[A] LF achievement focused players for RBG

Dalaran
Acceptable Losses is forming a guild sanctioned RBG team. The purpose of this team is to explicitly pursue the RBG mounts at 75, 150, & 300 wins. If you are an achievement or mount focused player and want to pursue the RBG mount(s), please contact me in game. Make no mistake, NONE of us are PVP gurus by any stretch of the imagination. This is a goal to specifically target the RBG mounts before MOP arrives.

At this time our goal is:

Thursdays 9-12 Server. HOWEVER, during the first few weeks we are going to TRY to meet Thursday, Sunday and Monday to purposefully drive our rating as low as we can.

Once we successfully withstand driving our record into the ground and face teams as close as we can, then we'll scale it back to Thursdays specifically with an option sign up for Monday.

If you do NOT have PVP gear but still want to pursue this, that's ok too. Anyone who joins our guild and wants to pursue this will be provided a complete crafted set appropriate to their armor type and role. Additionally they wil be provided a JC crafted Neck and two Rings.

I am looking for a Hired Gun to lead this RBG guild endorsed endeavor. If you are a well versed PVP player (alt or main, i don't care) and would like to have an incentive based position to lead RBG, please contact me in game.

Dedicated RBG Rank in the guild with the ability to Invite and Promote
Dedicated RBG tab in the guild bank, guild stocked with ANY needed resource(s)
A structured GOLD incentive reward per guild RBG with weekly rewards and monthly bonuses
We will be doing our first effort of RBGs this evening.

The goal of this group is to SLOWLY work towards 75 wins to get the mounts. We have the most eclectic group of PVP players (both in terms of skill and gear) but again the goal is to initially drive our rating low enough to face other non-ROFL stomp you in the face players.

If you are a player that has interest in RBGs and want to do it with a group of people that are working on a LONG term goal, hit us up this evening.
We will be doing our first effort of RBGs this evening.

The goal of this group is to SLOWLY work towards 75 wins to get the mounts. We have the most eclectic group of PVP players (both in terms of skill and gear) but again the goal is to initially drive our rating low enough to face other non-ROFL stomp you in the face players.

If you are a player that has interest in RBGs and want to do it with a group of people that are working on a LONG term goal, hit us up this evening.

So you aren't playing this game for fun anymore? Why are you still playing?
I am confused at your thought we're not having fun. =)

Few people want to pursue the PVP mounts. RBGs simply don't exist on Dalaran, but hopefully we can find a few people who are goal oriented and can withstand a few whippings on the way to a few victories.

Hopefully we can get enough to actually participate. Then, hopefully we can eek out a win or two here and there. Eventually have our rating at a place where we can face other teams on equal ground.
"Driving our rating into the ground"...intentionally losing...

That to me seems like a person who is just looking for an achievement just because it means points and not someone who enjoys what they are doing. In other words...you are removing the spirit of competition...just like any other game or sport...
03/30/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Cryclone
"Driving our rating into the ground"...intentionally losing...

Fair enough, you can not hear the tone or inflection in text. So at text value that might read poorly.

As it turned out it was ignorance. We played 5 matches last night. 3 AB, 2 Gilneas. We lost our AB matches and we went 1-1 in Gilneas! It was awesome to get a Gilneas win!

To clear it up, we wanted to go into the evening with realistic goals of having "10" people committed to a long term goal. We got that accomplished we had '10' people. The next goal was just to get in there and "Try". However, when we determined that the match was decided, we "tipped our king". We backed up to the GY and allowed our opponent to 5-cap to speed the process up. We treated it like Chess. We acknowledged when our opponent had a superior position and conceded the match.

That to me seems like a person who is just looking for an achievement just because it means points and not someone who enjoys what they are doing. In other words...you are removing the spirit of competition...just like any other game or sport...

Well, it was awesome when got that win as all 10 players got the achievement for a RBG win. The guild as a whole got a Guild RBG win achievement. There were 2 people who had not PVP'd at all and they got the Gilneas Victory achievement.

Again, the purpose of the post was to let other "achievement" focused players know there was a group that was pursuing the PVP achievements. Even among our guild, we have players that have wanted to PVP but just avoided it because of how brutal randoms can be. Now we have a core collection of guild members that will be getting their Ruthless Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity this week. Others were converting Justice/Valor to Honor/Conquest. So in terms of spirit of competiton, we competed last night and even got a win.

The goal next week is to have everyone with Ruthless Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity and go for 3 wins. We ended the night with a matchmaking value in the 1300s. As individual players we ended with a 192 rating. So I would call last night a complete success with unlimited potential moving fwd.
Last week we were able to form up 10 players and got a single victory. This week we're hoping to form up again and see if we can do a little better.

This is not a hardcore group, but it is a dedicated group. This will let you get in grass roots. Sure, everyone wants to hop on a 1800+ team and just roll through but doing some research over the last few weeks, those opportunities are not on Dalaran.

If you commit to Thursday nights, we'll commit to you. Acceptable Losses isn't "new" we've been around for several years. Wazulus and myself have been on server over 7 years. We are making an effort to see this through. No, one victory isn't anything to jump around and celebrate - but at the same time, how many RBG victories did you have last week? How many could you have over the course of the next few weeks? months?

Send a tell in game.
Of our 10 people, only 5 showed this evening.

I see you people in trade chat looking for an RBG group. Here is a grass roots opportunity. We have a core group that continues to show up week in and week out, we just need to flush out the roster.

The goal is 75, 150 wins. We actually got a single win a few weeks ago with barely any PVP gear on the majority of people.

If you want to do RBGs and have a realistic expectation of starting at the bottom, we're looking for other players.
2 people have contacted me about a RBG team on Thursday, would still like more that are interested. We have a core group of 5 that will be there every week but we just want to get the other slots filled with long term achievement focused people.

Stop spamming /2 looking for an RBG team. Thursdays 9-12.

~Cana
I was actually approached by two people who have expressed interest in Leading this team that have actual PVP background.

Again, if you're in /2 constantly looking for an RBG team this is your chance to get in at the front end. At this time, we're aiming for Thursday 9-12 (server time). However, many of us would be open to multiple evenings it just requires "10". So the idea is getting it founded on Thursdays with the option of adding more.

Even if you're undergeared or not from a PVP background, this is the right group for you. Where a lot of people state: "looking to go for 2200+" our aim is to get a solid group of "10" consistently; work progressively towards 75 wins; then once we have a consistent "10" make an effort to progressively improve.

I monitor the top 100 achievement players on the realm, and so I know there are a lot of achievement focused players. If you are one of those players that pursue achievements and do not have a PVP background, this is the right group for you.
I continue to see you people in /2 (trade chat) - don't you people come on the forums?

Lets be real people, how many "2200+" RBGs do we have on Dalaran? Come on seriously. Look, we're "192" - nothing to brag about, but consider this..."192" gets you in the game. This is a chance to actually get in and have a permanent spot. "192" today can be..."300" tomorrow. Before you know it, "1000". If you can hit "1000" with a rag tag bunch of people you found about on the Dalaran Forums - imagine if we actually got together 2-3 times a week and broke 1500. Before you know it, people amp up a bit and say: "Hey 1500 - we need to take this seriously". Is 1700-1800 really out of the question? I would suggest, no.

Hey look, we have people willing and geared to heal. Our healers are probably some of our best PVP geared players. We have at least one person (ahem) willing to be a Flag Carrier, with a flag carrier spec and appropriately gemmed/enchanted for Flag carrying. Imagine that, a core group of RBG players that have a dedicated flag carrier and healers. What does this mean? If you show up as DPS you can get in at the grass roots and cruise.

Want to know something just as cool? If you know what you're talking about and have a background in this format (RBG), we'll actually listen to you without giving you a hard time. No egos. We don't profess to be the god's gift to PVP, but being older players we have no problem checking our own personal ego at the door and learning from someone who has more experience. What other group is offering an actual scheduled even for RBGs, with healers and a FC, and is willing to give you a voice in direction of the team?

What gives here people? Lets get some more bodies signed up and lets get to 75 wins for a cool mount and see where this takes us.
We only have 8 sign ups this week, so the "10" is still being pursued.

An interesting conversation I had last week, I feel needs clarification is to "lose on purpose". The initial concept was that we may in fact need to in order to drive our rating down low enough to escape the 2000+ groups. As we discovered in our first week, this was unnecessary in fact we even got a win in our first week.

As it stands now, we would enter all matches with the intent to win. By all accounts we now have an established rating (192) that should, for the most part, put us against more appropriate groups.

If you are looking to get into RBGs, we still are trying to fill the roster solid. Contact Cana or Wazulus in game.
We had a bit of a rough start going 0-2 against the same team, but finished the night with 3 straight wins! Gilneas + WSG + AB. We were really excited about the AB win as we lost that one 4 times.

Haven't broke 1000 rating yet, but getting 3 wins is pretty exciting for a bunch of dragon killing PVE players.
just out of curiosity, to join your rbg group, do we or do we not need to join the guild first? i am happily guilded and would like an opportunity to pursue 12 or 13 wins for my mount.
06/01/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Violëtta
just out of curiosity, to join your rbg group, do we or do we not need to join the guild first? i am happily guilded and would like an opportunity to pursue 12 or 13 wins for my mount.

This is my 2nd time writing this, and the other one got out of control in a rant so I'll just answer your question and perhaps still rant.

Short answer: No, you don't have to join the guild.*

*One does not have to join the guild, but if Acceptable Losses could field "10" guild members you would be left out.

That being said, I've been approached by about ten people who, like you, don't wish to join the guild but then don't even bother to show up or even change their status on the calendar invite. I've been approached by "I'm 2400 on my main" to "I just got here and can get you 3 more guys" to "I would like to try RBG"...every week it's the same thing: 6 regular Acceptable Losses people who just want to to do one night of RBGs for a couple hours and short 4 people. I don't mind spamming /2 for 10-15 minutes but when you have 12 people sign up up and then 6 people show, it gets old and gets old fast.

I personally don't get it. I understand our group isn't "great" or even "good". However, we have won...a few times actually. A single win grants 400 conquest points, which is pretty substantial. So many people in trade want to find a "2000+" team that they can just hop on and go for the ride, that's fine. I have never turned down anyone, all that I asked is that they show up and remember what the idea of the group is. To form "10" people that just want to pick away at it. The amazing thing to me is that every week, it starts out REALLY rough by we end up winning 3-4 in a row to close the night out. Imagine if we could get the same "10" every week and actually built some strategies and teamwork...

/sigh

My other favorite question is: "Do you run 'xyz', dot-cleave-shadow play Two fiddy niner?"

Um...no we run: "Do we have "10" people who want to pvp"

Or my other favorite: "Tell your mages (plural mages) to run fire and have your druid go boomkin, then have the Warlock and Priest..."

1 - we are luck to have "A" mage if any at all. 2 - we don't have a druid...at all

We have 3-4 people "willing to heal"; we have me who will "flag carry as prot" and we have 2-3 people that will "show up".

I know this isn't the greatest sales pitch to get people to come out, but it's not like they're coming anyway...