Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

Warlock
Prev 1 9 10 11 23 Next
Well, Grimoire of Sacrifice is right there. Buffs some HP at cost of your demon.

Still, if the glyph is the thing responsible for those changes, they might just dump some HP at the cost of Int, for example.

But its only a temporary fix, the Sac I mean. So that would be like your Last Stand.

Sacrifice lasts as long as you don't have a demon out, so that is a health buff, probably around the same amount you would gain swapping from frost to blood presence.

I don't really see health being that much of an issue, as warlocks are the highest hp class for cloth users, and I think the 10% health increase remains in the game.
Shamans were different than warlocks.

If you read through everything, warlocks and a tanking spec are much more advanced and probable than the shaman ever was. Warlocks are currently built to tank with the glyph and the few people who have used a warlock to tank dungeons (heroic HoT dungeons) have said they have ran them flawlessly, even some say they are easier to heal and take less damage than warriors.

We will have to wait and hear from a blizzard response, I was really hoping to see one on this as this is such a major change and it's not even being brought up.

But its only a temporary fix, the Sac I mean. So that would be like your Last Stand.

Sacrifice lasts as long as you don't have a demon out, so that is a health buff, probably around the same amount you would gain swapping from frost to blood presence.

I don't really see health being that much of an issue, as warlocks are the highest hp class for cloth users, and I think the 10% health increase remains in the game.

Well then, even though the ship has LONG SINCE set sail. I wouldnt get excited about this as other people have said UNTIL its confirmed.

As cool as it could be. Cooler things have been taken away in the past.

Dont mean to be a debbie downer... but we have to think realistically about this, until its in blue text.
Clearly that glyph will allow Demo locks to tank!

The question is: Will Locks be able to select "Tank" as their role for LFD?

Well then, even though the ship has LONG SINCE set sail. I wouldnt get excited about this as other people have said UNTIL its confirmed.

Dont mean to be a debbie downer... but we have to think realistically about this, until its in blue text.

I understand, but I am just being hopeful. They seem to have put a lot of thought into this and I would hate to see it go away.

But I was thinking and I thought the point of this expansion is to allow players to do things more ... freely? I am not sure if that's the best word.

But the way metamorphosis is built, it could have easily been converted to be a side tank, but Blizzard did seem to take things a little bit further, making the metamorphosis be like a druid form, making mastery reduce damage take the more you have, giving them a taunt and increased threat. A lot of this sounds like they are either heading to the direction of another tanking class being added OR a new incentive to bring warlocks into dungeons and raids.

There seems to be a huge lack of warlocks nowadays, but this would definitely bump up the numbers by a good bit.

I understand, but I am just being hopeful. They seem to have put a lot of thought into this and I would hate to see it go away.

But I was thinking and I thought the point of this expansion is to allow players to do things more ... freely? I am not sure if that's the best word.

But the way metamorphosis is built, it could have easily been converted to be a side tank, but Blizzard did seem to take things a little bit further, making the metamorphosis be like a druid form, making mastery reduce damage take the more you have, giving them a taunt and increased threat. A lot of this sounds like they are either heading to the direction of another tanking class being added OR a new incentive to bring warlocks into dungeons and raids.

There seems to be a huge lack of warlocks nowadays, but this would definitely bump up the numbers by a good bit.

It definately would increase the Warlock playerbase. I'd actually dust mine off. He's still sitting in the greens and few blues he had gotten at the start of Cata.
I think enhance shams would be a tad mad since they always wanted the ability to tank...Oh well not my problem, trolololololol.

It definately would increase the Warlock playerbase. I'd actually dust mine off. He's still sitting in the greens and few blues he had gotten at the start of Cata.

Warlock has been my main since the middle of Wrath. I really enjoy all the buttons and different things you can do! But this would make me even more addicted to him. lol.
I have found a possible salution to the HP thing.

Curse of Enfeeblement

Binds the target in demonic energy, reducing the physical damage by 30% and inceasing the casting time of all spells by 30% for 30 seconds.
(The New) Fel Armor

Increases your armor by X, your total stamina by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%
Psh, I was tanking in demon form before it was a spec, but this is a welcomed buff if it sticks.
SO excited!
omg!!! that would be so cool to tank with my warlock
From: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2532-Tyrael-s-Charger-PTR-Build-14899-Mists-of-Pandaria-Live-Developer-Q-A

Q: During the first discussion on talents, you revealed that Druids would be receiving a fourth talent tree to differentiate between bears and cats. I think this has been mostly received as a positive change by the community. You also stated that the notion of a hybrid tax is an antiquated view on class structure. Are there any plans to provide unique buffs to the four pure DPS classes to compensate for their lack of diversity, or maybe, creating a 4th spec in their areas that would allow for another role, such as a tanking Warlock?

A: We don't want to have unique buffs per DPS spec within a class, but we do want to make sure the DPS specs do offer utility that the tanks and healers can't bring alone. We also want to have greater variety and richness among specs for those classes with multiple DPS specs (e.g. hunter, warrior). We definitely want for there to be a reason to bring pures to a group as well.

...he didn't say no locks can't tank...
Sounds like an "OH SHI" raid type of thing, kind of like when a DPS feral druid goes to bear or when a rogue uses evasion.
03/22/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Adiemus
Sounds like an "OH SHI" raid type of thing, kind of like when a DPS feral druid goes to bear or when a rogue uses evasion.

Nope, because the Warlock has to glyph for it, a glyph that could be a DPS-oriented one. If the Lock uses the "tanking glyph" then he expects to tank, not to be the last line of defense when the bad stuff hits the fan.
Still patiently waiting for a blue post to confirm/deny. Until then, it's all skeptical. I don't always tank raids, but when I do, it's on a clothie.
Stay hopeful my friends.
Brb, rolling a demo lock