Idea for Dark Simulacrum in MoP

Death Knight
So, I was just bored and thought to myself... this semi useless ability (relax, hence why I said semi)

Would be really cool if you were to also aply it to an ally.

Your thoughts?

"What if Dark Simulacrum could also be applied to an ally as well as an enemy?"
Arcane Blast.

Or maybe some kind of dps cooldown.. ima go research this now..

I'm guessing it would have to be a spell using mana?

Mirror Image.
Avenging Wrath.

I'll write down more later when im not falling asleep.
Dark sim is fun when used on targets as they are in trouble. It is when the target is at 50% health in melee range that they will be using the fun spells. That said, what do my fellow dks do with iceblock? I seem to get that one a lot.

As for applying to an ally, that could help get the other really fun spells that I always wanted to get. If i recall correctly it was possible to pick up paladin seals, and shadowform on a shorter duration, I imagine that might influence arena comps if made available.
Dark sim is fun when used on targets as they are in trouble. It is when the target is at 50% health in melee range that they will be using the fun spells. That said, what do my fellow dks do with iceblock? I seem to get that one a lot.

As for applying to an ally, that could help get the other really fun spells that I always wanted to get. If i recall correctly it was possible to pick up paladin seals, and shadowform on a shorter duration, I imagine that might influence arena comps if made available.

I actually dark sim while a mage is IN ice block because they usually blink after. Nothing more satisfying in this game then destroying a mage this way :)
You are kinda going off topic here guys...
I know what Dark Sim does and I have alot of fun with it from time to time, specially copying Blink, Haunt, Avenging Wrath and Bloodlust/Heroism, etc...

I looking for feedback and what kind of possabilities we could see with by having it castable on a friendly target...

Would this make the ability more enjoyable?
Would this make the ability worth using? (putting into a rotation)
etc...
03/17/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Vanduren
I actually dark sim while a mage is IN ice block because they usually blink after. Nothing more satisfying in this game then destroying a mage this way :)

Agreed, that is the most amusing way to eliminate a mage.

As for the main topic, it might if you could time it for specific key abilities. For instance a set focus catching a haunt in pve could be a potential damage increase, if you could ever find an aff lock. I can see trolling h ultra by simming an iceblock/divine shield for hour of twilight. Once again I would advocate finding a cool spriest or ret pally and getting shadowform or seal of Vengence? (the dot seal) which could be powerful in pvp and pve if well practiced.

Rotationwise it would be hard to use a 1 minute cd like that in pve, a list of abilities that might increase damage would be haunt (if unholy) avenging wrath (for both but would require the pally to time it for you) maybe the full power nukes of the caster classes.

However even if usable on allys in pve it will likely be potluck for normal players, much like lightwell is for holy priests. In a hardcore group though i can see crazy stuff with allied dark sim, crazy stuff like dks dropping a 2nd lightwell prefight, dks popping tranq or divine hymn with your healers for the lulz, in the end I can see this getting my favorite rng spell removed, or badly nerfed.

In the end I doubt Dark sim will change function in mop, except for more fights like hagara that can give dks extra spells. As for pvp in mop monks will have mana, at least as healers, I look forward to seeing what monk spells a dk can steal!
Ally DS would be really cool but perhaps a bit OP in PvP when paired with a Pally, there's probably a few others as well.

03/17/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Pachyderm
It would be awesome if DSim copied a damaging spell, that it would mimic the same amount of damage caused by the original caster when the DK casted it.

+9001

Also it would make me REALLY happy if the copied spell was available to use for the whole duration of DS's CD.