New Tauren model?

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
03/14/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Kaithira
Gimme that current Thrall look and I'll roll an Orc tomorrow. And I'd roll a male Night Elf if they find a way to not make them look like the lovechild of Frankenstein and John Kerry.

No way. Thrall absolutely ruined the entire orc race for me, forever. Him and Aggra both. That new model would only seal the graves. Too much of a reminder of this horrible character that is just oh-so-important.

Because of course the horde get all the important heroes while Trollbane continues to get the shaft a a midlevel useless quest giver and pencil pusher in outland when he should have his own model and be back in Azeroth kicking the horde to the curb.
03/15/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Zaeshural
Gimme that current Thrall look and I'll roll an Orc tomorrow. And I'd roll a male Night Elf if they find a way to not make them look like the lovechild of Frankenstein and John Kerry.

No way. Thrall absolutely ruined the entire orc race for me, forever. Him and Aggra both. That new model would only seal the graves. Too much of a reminder of this horrible character that is just oh-so-important.

Because of course the horde get all the important heroes while Trollbane continues to get the shaft a a midlevel useless quest giver and pencil pusher in outland when he should have his own model and be back in Azeroth kicking the horde to the curb.

Don't forget the Draenei!

They never had an important hero.

Ever.
03/14/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Silverheart
The way armor works is by adding a new texture to the model over the area of the armor piece.

Click on my character's portrait. There are several components of his armor that are three dimensional and extend outwards from the skin of the character. These parts are modeled in a 3D graphics program by hand. They are not magically there, that's human labor you're looking at. Also, even if those parts did not exist, re-sizing the armor would still require re-painting the 2D graphics painted over the armor so that everything isn't completely distorted.

These things are not automatic. All the character armor, if the base model changed dramatically, would need to be resized and repainted in their respective art programs by hand.

Hey man...that's whatcha get fer backin' the wrong horse.

Screens got me pretty amped for MoP, new models or no...haters can go twirl on a rocket. :p

Screens got me pretty amped for MoP

Explain why.

New realm thus far looks gorgeous. What else does there gotta be? The whole game by its own nature is doing the same thing over and over again in order to get shiny baubles...the ultimate Skinner's Box. New places to do the same stuff over and over again in order to get new shiny baubles are always welcome.
03/15/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Bärnaby
The way armor works is by adding a new texture to the model over the area of the armor piece.

Click on my character's portrait. There are several components of his armor that are three dimensional and extend outwards from the skin of the character. These parts are modeled in a 3D graphics program by hand. They are not magically there, that's human labor you're looking at. Also, even if those parts did not exist, re-sizing the armor would still require re-painting the 2D graphics painted over the armor so that everything isn't completely distorted.

These things are not automatic. All the character armor, if the base model changed dramatically, would need to be resized and repainted in their respective art programs by hand.

I'm pretty sure the restructuring wouldn't be so dramatic that the armor-stretching would become disproportionate. I'm thinking its just gonna be some added polygons on the face, a bit of a new skeleton, though mostly the same shape and movements, and just a better detailed picture on the character.
People ask me why I never take a helmet or mask off.

IT'S BECAUSE MY SKIN LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MASHED TOGETHER IN A KINDERGARTEN ART PROJECT.

I -do- hope these are new models. Because ho-damn. I'm more afraid of Tauren than previously.
03/15/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Astrid

Hi.

LMAO

I knew this long forgotten toon would serve a purpose one day.
People ask me why I never take a helmet or mask off.

IT'S BECAUSE MY SKIN LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MASHED TOGETHER IN A KINDERGARTEN ART PROJECT.

You're a death knight. This is acceptable :P
03/15/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Raikys
Yak-taunka.

I read this as Yautja.

Who be putting Predators in My WoW?!
This tells me but one thing.

... WoW might not run on my computer after MoP. ;_;
This tells me but one thing.

... WoW might not run on my computer after MoP. ;_;

It barely runs on mine as it is. :D

ETA
Which is part of the reason I'm going to build myself a fancy shmancy computer. I\ll be able to play on Ultra and record at a decent framerate.
Looks pretty cool. I rather content with current tauren models, atm. I remember what had happened to the last MMO I played (Everquest 1) that went ahead and "updated" all their player models. It was a God awful mess.

Hopefully, it will not be the case here if they do decide to give the current game models a tweak.
Looks pretty cool. I rather content with current tauren models, atm. I remember what had happened to the last MMO I played (Everquest 1) that went ahead and "updated" all their player models. It was a God awful mess.

Hopefully, it will not be the case here if they do decide to give the current game models a tweak.

But it will be a god-awful mess that the players "want."

Like the current female worgen :P
Those are just some kind of Yak-People (aka Tauren reskin) that live in Pandaria. It was the MoP SSOTD.

They said they are working on new models for the classic races but they are not sure if they will be ready by the time MoP releases, so...dont hold your breath.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"