You are now Away. You are no longer Away.

Mobile Bug Report
Seems like it should take a little longer to be "away". Also seems to happen more when I'm active than when I'm not.

I was actively chatting between 1:19 and 1:38. Did not log out, did not switch screens:
1:22 You are now Away (1:23 no longer Away)
1:24 You signed out (1:25 You signed in)
1:26 You are now Away (1:26 no longer Away)
1:27 You signed out (1:28 no longer Away) (signed out, then no longer away? huh?)
1:29 You are now Away (1:30 no longer Away)
1:31 You signed out (1:32 You signed in)
1:34 You are now Away (1:34 no longer Away)
1:37 You are now Away (1:38 no longer Away)
1:38 You are now Away (1:39 no longer Away) *This is when I stopped chatting*
1:40 You are now Away (1:44 no longer Away)
.. and 15 minutes later with no chatting, still online and no Away message. (Edit: I logged off at 2:09 with no further messages - was online, not "Away" despite - or perhaps due to - not typing anything for near 30 mins.)

Just wondering if this experience is normal/intended/being fixed?
Which platform is this? Android or iOS?
iOS on iphone4
03/16/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Zyz
iOS on iphone4

Well, this is one of those edge case "intended" but only because of the limitations of the OS. The away logic is pretty complex, not to mention this is a mobile device so service is in a constant state of flux, even if you're not aware of it -- those little bars are not as accurate as we're led to believe. iOS in particular has some odd quirks that makes retaining a connection to a complex network like Battle.net a bit of a challenge. We're in a constant state of improving this so it will only get better, not worse.