New Tauren model?

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
The stromgardians in WrA really need to tone down the danath thing.

Damn, I agree that he's a badass and everything, but you all complain about it at every thread.

This coming from someone who absolutely worships Lothar and Turalyon.
03/15/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Sholaad
I'm pretty sure the restructuring wouldn't be so dramatic that the armor-stretching would become disproportionate. I'm thinking its just gonna be some added polygons on the face, a bit of a new skeleton, though mostly the same shape and movements, and just a better detailed picture on the character.

No. Nothing about graphic design is easy or fast. Do you want to know how long it takes to simply construct a virtual table with parchment on it in a 3D creator? Seven hours when you add in all the textures and wood details. That is before a possible 13 hour render time when you add shadow and light effects to the scene.

It's a lot of hard work and there isn't even any programming involved. Now enter in an actual humanoid figure, not to mention all the programming they have to do and the man hours get expensive fast. Because all of the hours they spend on it cost money.

I'm talking way more than one day too for the type of design Blizzard does.

03/15/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Bognar
stromgardians

These people do not exist, it they are called Arathi. A Stromgardian would be like calling someone a Chicagoian.
03/15/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Zaeshural
These people do not exist, it they are called Arathi. A Stromgardian would be like calling someone a Chicagoian.

It works for some states, like Texan and Ohioan. Besides, it sounds like "Strom Guardian," and that's kinda what they're doing, isn't it? Guarding the legacy of Strom?
Or calling someone from New York a New Yorker

Or Berlin "Berliner" (this works if you leave out the article)

stromgardians

Wouldn't that be the same thing as calling those who live in the Unites States of America "Americans"?

Oh wait
What?

There already is a nationality to go with them. They are Arathi, as in, people from the nation of Arathor. Stromgarde is a city within Arathor. It makes no sense to identify with just one city when most of them are proud of their entire ancestry and would choose to identify with all of Arathor.
What?

There already is a nationality to go with them. They are Arathi, as in, people from the nation of Arathor. Stromgarde is a city within Arathor. It makes no sense to identify with just one city when most of them are proud of their entire ancestry.

But wasn't the Arathor was dismantled centuries ago? While their capital was indeed Strom, when the Arathor Empire was fractured they renamed their nation to Stromgarde, their capital as well. The closest thing to Arathor we had in the last years was the Alliance of the Second War

It would be the same thing as italians not born in Rome call themselves Romans, just because rome once "owned" the entire Italy.
03/14/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Kinarra
the bitter, jaded part of me can't help but want to place a bet as to whether or not females will be a new model.

I'm going to bet 'not'. Either we'll see more Tauren female models here, or they just won't put women in, period. :-|

Getting a little tired of my gender being an afterthought.
03/15/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Minzel
You're a death knight. This is acceptable :P

Not exactly, in relation to this character's story.

On a side note SHUT UP WDIAK KJDKKQ FFFFFFF
03/15/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Alinor
the bitter, jaded part of me can't help but want to place a bet as to whether or not females will be a new model.

I'm going to bet 'not'. Either we'll see more Tauren female models here, or they just won't put women in, period. :-|

They probably need more taunka female fan art to draw inspiration from. It seems like they drew inspiration from some pandaren lady fan art for the female silhouette.

To the 'Shop!
03/15/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Alinor

Aside from the Taunka females not getting their own model, and the stiff animation of Troll females, I've always thought Blizzard put a lot more effort into the female models than the males. At least in the beginning. They did a good job with the male Gobs and Worgen, but the vanilla male models are hideous compared to the female ones.
03/15/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Bognar
stromgardians

It's like saying 'Kul Tirasian' or 'Lordaeronian'.

urgh
Seems like we've always had a tough time using national identifiers for humans on Azeroth. You'd think having seven nations, you'd want something to separate yourself a bit more in the eyes of your allies than being "Human #1" and "Human #2."

But this is getting off-topic, isn't it? x.x

urgh

Oh, and Scavenged Tirasian Plate says hi.
Lordaeron was a city state, right? Thats makes its people Lordaeronians I think...
They're...
They're so short, b-but...

03/14/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Pellius
so ..... so ..... fluffy .....
stromgardians

urgh

Like saying Azerothian?

Azerothian Diamond
Azerothian Longbow
Common Azerothian Species

Oh wait, that's the correct name.

God damnit, stop using that argument. I've shown how that's wrong thrice with this post.
http://vimeo.com/17611685

Look at this.

This is what female tauren should look like, except you know.

Not with Dragon armor.
Oh, and Scavenged Tirasian Plate says hi.

my god what have you done, blizzard

And Azerothian has been around for a long time, so it's acceptable.

03/16/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Sharkos
http://vimeo.com/17611685

I have to be honest. I don't see much of a difference except for better textures, more polygons and a smoother animation quality. The textures giving her more details like the markings, muscles, etc.
I have to be honest. I don't see much of a difference except for better textures, more polygons and a smoother animation quality. The textures giving her more details like the markings, muscles, etc.

Better than nothing.
You guys know that the moment we get new models, everyone will be crying about how they liked the old models.