Ji Firepaw

Story Forum
1 2 3 6 Next
Ji Firepaw, a follower of the more direct Houjin philosophy, is adamant that inaction is the greatest injustice. He holds that it’s honorable to defend home and family no matter the cost. Outgoing, passionate, and not one for deep thought, he is always the first into the fray. Ji finds himself attracted to the scrappy practicality that defines the Horde. Although it will cost him dearly, he will decide to carry the Horde banner when he leaves the Wandering Isle

So, what do you think will happen to this guy?
Something to show the Horde is 'bad' guys :P

Probably some village or his family will get killed or something.
He's going to do something to accidentally cause the death of the island-turtle.
03/19/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Vyrin
He's going to do something to accidentally cause the death of the island-turtle.

Then kill himself in self-pity and be raised by Sylvanas to teach the Forsaken how to be monks before he breaks the necks of every woman and child in Cathedral Square.

After all, why villain bat when you can just tactical villain strike the Horde.

Seriously though I think something the Alliance accidentally does causes him to join the Horde in defense of his home/family.
He's gonna get some really bad indigestion.
03/19/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Fayn
Then kill himself in self-pity and be raised by Sylvanas to teach the Forsaken how to be monks before he breaks the necks of every woman and child in Cathedral Square.

Is it wrong that the image of him doing that made me laugh?
Clearly the Horde is going to do something empowered by him to make him regret his thoughtless ways and show the folly of making allainces with the Horde.

/sigh

I keep trying to be optimistic about this expac. It sounds like it has a lot of cool stuff but I just cant help but dread the !@# kicking we are going to get. First we are going to have a sound beating with the villian bat and then we get the joy of seeing the Alliance fighting though the streets of our capitol showing as what 'real' heros are, while our 'human trained' orc messiah tsks us on our foolish ways and brings us back to the light by the nose.....

Yeah... Im finding this optimistic thing a bit hard.
It probably won't be as bad as they make it sound like it might be. Hopefully just the death of a loved one as sacrifice for a greater good or something along those line. I'm going to assume they'll not use the alleged villan bat on him, though I'm prepared for if they do.
I keep trying to be optimistic about this expac. It sounds like it has a lot of cool stuff but I just cant help but dread the !@# kicking we are going to get. First we are going to have a sound beating with the villian bat and then we get the joy of seeing the Alliance fighting though the streets of our capitol showing as what 'real' heros are, while our 'human trained' orc messiah tsks us on our foolish ways and brings us back to the light by the nose.....

Welcome to our world.
03/19/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Welcome to our world.

Oh come on, at least Varian's becoming more human and like Lothar, instead of an orcish-human.

Thrall's -still- a humanish orc.
03/19/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Skytotem

We don't know if the events of MOP will toughen him up or not.
Ji will befriend Lor'themar, and with his fiery spirit will ignite Lor'themar into action, into becoming the leader the Blood Elves deserve. And they will drink fine alcohol together. Often. Heavily.
03/19/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Mordstreich

I doubt it. Cata was supposed to be Thrall's journey. He faced his demons, got a girl, saved the world and he's now going to have kids. He's all toughened out.
Clearly the Horde is going to do something empowered by him to make him regret his thoughtless ways and show the folly of making allainces with the Horde.

/sigh

Yeah... Im finding this optimistic thing a bit hard.

Wow, so that's what we Allies sound like when we don't think the Alliance is ever going to be able to beat the Horde. WHY would the guy who's going to lead his group of Pandaren to ally with the Horde be an example of why NOT to join the Horde? That makes no sense! You ain't givin' any real attempt to be optimistic.
03/19/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Mordstreich

Could you really say that with a straight face?
03/19/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Skytotem
Thrall's -still- a humanish orc

Thrall has always been an issue as a representative example of an orc since he was brought up by humans and therefore is a somewhat 'humanised' orc. This always has made it questionable as to how much he is a 'true' orc in personality and nature.

It shouldnt require a 'humanised' orc to make the horde in general and the orcs in particular be a compentent and respectable race. The current orc stereotype reminds me as a group of musclebound jerks.
Thrall has always been an issue as a representative example of an orc since he was brought up by humans and therefore is a somewhat 'humanised' orc. This always has made it questionable as to how much he is a 'true' orc in personality and nature.

It shouldnt require a 'humanised' orc to make the horde in general and the orcs in particular be a compentent and respectable race. The current orc stereotype reminds me as a group of musclebound jerks.

This is what bothers me.

Warlord Krogg, Gorgonna, Greatmother Geyah, Durotan, Drek'thar, Kilrogg, Jorin, I mean... we have MANY examples of reasonable orcs.

And yet with Thrall it's talked up like it's all the humans that made him that way.
03/19/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Skytotem

Yes.
03/19/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Skytotem

Think of it this way...

When Thrall comes back and we're all neutral hand-holders that sing kumbaya on a camp fire we can actually do dungeons together like best buds.

03/19/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTps-KN098

Better response.
Wow, so that's what we Allies sound like when we don't think the Alliance is ever going to be able to beat the Horde. WHY would the guy who's going to lead his group of Pandaren to ally with the Horde be an example of why NOT to join the Horde? That makes no sense! You ain't givin' any real attempt to be optimistic.

It's explicitly stated he's going to be the poorer for joining us, there's no reason to be optomistic, it's just a fact, it's not surprising.

We all expected the loss after Cata, though not necessarily that the Villain bat would be -this- bad.

03/19/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Yes.

How? if anything he'll be more of a bleeding heart and see his people as monsters that lost their way :P