New Scroll of Resurrection is now Live

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 109 Next
03/06/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Vånn
I think the moral of the story here is to let your account lapse and wait for awesome rewards.

It's definitely tempting me to go through the motions of making a second account for a month...
Its a membership drive.

Your rewards are the mount and the joy of having your bestest buddy back in the game.

The idea is neither new nor evil.
Dear Blizzard Marketing department,

If we were playing Good Idea/Bad Idea, guess what category these "Scrolls of Resurrection" would fall into?

I'm seriously wondering how many people had to approve this idea before it went live. I don't have a marketing degree, but even I know that this was a very bad move. You're competing against some other big players these days; Offending your loyal player base is yet another nail in the coffin.

Compare WoW to other games.

Highlight your strengths, lessen your weaknesses.

MAKE THE GAME BETTER.

Publicize the improvements like crazy.

That's how you'll bring people back. This current promotion is a bandaid on a gaping wound. If you're losing people, find out why. And fix it. I can guarantee it's not going to get fixed with a free jump to level 80.

I love this game, but I don't love this gimmick :/

WHAT?

Loyal customers get nothing, but disloyal ones get a free level 80 with epic flying + Azeroth/Cold weather flying license which = 7000g+ value.

A free server xfer.

A free faction change.

WOW.

I am sorely disappointed. Disgusting.
This really irks me especially with things like realm population issues going on.

Oh you paying customers have to pay 25 bucks but your friend who quit can get a free transfer!
Yeah, this is the last straw. What next? Item mall? Don't want to do heroics or raids? Just pay us some money and we'll give you loots, valor points, etc. Blizzard only cares about money. Anyone else who is "outraged" by Blizzard, quit. You only support them by playing they're progressively sh!tt!er game. I canceled my subscription and have no plans on returning to this game. C.R.E.A.M.
I wish my brother still played this game. It would be perfect for us.

/sigh
The main reason this new feature really bugs me is the fact they get $145 worth of services, either for free or $15 I'm not sure, but either way it's a HUGE HUGE deal. Us loyal players however, get a mount. I won't say it's a lousy gift, because a gift IS a gift, but compared to the $145 benefits the quitter recieved, it's horrible.
Nice, start a draenei paladin designed to be a "Auchindoun Fallen Exarch" and this comes out!

Yay!
So, I'm curious, what is the time limitation on using the faction change portion of the scroll? I mean, can I send a scroll to a friend, they get leveled up to 80, do a bit of questing, etc for a week, maybe grab a few faction specific pets or recipes, and then do the faction change after that? Or does it all have to be done at once?

Oh, and since I didn't see it in the FAQ, I'm assuming that the mount is taking place of the free month of game time that the original sender used to get under the old Scroll of Resurrection benefits. Is that right?
WHAT?

Loyal customers get nothing, but disloyal ones get a free level 80 with epic flying + Azeroth/Cold weather flying license which = 7000g+ value.

A free server xfer.

A free faction change.

WOW.

I am sorely disappointed. Disgusting.

Sums up what I had to say quite succinctly. It's an outrage for loyal customers that have leveled several toons, and grinded til they earned the gold for epic flight and whatnot.

03/06/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Magykalfyre
The main reason this new feature really bugs me is the fact they get $145 worth of services, either for free or $15 I'm not sure, but either way it's a HUGE HUGE deal. Us loyal players however, get a mount. I won't say it's a lousy gift, because a gift IS a gift, but compared to the $145 benefits the quitter recieved, it's horrible.

Then there's this. Loyal customers get the shaft. OTOH, quitters that might have leveled a toon as low as 30... FREE 80 with EPIC Flight!

You *know* folks are scrounging for dead accounts to take advantage of this too... And why not? If they've the expendible income, they can ressurrect a few dead accounts, pay 15$ to xfer the new 80s to their main accounts, let the old ones die again. Well, 15$ if you can transfer without paying a month's game time, 30$ if you *have* to be resubscribed for account transfer service.
Tell me how does someone getting a mount, something that serves no purpose other than to be aesthetically pleasing affect you in any way whatsoever?

the answer is it doesn't. but please continue to cry over all the "unfair advantages" we're getting.
What a bunch of whiners. you people are just as bad as the ones who demand they get a refund to the sale price of an item they bought 2-3 weeks prior to it going on sale.

1. Big deal it's an existing toon on an inactive account that will get bumped up to 80. I just leveled a warlock to 82 in 4 days.
2. Most business do things to reel in old customers by offering too good to be true deals. It has been going on for ever.
3. If you all are really that upset with Blizz cancel and leave. You only promote these decisions by paying a company to continue to do business they way they do even though you constantly complain about everything they do. They only way to effect a business it hurt them in their pocketbook. The only way to do that is to cancel.

I can think of no better way to bring back some friends who left before LK by saying give it another try you can start out at 80 and start fresh with all the new content. Oh and you get to xfer to my new server and faction for free.
So if I scroll a friend that only has the base set, they get upgraded to Cata? Am I reading that right?
To all you who are flipping out about:

Free level 80: its a boost and they have said that meaning if you have to have a character to boost that's not level 80

Free mount: its a mount... you know vanity item...

No Loyalty reward: Annual pass (and all the shinies it comes with), getting to spend more timing seeing latest content.

Free transfer/ faction: ??? I see no problem with offering this to people to get them to come back.

Free Cata expansion: Ok I admit This makes me angry but its logical....

Exploiting services:
To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days and their account must have become inactive on or before March 4th, 2012.

Right from their FAQ page >,.,>

Did I miss any?
What a bunch of whiners. you people are just as bad as the ones who demand they get a refund to the sale price of an item they bought 2-3 weeks prior to it going on sale.

Buyer's remorse. As in what all the Ipad owners felt today.
Sounds good to me.

1. Big deal it's an existing toon on an inactive account that will get bumped up to 80. I just leveled a warlock to 82 in 4 days.
2. Most business do things to reel in old customers by offering too good to be true deals. It has been going on for ever.
3. If you all are really that upset with Blizz cancel and leave. You only promote these decisions by paying a company to continue to do business they way they do even though you constantly complain about everything they do. They only way to effect a business it hurt them in their pocketbook. The only way to do that is to cancel.

I can think of no better way to bring back some friends who left before LK by saying give it another try you can start out at 80 and start fresh with all the new content. Oh and you get to xfer to my new server and faction for free.

This. Seriously, cry me a river, build a bridge and get the hell over it.
Tell me how does someone getting a mount, something that serves no purpose other than to be aesthetically pleasing affect you in any way whatsoever?

the answer is it doesn't. but please continue to cry over all the "unfair advantages" we're getting.

Level 80 and 7000G worth of services. That's hours if not days of your life saved because you chose to either quit the game a month ago... or have played it as little as a month of time.