where do you get the worgen mount?

New Player Help and Guides
In Darnassus, just outside the Howling Oak.
thx
Note that you need to reach Exalted reputation with Gilneas in order to actually buy and use it. To get rep with them, do quests in such areas as Stonetalon Mountains and the Blasted Lands (both have a fair Worgen population near the end of their quest chains) and, more importantly, do dungeons while wearing the Gilneas tabard, which you can get from the Gilneas rep vendor near the flightmaster in Darnassus.
Hi Tritha! I REALLY like your answer as I googled " how to buy a mount for worgen" But my question is, I am level 40, and I don't see any quests in both Stonetalon mountains and Blasted lands. And they are around level 30 something. I was wondering if you know anyway to boost my rep up so i can reach Exalted sooner in order for me to buy a mount. I just turned to level 40 btw. Also, should i wear gilneas tabard or the Darnassus tabard? Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it and it would be EXTREMELY helpful even if you can just answer it very shortly! :) Again, thank you! cheers!
For the record you should make a new thread to ask a question instead of necroing a dead one.

The Gilneas tabard will give you rep with Gilneas to reduce the cost of the mount, but since you're a Worgen you don't need to be Exalted to buy it. To see quests in lower level zones, turn on "Low level quest tracking" on the minimap tracking.
As a worgen arent you your own mount?
07/16/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Squidwardt
As a worgen arent you your own mount?

Just for the sake of answering, worgens are their own mount but they can also buy their own faction specific mount. Now please do not continue to bump old threads.
Thanks! But I'm sure that I just can't buy it in Darnassus BECAUSE im a worgen. I either have to be a blood elf or to be exalted(i dont know if it means to Darnassus or Gilneas). And btw, doing the lower quests doesn't help the rep. It stayed at the same number after I did several. Maybe I should just do more dungeons with the tabard on. But thanks a lot!! And yeah, I'm new so..
07/16/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Barneydary
Thanks! But I'm sure that I just can't buy it in Darnassus BECAUSE im a worgen. I either have to be a blood elf or to be exalted(i dont know if it means to Darnassus or Gilneas). And btw, doing the lower quests doesn't help the rep. It stayed at the same number after I did several. Maybe I should just do more dungeons with the tabard on. But thanks a lot!! And yeah, I'm new so..

I think you mean night elf, not blood elf. ;)

And you don't need to be exalted with Gilneas to buy a Gilnean mount. You can buy your own race's mount no matter what your rep is. It's only other races outside of your own that you need to get exalted with.

So if you want a Gilnean horse, you can go buy one in Darnassus from the vendor no matter what your rep is right now. If you want a night elf saber cat, you need to get exalted with them before going to the vendor in Darnassus.
Well this sure explains a WHOLE lot!! I think I've spent more than three hours just trying to get exalted.. anyway, but where can i get the mount for worgen? I already have a horse that I bought for 9 gold, I think I want one of these tiger-look like. They are right in the entrance of the cenarion enclave in Danassus. And again, I've only played for like.. weeks.. lol
p.s the NPS lelanai says that Im not considered as exalted to the Darnassus and the night elves of Teldrassil. And i have to prove myself, then she'll open the selections..
07/16/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Barneydary
Well this sure explains a WHOLE lot!! I think I've spent more than three hours just trying to get exalted.. anyway, but where can i get the mount for worgen? I already have a horse that I bought for 9 gold, I think I want one of these tiger-look like. They are right in the entrance of the cenarion enclave in Danassus. And again, I've only played for like.. weeks.. lol

The tiger mounts are the Night Elf mounts, and to get them as a Worgen, you must be exalted with the Darnassus faction. You can buy a Darnassus tabard from the vendor next to the hippogryph rider and if you equip it, you will get Darnassus reputation for monsters killed in dungeons.
07/16/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Barneydary
p.s the NPS lelanai says that Im not considered as exalted to the Darnassus and the night elves of Teldrassil. And i have to prove myself, then she'll open the selections..

Those are for the nightsabers for darnassus. You need to find the gilnean merchants, right outside the howling oak in darnassus.

If you would of actually read the post you necroed, you'd find the right info right at the top.
Thanks! Now I really get it. Appreciated it!
I dont think I can find the Gilnean merchants, there is a short women who sell two kinds of horses, and that's where I got my horse. I think I originally wanted the mount, which I guess is faster and better looking. But I'll just do the dungeons with the "jersey" on. Thanks alot thought!
07/16/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Barneydary
I dont think I can find the Gilnean merchants, there is a short women who sell two kinds of horses, and that's where I got my horse.

That IS the Gilnean mount, the Gilnean mount is a large horse with no saddle.
The night elf mounts are sabertooth cats.
The human mount is a standard sized horse with a saddle
The Gnome mount is a mechanical ostrich-like thing
The Dwarf mount is a Ram
The Draenei mount is an elephant-like creature.