
If you plan on going for Heroic Yor'sahj, one of your tanks and one of your healers (other than the paladin) need a dps offspec each. Additionally, your dps makeup is kind of weak on AoE. I'd only consider the warrior and boomkin strong AoE dps, and AoE dps is pretty important on that fight.
You do NOT need to 1 tank 2 heal Yor'sahj.
My heroic group tried Hagara and it's a lot of work to try and set up the lightning phase let alone execute it. I grew quite envious of the 25 man cross pattern get out of lighting phase in 3 seconds approach. She crushed us like insects in either phase while we were working out our strategy for who stood where.

I think we got Yorsahj to 50% with my DK solo tanking it. Issues we were having were with void management, mana management, and 2nd set of adds killing people especially our hunter. I'm pretty sure if attendance boss could be kept in check we'd have this killed by now.

I would definitely go with Yorsahj over Hagara.
02/22/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Goje

So would it be better, then, to do the standard 2 tank, 3 healer?

Our prot paladin has a healing offspec and our prot warrior has a dps offspec. I also will go dps for about half the normal fights (excluding Spine and Madness) for the 10% spellpower buff and crit and such.

But from what folks are saying here, it sounds like Yor'sahj is the next boss to focus upon.

So would it be better, then, to do the standard 2 tank, 3 healer?

Our prot paladin has a healing offspec and our prot warrior has a dps offspec. I also will go dps for about half the normal fights (excluding Spine and Madness) for the 10% spellpower buff and crit and such.

But from what folks are saying here, it sounds like Yor'sahj is the next boss to focus upon.

it depends on your DPS, and whether or not you will have trouble killing the adds (black ooze) in time.

First kills are always tight (enrage), our first kill prior to the 5% debuff was just 10 second of the enrage (1tank 2 heals), our second kill was faster by about 20 seconds, with 5% debuff we're like 2-3 minutes ahead of the timer now.
02/22/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Vreivai
If you plan on going for Heroic Yor'sahj, one of your tanks and one of your healers (other than the paladin) need a dps offspec each. Additionally, your dps makeup is kind of weak on AoE. I'd only consider the warrior and boomkin strong AoE dps, and AoE dps is pretty important on that fight.

:S

they have a rogue / spec combat for Blade Flurry, and a mage go fire.

adds will die fast and you wont lose much single target dmg on the boss. even from our first kill the adds died to incidental aoe while everyone was focusing boss,

and an arms warrior, lol they have the 3 best classes for the fight to deal with the adds.
Yeah, I'd go with Yorsahj, but leave a day at the end of the raiding week so you can put a couple of hours into Ultraxion. You might just down it this week too. Seen a lot of guilds kill it very quickly.
02/22/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Adun
MM Hunter

It would be better for your raid if he went Survival.

I've seen some folks say Yor'sahj. Others Hagara.

Yor'sahj hands down, then Ultraxion. People say Hagara is the hardest of the first 5, which I find laughable at best since the hardest part is Ice Lances in 10 because apparently people taking ~4 stacks a piece while rotating two people (including yourself) in a line is too tough for some, and buggy Lightning Totems (ohai I'm 2 yards away and mr. Lightning isn't chaining in a 4 person line.)

02/22/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Elm
I grew quite envious of the 25 man cross pattern get out of lighting phase in 3 seconds approach.

If done right they are the same length give or take a second between both sizes. I even saw someone say 25 man only has to go through 1-2 stacks of the Lightning whatever debuff, I lol'd IRL.
Hagaras definitely the easiest fight on 25 once you get the hang of it.
02/23/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Naiyr
they have a rogue / spec combat for Blade Flurry, and a mage go fire.

Trouble there is you lose the 3% raid damage buff from Arcane (assuming you have no ret or BM)
02/23/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Digerati
Hagaras definitely the easiest fight on 25 once you get the hang of it.

Oh I'm not saying it isn't, but it's not even as close to as hard as people make it out to be on 10, especially Lightning Phase. People say 25's LP only lasts 1-3 stacks, which is pretty lol.
not sure what your dps is like, but next week the buff/debuff is 10%. Your group has good options to make H Ultra pretty smooth.

Rotation:
Tank/Rogue

Tank/Hunter

Mage/Druid/Warrior/H Pally mix and match...Ice block/bearform-barkskin-Freenzy/Sheildwall-Cry/Bubble are all options.